The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

How Important Is It To Take Breaks For Your Diet?????

When bulking I usually eat the same thing every single day because its the only way I make sure I get my cals. Although I think it is a very healthy diet, after awhile I seem to get tired all the time and just feel like crap. So last week I decided to take a break from dieting completely and in just a few days I already feel a lot better. So my question is...Even if you are on a great diet, should you cycle off it every so often because your body will get used to it? Or is it possible something else was making me feel like crap. Here is some more info about me:

I used HIT training 1-2 times per week
    Here is my diet:

6 meals a day

Protein/carbs/fat in every meal

Each meal is usually something like Protein shake or steak or chicken along with a veggie like rice or broccoli and I usually supplement with flaxseed oil.

I eat around 3000 cals a day

I take my multivitamin, Vitamin E + C, Folic Acid

Woudl definately like your thoughts

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

YOu dont need to cycle a diet food is food. your body won't get use to it. I do have one cheat day a week when I eat any damn thing that I want. It keeps me saine.
    "The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." -Steve Prefontaine

Motivate a fatty here.

Sounds like you need to get some variety in your diet. You don't have to eat the same things everyday, but like you said it does make it easier to keep up with calories. As long as you are getting in your calories throughout the day you should be alright. Their are many choices of food out there, just try and find some different foods to incorporate into your diet.

Wannabebig Member
    actually your will adapt to your diet after about 10 weeks give or take. That is when most people reach a plateau or the pounds dont come off as much. When your body gets use to the diet...your metabolism will slow down.

A good thing to counter act this is to take a week off every 8-12 weeks and just eat whatever...or do a one day a week cheat day.

Wannabebig Member
    Thanks....I have been taking a week and a half off and I feel a lot better. Now I actually want to get back into the gym and I cant wait to start dieting again. So I guess the break worked.

the body adapts to the level of activity and caloric intake not the actuall foods themselves...

You need to change your lifestyle not diet Dieting is bad...lifestyle change good!
    Homer Jay Simpson: Okay, brain. You don't like me, and I don't like you, but let's get through this thing and then I can continue killing you with beer.
    Homer's Brain: It's a deal!