The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Originally posted by Saturday Fever
    More PR's. It's no wonder I call Supertraining the Bible of Fitness. Good lifting.
    AGREED. What a great system for recovery SF. Damn man I dont know how to show you how much I appreciate you bringing this Model of Training to my attention. Obviously I am working out much more infrequently but still---I am enjoying the time spent in the gym setting new PBs all the friggin' time. Felt very strong today, especially on the inclines and skulls.

As a sidenote, you may want to take a closer look at Metaformin. Everything I read says it will almost cripple your testosterone production, and generally it is prescribed for women by their OBGYN.
    Yeah I dont know though SF, I am still kind of up in the air with what I think about glucophage. Everything I read seems to be VERY positive. Rarely do I see anything negative about it. You can do a search on it and look at what WBB member Severed Ties wrote about it a while back, its very very interesting.

I don't know why you are never satisfied with your body. According to you, you're never big enough, never lean enough, never strong enough, etc. You're always complaining that you have to change something. Be happy with yourself like I am! So many guys would do anything to have a body like yours!!!

Originally posted by Brittany1016
    Babe, you do not need to take anything for fat loss... I think your body is PERFECT now!!! I love you!
    Thanks sexy... You always make me feel better angel. My body is FAR from perfect though. Bigger BACK first of all would be nice, then bigger arms, wider delts, bigger calves, bigger pecs, etc. I love you too Brittany.

I don't know why you are never satisfied with your body. According to you, you're never big enough, never lean enough, never strong enough, etc. You're always complaining that you have to change something. Be happy with yourself like I am! So many guys would do anything to have a body like yours!!!
    Hehe, I dont know why I am NEVER satisfied with my body, or my strength babe. I am never lifting enough weight, etc. I am never big enough, lean enough, or strong enough. So I guess instead of complaining about it I should just use that as motivation to get bigger, stronger, and leaner. You should be happy with yourself cutie pie. Your body is FLAWLESS.

Nice friggin' boobs & butt!!

... and legs and stomach.
    Last edited by MonStar; 11-26-2002 at 03:49 PM.

Jack's Utter Surprise Saturday Fever's Avatar
    Yeah I dont know though SF, I am still kind of up in the air with what I think about glucophage. Everything I read seems to be VERY positive. Rarely do I see anything negative about it. You can do a search on it and look at what WBB member Severed Ties wrote about it a while back, its very very interesting.
    Ever notice that everything you read about it is always in reference to women using it? You didn't go and become a woman did you?

Thanks sexy... You always make me feel better angel. My body is FAR from perfect though. Bigger BACK first of all would be nice, then bigger arms, wider delts, bigger calves, bigger pecs, etc. I love you too Brittany.
    And I'm really hard-pressed to find a study or research or article that says Glucophage will do ANY of that for you.

Ever notice that everything you read about it is always in reference to women using it? You didn't go and become a woman did you?
    Haha thats funny SF because I had to search for 'glucophage for women' to get any references to women at all. I dont know why. Strange. Anyways I am just going to give it a shot thats all. If I dont like it---as we both know, Ill stop taking it. From everything that I have read it looks great. Everyone who has taken it seems to think its awesome for fat-loss, etc.

And I'm really hard-pressed to find a study or research or article that says Glucophage will do ANY of that for you.
    LOL---you got a point there SF. Well see man I dont know. Just want to give it a shot thats all. See what I think of it. Looks to be excellent for cutting fat and extra glycogen storage, increased insulin sensitivity, etc.
    Last edited by MonStar; 11-26-2002 at 03:55 PM.

One last bit and I'm leaving it alone.

How does Glucophage work?
    Glucophage helps your body produce less glucose from the liver. It does not cause the body to make more insulin, therefore, it rarely causes low blood glucose (hypoglycemia) when used alone. Hypoglycemia may occur when Glucophage is taken in combination with insulin or other diabetes pills such as Prandin or sulfonylureas.
    Glucophage has been found to lower blood fat levels and possibly contribute to minor weight loss.

One last bit and I'm leaving it alone.
    Lower bodyfat levels? Is there something wrong with that SF? I am not sure what youre getting at I am sorry. Minor weight-loss. Theyre most likely assuming a regular diet would be upheld. I am going to be eating over maintenance calories so I am not going to be expecting any kind of minor weight-loss at all. But well see what happens. Thanks for the posts SF.

Originally posted by MonStar

Lower bodyfat levels? Is there something wrong with that SF? I am not sure what youre getting at I am sorry. Minor weight-loss. Theyre most likely assuming a regular diet would be upheld. I am going to be eating over maintenance calories so I am not going to be expecting any kind of minor weight-loss at all. But well see what happens. Thanks for the posts SF.
    It says BLOOD FAT levels, not bodyfat levels.
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska

Originally posted by NateDogg
    It says BLOOD FAT levels, not bodyfat levels.
    Oh, f*ck, my fault. Well in that case. I am not too knowledeable about blood fat levels at all. So I cannot really give an opinion at this point. Sorry for reading it wrong though. Well see what happens. Thanks for bringing that to my attention ND.

• GENERAL COMMENTS
      Feel good today I think. I am not sure about my glucophage order though because I have yet to hear back from the company that I ordered it from. Which is very very strange. Almost always you get a confirmation order and everything like that. So I dont know what the problem is. I am not in the mood to go and reorder the sh*t from another site. Taking too damn long. Oh well. English class and work today, damn.
    • PAIN/SORENESS
      Damn chest and delts and triceps are friggin' KILLING me!! What the f*ck. Ow... I mean painful painful. As in extreme pain. All three are just stiff and aching. My thighs and glutes are still a little sore. Nothing extreme but still some mild DOMS. This is day (3) of negative traces in my legs---Ill most likely train legs on Monday.
    • DIET/SUPPLEMENTS
      Meal 1: Meso-tech MRP + 2% milk + 1 banana, multi-vitamin/mineral, 1g ester-C, 400 IU vitamin E, 2 Xenadrine RFA-1
      Meal 2: organic soda, 1g ester-C, 400 IU vitamin E
      Meal 3: whey protein powder + rice milk
      Meal 4: caramel bar
      Meal 5: alfredo noodles, soda
      Meal 6: lemonade spritzer, multi-vitamin/mineral, 1g ester-C, 400 IU vitamin E, 2 Xenadrine RFA-1
      Meal 7: cheesebread, soda
      Meal 8: banana nut bread, skim milk

Estimated Calories: ~4500
    • TRAINING---REST
      N/A.
    • TRAINING LENGTH
      N/A.
    • SLEEP
      7 hours
    • WEIGHT
      209.5 lbs. (home)
    • MISCELLANEOUS
      Rest day. Which I need I guess. DOMS in my chest, delts, and triceps is unreal. I am aching worse than ever it feels like. Not sure what the damn problem is. Ow. Anyway didnt sleep too great last night unfortunately. Weight this morning was okay I guess I dont know. Nothing special there.
    Last edited by MonStar; 12-15-2002 at 12:38 AM.

Gotta love that DOMS. Are you using any glutamine? I bought a tub a while back and used it for a while and then just stopped, and I didn't really notice much of a difference. Just recently I decided to use it again, and this time I can actually say the DOMS isn't as bad as it was.

Your going to have to learn me a thing or two about tri's (bi's aswell) i never get doms in either whereas in all other muscles i experience it, could this be a factor in why my bi's/tri's dont seem to grow.

Bet your glad of a rest day with your recent onslaughts!

b-ting B-R
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

I would love to ache like you do Monstar, I know it sounds sadistic but I can't believe how you're always aching.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Originally posted by Frozenmoses
    Gotta love that DOMS. Are you using any glutamine? I bought a tub a while back and used it for a while and then just stopped, and I didn't really notice much of a difference. Just recently I decided to use it again, and this time I can actually say the DOMS isn't as bad as it was.
    Yeah man I include 5g of glutamine everytime that I train in my 20 oz. of Gatorade. I sip on that while I workout. Its 20 oz. Gatorade, with 5g creatine and 5g l-glutamine along with a 1/2 tsp. of salt all mixed together. Pretty much f*cks the taste up but oh well. Seems to work well for helping me get a good pump and everything like that I think. I dont know. Yeah I do get some crazy DOMS. Hurts like a b*tch.

Originally posted by Big-Ron
    Your going to have to learn me a thing or two about tri's (bi's aswell) i never get doms in either whereas in all other muscles i experience it, could this be a factor in why my bi's/tri's dont seem to grow.

Bet your glad of a rest day with your recent onslaughts!

b-ting B-R
    Yeah I dont know BR, my arms always get extremely sore. Actually it takes a good bit to get my biceps REALLY sore but theyre usually stiff after a good pull session. My triceps are ALWAYS sore, no matter what. After I do my heavy skullcrushers around 8-10 hours later my triceps start aching, and its painful. Damn. Gets extremely intense and I can barely move my arms at all. Ow... theyre sore right now.

Originally posted by Maki Riddington
    I would love to ache like you do Monstar, I know it sounds sadistic but I can't believe how you're always aching.
    Yeah Maki, I dont know what my problem is---but I get extremely sore. My DOMS is honestly so intense I have trouble walking when my legs are really sore, and I can barely move when my upper body is extremely sore. For example today my chest, delts, and triceps were killing me. I could BARELY drive. LOL, I am taking in a damn good amount of calories too so I dont know what the problem is. I sleep well too.

Oh yeah, after reading your last leg workout, I decided to try some power squats today. Dear god. Legs = dead.

Originally posted by Frozenmoses
    Oh yeah, after reading your last leg workout, I decided to try some power squats today. Dear god. Legs = dead.
    LOL---man, yeah theyre a good exercise. Seem to hit my glutes and quads and hamstrings all 100%. I also feel it a good bit in my hip flexors and everything like that. Really enjoy them a lot. I would love to get up to 800 lbs. on power squats. That would be awesome.

Happy Thanksgiving...

• GENERAL COMMENTS
      Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I am going to pig out today, damn. I always eat like a friggin' horse on Thanksgiving and I am not going to be any difference on this one. Looking forward to all the good food. My grandad is here from VA Beach and hes going to help me install my throttle body spacer. So that should be fun. Its only supposed to take like 20-30 minutes so it shouldnt take too much time. Well see what happens.

By the way this really sucks, I am EXTREMELY sick!! Cold, cough, sore throat, etc. I dont know how I managed this. But I am going to be taking echinacea (sp.) and some other things from my work to help out with this.
    • PAIN/SORENESS
      Chest, delts, and triceps---OW!! Aching like crazy. This is day (2) of negative traces in my chest, delts, and triceps. So well see what happens. Legs are not sore anymore. So Ill train them on Monday. Pull is on Friday, Legs is on Monday, and Push I have no idea. Still suffering from the last Push session.
    • DIET/SUPPLEMENTS
      Diet was SH*T today. LOL. It was Thanksgiving though so its all good. Ate tons and tons of stuffing, mashed potatoes, and desserts. I mean TONS. I piled in all kinds of sh*t. Oh well. No supplements today---took a day off. The glucophage could get here anytime between 5-28 days. So that kind of sucks. It could be here next week or next month. Thats always nice. Friggin' bullsh*t if you ask me.

Estimated Calories: LOTS!!!
    • TRAINING---REST
      N/A.
    • TRAINING LENGTH
      N/A.
    • SLEEP
      7.5 hours
    • WEIGHT
      212 lbs. (home)
    • MISCELLANEOUS
      Wow, need this rest day. Slept well last night! Finally. Got a good 7.5 hours of sleep and really slept well. Didnt wake up at all which is definitely a good thing if you ask me. Weight this morning was high too! Jeez. Tomorrow morning I cant imagine what I am going to weigh after Thanksgiving.
    Last edited by MonStar; 12-15-2002 at 12:39 AM.

Happy Thanksgiving Monstar, in the Uk we dont celebrate, only time family is all together is christmas and new year.

Nice to see you got some good sleep, make you you eat enough today M
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

Originally posted by Big-Ron
    Happy Thanksgiving Monstar, in the Uk we dont celebrate, only time family is all together is christmas and new year.

Nice to see you got some good sleep, make you you eat enough today M
    Hey thanks a lot BR, appreciate it. Sucks that you dont celebrate Thanksgiving over in the UK man. Its a lot of fun piggin' the hell out---and I mean REALLY pigging out. Spending and entire day doing it. Makes it all worthwhile. Yeah I am going to try and get some good sleep tonight and maybe pull 6 plates tomorrow morning on rack pulls. Well see what happens. I am sick as f*ck right now but I think that I have 6 plates in me. Well obviously see tomorrow morning. Wish me luck!

Are you lifting on Friday? That'd bve a great time to chew up the excessive calories. I had about 5 tons of calories myself. I'm renaming it to Thanksforlettingmepigout Day.

Are you lifting on Friday? That'd bve a great time to chew up the excessive calories. I had about 5 tons of calories myself. I'm renaming it to Thanksforlettingmepigout Day.
    Yeah SF, I am definitely lifting this morning. Unfortunately I am sick so I am not sure how great my workout is going to be. I feel like friggin' hell. Cough, cold, sore throat, etc. Totally the flu or whatever you like to call it. Yeah I ate about 5 tons of calories yesterday too. Damn. Hopefully my workout this morning will go well---well see what happens.

Hapy Turkey Day, if not a little late, and FEEL BETTER!!!!
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska