The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Diet Help

Hybrid View

Diet Help

Ive been training for just over 2 years now. When is started i was 160 lbs for the 1st 1 and a half years i never bulked i just trained and modified my diet. Over the last 12 weeks i have been having ago at a bulking diet, i was 180lbs when started and now weigh 198lbs. i have noticed size gain all over but i have gained fat around my midsection and lower back. i know i have to be prepared to gain fat in order to maximise mass gain but it is realy worrying me.

i will bump up a recent thread i made which shows my before and after pictures. i not perfect but i am pleased with my size gains over my 1st 2 years.

My stats are: 5'10 23yr old 198lbs. Body fat unknown?? Biceps measure 16 inch. i am natural.

Here is my current bulking diet plan:

6am : 2 scoops of Progain(maiximuscles mass builder) & 3scoops of oats with 1 pint of water. Also Mulitvit.

9am: 1 30g protein drink & pint of milk

noon: 2 x turkey sandwiches on brown bread. 1 x pack of low fat crisps. 1 x cod liver oil tablet, 1 x vit c tablet

3pm: 2 x turkey sandwiches on brown bread

5pm: Chicken breast or steak with rice, pasta or potatoes & Veg

7.30pm: 1 x Protein drink & 2 x rice cakes

9:30pm: 1 x Protein drink with 1 x flax oil 1 x vit c.

I drink approx 8 pints of water a day. i take creatine and Glutamine.

This diet has helped me to pack on size and my stenght has improved, but as i explained before im concerned with my fat gain. Can you see where i could tweak my diet. Am i just simply eating too many calories.

I know this is a long mesage but thankyou very much for taking the time too read it and i hope you can help me out.

Do you think seen as i gained approximately 18lbs from this bulking diet i should now start to cut bodyfat so it doesnt get any higher. i was looking to keep bulking until after xmas then cut for the summer, but i could start cutting now. what do you think??

Looking forward to you help.

Cheers

D221
    "Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body"

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

grow.....Grow....GROW.....
    The only thing I can really see and I'm no expert is to switch the noon and 5 pm meals. Have the pasta/rice/etc. at lunch this way you have a little more time to burn off some of the carbs and still take in the cals. Also, instead of have 2 sandwiches, have 1 but load the 1 up with the meat of 2. Just my 0.02.
    If at first you don't succeed, take 5 lbs. off and try again.

Grasshoppa
    Seems like a good lot of your protein is coming from protein drinks. Should try to get it from whole food.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park