The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

eating after drinking

Do any of you eat after drinking?

I usually do and it' s cottage cheese with a vegetable and some flax.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Grasshoppa
    After drinking what?
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

I don't eat carbs or fat after drinking.

I dunno if there's scientific reasons behind it, but usually anything you eat when drinking is put aside and stored for later metabolism. Any fat you eat when drinking, gets stored as fat (or a good majority of it at least).
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Eating while drinking is what really makes you fat. When your drinking all the bad stuff looks good. If you've had a good deal to drink something lite is a good idea. You'll feel alot better. Especially if your not a seasoned drunk. When me a my buddy go out I eat he doesn't. I wake up feeling great. Ya its extra cals, but if your not a hardcore drunk and don't it all the time your better off. especially if the next you want to work out. Just don't be a pig, which is so easy when drinking. I put on alot of weight in college, I'd eat before the bar and then eat when I got home. Buts that 5-7 nights a week.
    Berserker

WOuldn't it be beneficial especially if you haven't eaten in a while. Especially if you dance you use energy and if you didn't eat wouldn't you been missing a chance to put something good into your body. I try to eat clean when I come home from the bar. so a least i am getting some nutrients. I am not a Hardcore drinker but my friends are so there is temptation. It doesn't help that i work at a bar.

Well that's why i eat just protein.

I'm not overly sure though.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Pickled eggs.

Success Nourishes Hope Shankerr's Avatar
    Pizza :-) unfortunately, to get home from the bars here, we have to go thru Pizza Corner (an intersection of two streets, with pizza shops on three of the four corners) Only now and then though, most of the time, i just come home and go to bed... I just drink alot of water before I hi the sack.

i think you're safer with some cottage cheese or egg whites or something if you can get coordinated enough to prepare it in your drunken state ;-)
    Let me get this straight...
    You get play from the girl of your dreams
    PR Shoulder Press using the 3 digit dumbells
    Hit up some fun with the guys
    Then get more play
    (all in one afternoon/evening I might add.. S)
    You are a success my friend . Share your secrets. (Crippy)

rookiebldr says:
    As for the weight gain, that too shouldn't be a problem, just tell them your leaning out. Then flex your bi and tell them to ****ing get lost.
    Shane says:
    yeah or throw something at them
    rookiebldr says:
    like a couple of 45's

Selfproclaimed Fancy Pants wibble's Avatar
    Sounds like Halifax.

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
    I don't eat carbs or fat after drinking.

I dunno if there's scientific reasons behind it, but usually anything you eat when drinking is put aside and stored for later metabolism. Any fat you eat when drinking, gets stored as fat (or a good majority of it at least).
    I agree with this theory...I imagine your body is freaking out thats it's just been flooded with a toxin and is more worried about processing the alcohol than the food in your gut.

So it sits and goes to your arse...
    -Stray-

"When you are not practicing, remember, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win." - Ed Macauley

I work out because I have two daughters.....and one day they'll be teenagers.

Success Nourishes Hope Shankerr's Avatar
    Originally posted by wibble
    Sounds like Halifax.
    haha, oooh, it is definitely an example of Halifax at its best, stumble out of the Dome (aka, meat market) or maybe one of the nice places.. and gotta go right thru pizza corner.. I think its like the alternate pickup place for everyone that didn';t already hook up in the bar..
    Let me get this straight...
    You get play from the girl of your dreams
    PR Shoulder Press using the 3 digit dumbells
    Hit up some fun with the guys
    Then get more play
    (all in one afternoon/evening I might add.. S)
    You are a success my friend . Share your secrets. (Crippy)

rookiebldr says:
    As for the weight gain, that too shouldn't be a problem, just tell them your leaning out. Then flex your bi and tell them to ****ing get lost.
    Shane says:
    yeah or throw something at them
    rookiebldr says:
    like a couple of 45's

Selfproclaimed Fancy Pants wibble's Avatar
    Hahaha definately. Man I miss Hali. Damn me and my dropping out.

Pizza Corner has the best pizza I've ever had. And the Liquor Dome... what can I say. I know I love it. I'll find my way back out again... ;D