The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    FREAKZILLA

Cardio Before Or After Weight Training???

In you opinion is it better to do cardio before you work out or after you weight train? I have been doin it before and it seems fine but not sure if it may hurt my work out. What do you think?

Second I ain't much of a fan of cardio so all I do is ride the stationary bike for 30-40min 4 times a week with the resistance all the way up at a pace of about 40-50 rpm and burn about a thousand calories or so is this a good way to drop my BF%?? I will also be doing this while on a heavy duty steroid cycle.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

If you *must* do it, do it after.

I really wouldn't bother that with that much, especially not if you're doing a cycle.....seems kinda counter-productive.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

after most definitely ... you go to the gym to lift, so use your energy for that
    Size is SEXY!

As long as there's raniali nudity, its all good. -- PMDL, my idol
    My God. I wish, if only for a day, i had hooters like that to play with. -- TCD, my other idol
    It is as stable as my mindset around your breasts. -- robboe
    Good god raniali....you have an amazing physique. -- JustinASU
    Whenever raniali posts in a thread, somebody is bound to get aroused, thats just the way it is. -- Y2A

~Anything worth doing at all IS worth doing well.~
    ~You all laugh because I am diFFereNt; I laugh because you're all the same.~
    ~Have no fear of perfection; you will never reach it. -- Salvador Dali, Diary of A Genius~

definetly post workout...20 minutes at a low to moderate intensity is all you need

FREAKZILLA
    Power man how is it counter productive?? I lift weights to look good not for power or anything (even though I am 6'2 247) but I have a nice bit of fat I can do without probably around 16% since I tore my ACL in August. Also riding the Stationary bike is a part of my rehabilitation so I figure why not burn off some fat while I am at it. I am burning about 1,000 calories in a 30min session so I don't think that it's too much especially considering I eat 5,000 calories a day off my cycle.
    Thier's no one finer the Scott Stiener- Scott Stiener

Big Poppa Pump is your hook-up holla if ya hear me- Scott Stiener

Damn it feels good to be a Gangsta.....

Originally posted by pumpenit
    definetly before and after if your a lard azz. If not, before or after. After is good but so is before. its also good to do cardio before you do your 2nd cardio routine. I always do cardio before cardio and then train with weights. On weekends I do cardio after waking and then again after breakfast again after lunch again after dinner, again after watching TV and again before going to bed.
    hmmmmmmm... will i ever be big enough?

Age- 17
    Height- 5'10"
    Weight- 160

RAW lifts
    Bench- 225(1)
    Deadlift-350(1)
    Squat-285(1)

Pumpenit! What ever your having Id like it to. I do cardio before and after a workout. Before I do it as a warm up-about 10 minutes on the bike machine or the treadmill. The rowing machine is awesome aswell. Somedays I might go for about 20 mins on that. After a workout I go for a swim. The gym I recently joined has a 50 metre pool. And I do about 12-15 laps. And then its home to bed to rest my head

3:16
    Originally posted by BIG POPPA PUMP
    Power man how is it counter productive?? I lift weights to look good not for power or anything (even though I am 6'2 247) but I have a nice bit of fat I can do without probably around 16% since I tore my ACL in August. Also riding the Stationary bike is a part of my rehabilitation so I figure why not burn off some fat while I am at it. I am burning about 1,000 calories in a 30min session so I don't think that it's too much especially considering I eat 5,000 calories a day off my cycle.
    are you sure your burning a 1000 kcals in half a hour on a stationary bike, that is some pace for a bike if you last for 1/2 hour. 2,000kcal in a hour is like 33kcal a minute.

even though machines are not accurate in working out your kcal out put. The most i have done on rowing machines or running machines is like that pace for like a minute or so. Bikes use less kcal as only using your legs and sitting down.

As for counter productive. the increased trianing session time will decrease recovery as it will increase the catabolic state you are in.
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

FREAKZILLA
    I am just sayin what the bike says it says I burn 1,000 calories as long as I keep the RPM range between 40-50 and have the resistance all the way up I should burn at least that (according to the bike) in 35min tops
    Thier's no one finer the Scott Stiener- Scott Stiener

Big Poppa Pump is your hook-up holla if ya hear me- Scott Stiener

Damn it feels good to be a Gangsta.....

Do it on non-training days.