The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Cardio

Cardio

I do intense cardio for about 30 mins at the end of my workouts. My main goal is to lose weight, but I also do intense muscle workouts to gain mass. I know it's impossible to lose weight and gain muscle, but I have noticed slight improvements, and I dont think i could survive just doing cardio! I love weights! Anyway, my question is, for WBB routine 1, is it ok if i do cardio after each of the 3 workout days, PLUS on the OFF DAYS? SO my routine would be

Monday - Chest/Back, 20 mins of cardio at the end.

Tuesday- 50mins of cardio

Wednesday- Legs, 20 mins of cardio at the end

Thursday- 50 mins of cardio

Friday-Shoulders Triceps, Biceps, 20 mins of cardio

Saturday OFF

SUnday OFF

Does this look ok?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Cut the cardio to 30 min of intense training and on workout days try to avoid it if you want mass. As far as the weight goes just do 12*bodyweight in cals. and the fat will disappear. Try not to overdo it becasue you will lose to much muscle then you will be like me and have to work you a$$ to gain it back.

Slow and steady. You'll feel better.

Thanks for sucha quick reply! About the cals, i don't think my problem is eating too much, i think it;s not enough! Because of some crazy schedules over the last couple years, I am veryr arely hungry and eat about 4 meals a day, I try to eat as much as i can, and i seriously have to go and force myself to eat, because if i DIdn't, i would not feel the urge to eat. Still it doesn;'t make muchs ense, because I am about 20 pounds over weight, I have a 29% body fat. YOu'd think if someone wasn't eating enough, and even if their metabolism was storing food in fear of starvation, the eprson would still lose some weight right? I have maiantained about 20 pounds over weight consistantly this whole time, so it must be soemthing else. I am trying to eat bys chedules so i cna train my body to be hungry at those times,a nd it's kinda working now. Is till haven't seen much difference losing fat wise, i have lose about 3% body fat in about 4 weeks. But for the most part I am just putting muscle on top of fat, instead of losing the fat and keeping the muscle. I am not going to give up though, if eel great, and working out is like a hobby now, and not a chore.

Try counting cals for 1 week and see where you are at. Maybe you are eating too much in the four meals. Also I would try mixing 2 protein shakes in the mix. to eat about 6 times. You are probably seeing some newbie gains. It is possible to lose weight and gain musc. if you are new to this.

I too have lost weight and gained muscle. It might have not been the most effiecient. But you can do it. I did a alot of low impact cardio, walking the dog. So it didn't effect my recovery. Not a big fan of getting on equipment for cardio.