Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: MonStar's Journal: A New Beginning

Originally posted by LATMAN
    LOL. I wasn't saying yo can edit it, I meant SF. There was a comment in there that must have been deleted. Either way, good job.
    LOL---oh my fault Latty, haha. Its all good. I did go with Power Squats only because that is what Streamline (the company that makes the machine, calls them). It does sound a lot like real squats though thats the truth. Oh yeah, there must have been a comment in your post that was deleted.

• GENERAL COMMENTS
      Woke up feeling good today I think. Today I honestly need to get to work on a few research papers and essays that are due sometime next week. Thats what I SHOULD be doing but I think I am going to run to the bank and then to Pep Boys, LOL. Well see what happens. I want to replace my windshield wipers. Theyre all rusted on my car, not too good. Unfortunately I wont be doing another 'Pull' session until next Thursday. I was sore from Thursday-Saturday so thats (3) days, and (3)*(3)=9. So then I end up training Pull on Thursday. Maybe Ill do my Push session before that depending on my DOMS. Well see.

Haha since I rarely get enough protein I have decided to add a big high-calorie milkshake to my diet. Try and get one in every night before bed. A good high-protein MRP, some milk, and some ice-cream. The one today was Meal 2, and around ~800 calories. Around 70g of protein which was good too.
    • PAIN/SORENESS
      Lats feel good now, finally. Chest is KILLING me, and my glutes and thighs are friggin' aching. Calves really arent bad. My triceps are aching too, ow.
    • DIET/SUPPLEMENTS
      Meal 1: frosted mini-wheats cereal + skim milk, multi-vitamin/mineral, 1g vitamin C, 400 IU vitamin E, 2 Xenadrine RFA-1
      Meal 2: Meso-tech MRP + 2% milk + ice-cream, 1g vitamin C, 400 IU vitamin E
      Meal 3: 2 Taco Bell supreme beef gorditas, multi-vitamin/mineral, 1g vitamin C, 400 IU vitamin E, 2 Xenadrine RFA-1
      Meal 4: nachos & cheese, twizzlers candy
      Meal 5: skim milk

Estimated Calories: ~3000
    • TRAINING---REST
      N/A.
    • TRAINING LENGTH
      N/A.
    • SLEEP
      1+8 hours
    • WEIGHT
      209 lbs. (home)
    • MISCELLANEOUS
      Glad today is a rest day, I am aching all over. Sleep was good last night. Slept a long time which is exactly what I needed I think. Some wierd dreams, oh well. Weighed in this morning at my house at 209 lbs. which is okay I guess. Want to hover around 210 lbs. for a while. See how things go at that weight.
    Last edited by MonStar; 12-15-2002 at 12:28 AM.

Jack's Utter Surprise Saturday Fever's Avatar
    You must have had one hell of a pull day. That's good though. Think food on your rest days. I know you're watching total calories, but eating now will store energy for your next workout. And with any luck it'll keep you fueled enough that next time you'll only need 6 or 3 days between sessions.

Weight seems to be climbing steadily, but not too fast. 225 should be right around the corner.

Originally posted by Saturday Fever
    You must have had one hell of a pull day. That's good though. Think food on your rest days. I know you're watching total calories, but eating now will store energy for your next workout. And with any luck it'll keep you fueled enough that next time you'll only need 6 or 3 days between sessions.
    Yeah exactly SF, this is what I am thinking about. I am just hoping that my body responds well when I dont experience an extreme amount of negative traces and I maybe training heavy again in 3 days. But my body should slowly adjust. And depending on the workout intensity, well see what happens with my DOMS. This system is truly remarkable SF---I dont know how you stumbled upon it. Its only a few paragraphs in Supertraining. When I flipped to it I was like DAMN how did he manage to pull this outta here!? LOL---I am just not good at applying what I read to my workouts thats all.

Yeah I know I am watching total # of calories but I need to have enough fuel for my next pull session, hitting up rack deads and most likely---going for 555x1.

Weight seems to be climbing steadily, but not too fast. 225 should be right around the corner.
    Hey thanks a lot for the support SF, appreciate it man. I hope that 225, semi-lean pounds are around the corner. I could get up to 225 lbs. without a problem in a few days, but it would be flab. I want to stay at a decent bf%. Maybe around 12-13%. So my abs are visible and I have no gut whatsoever.

I am just hoping that my body responds well when I dont experience an extreme amount of negative traces and I maybe training heavy again in 3 days.
    If you do Pull today, and your body says Pull in 3 days, your body will be able to handle it. So far I've had 3 and 6 day rest periods and each time when I come back, either way, it just "feels" like the right time to be back. Your body won't lie to you, just be sure to take everything into account. Not just DOMS, but how do you "feel"? Do you feel worn down and beaten? Keep tabs on everything. You'll do fine, you always do.

If you do Pull today, and your body says Pull in 3 days, your body will be able to handle it. So far I've had 3 and 6 day rest periods and each time when I come back, either way, it just "feels" like the right time to be back. Your body won't lie to you, just be sure to take everything into account. Not just DOMS, but how do you "feel"? Do you feel worn down and beaten? Keep tabs on everything. You'll do fine, you always do.
    Thanks for the kind words SF---and yeah I know exactly what youre saying about your body not lying to you. A lot of times I wake up in the morning and I want to go to the gym so damn badly but its not my 'scheduled' time to train so I dont. Kinda stupid I guess. This isnt everyday by any means, I am just saying. Yeah I know general sense of well-being is always a good indicator. If youre a more irritable or even moody or miserable, thats usually a negative trace, correct?

If it lasts past my morning cup of coffee, I take it to be due to a workout.

Wannabebig Member
    seems like your diet stinks, you only got 2 actual meals coming in, and one is a cheat meal tuttut bad bad bad...

If it lasts past my morning cup of coffee, I take it to be due to a workout.
    Haha yeah thats what I am thinking. Oh well. Hopefully Ill get to know my body a lot better with this system of recovery. Well see what happens.

Originally posted by Broken Arrow
    seems like your diet stinks, you only got 2 actual meals coming in, and one is a cheat meal tuttut bad bad bad...
    Haha thanks for checking out my journal man, yeah I know my diet sucks. Its all good though so far it hasnt negatively affected me so I have no real reason to change it. Everything is going well if you ask me. Just my personal opinion of course. As long as I am getting enough calories thats all that really matters to me.

Wannabebig Member
    3500 calories? I would aim a bit higher for a your weight...

3500 calories? I would aim a bit higher for a your weight...
    I dont know BA, I must have a rather slow metabolism because right at 3500 calories thats about where I slowly gain weight. Around 3500 on training days and around 3000 on non-training days. I am around 210 lbs. right now too. So its at right around 16.5 x my BW on training days which isnt too bad. 13-15 x BW is to maintain your weight generally. I dont know, well see what happens.

Wannabebig Member
    True, I have a quite the fast metabolism. Whatever suits you bro, just I would recommend replace all those supplements with real foods, and real foods that don't include fast food. Also your fruits and veggies are lagging, unless you forgot to add them.

What's up with the weight difference at home and the gym?

True, I have a quite the fast metabolism. Whatever suits you bro, just I would recommend replace all those supplements with real foods, and real foods that don't include fast food. Also your fruits and veggies are lagging, unless you forgot to add them.
    I dont know BA, my last priority right now is cleaning up my diet. Fast food isnt a healthy choice I know---but its convenient, and my only priority right now is an ample amount of calories. If for some reason my strength / size / development gains come to a screeching halt, maybe Ill consider re-evaluating what I am doing. But at this point I have no reason to change anything. Thanks for the tips though, appreciate it.

What's up with the weight difference at home and the gym?
    LOL---dont ask me man. Time difference is about ~30-45 minutes which isnt enough time to make an appreciable difference. I am assuming that my home scale, which is electronic, is down a bit. Because the gym scale and the scale at my work are both pretty damn close. Just an observation. I usually just take an average of my weight at home and at the gym.

Wannabebig Member
    Urghh, I had electronic scales. I weigh myself, than go take a pee, go back on, and I gain a whole 2 lbs? It's unreliable...

*brings out blow torch*
    prepare... to be... BLOWN AWAY MY FRIEND

BRING IT or fall back private!
    Our Journal!
    R.I.P Devie

Urghh, I had electronic scales. I weigh myself, than go take a pee, go back on, and I gain a whole 2 lbs? It's unreliable...
    Yeah sometimes they can be a b*tch. The one that I have is usually pretty reliable I mean my weight doesnt jump too much on that scale I dont think, well see how things go. I really want to get up to a semi-lean 225 lbs. in the future. That would be great. Well see what happens. Thanks for chiming in BA. Appreciate it man.

Im with you on the 3500 cals a day that was my bulking figure, i found whatever was making me gain 1-2lbs per week was just fine n dandy with me.

Yeah im on the CKD alright start of my 3rd week tommorow. I like it don't know how much better it is than conventional diets but, it is different and that suits me fine. Ive put alot of effort into making it work and the fat is shifting, tbh i dont carry alot of fat but my hips seem to take the brunt of it (damn mothers genetics ).

When i get down to 180 i think i will bulk again, maybe not as intense this time because i couldn't handle the weight i was putting on, i.e. strength was not running parralell to size, which is not what i want, strength is equally as important to me.

Also being a P-T personal trainer requires a good image and the bulky look will not get me extra customers sadly .

Good luck with your training, i'll be a regular viewer and poster once again as my degree now allows some more freetime, with the recent completion of essays. later bruv

B-R
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

Originally posted by Big-Ron
    Im with you on the 3500 cals a day that was my bulking figure, i found whatever was making me gain 1-2lbs per week was just fine n dandy with me.

Yeah im on the CKD alright start of my 3rd week tommorow. I like it don't know how much better it is than conventional diets but, it is different and that suits me fine. Ive put alot of effort into making it work and the fat is shifting, tbh i dont carry alot of fat but my hips seem to take the brunt of it (damn mothers genetics ).
    Yeah 3500 calories on training days is about right for me so far. Well see what happens. As I slowly gain weight I might need to bump that figure up a little bit, I am not sure yet obviously. Good luck with the CKD BR, hopefully youll be okay with that man. Good diet. I used to swear by it a long time ago. Nice for burning off fat.

When i get down to 180 i think i will bulk again, maybe not as intense this time because i couldn't handle the weight i was putting on, i.e. strength was not running parralell to size, which is not what i want, strength is equally as important to me.

Also being a P-T personal trainer requires a good image and the bulky look will not get me extra customers sadly .

Good luck with your training, i'll be a regular viewer and poster once again as my degree now allows some more freetime, with the recent completion of essays. later bruv

B-R
    Thanks a lot for the support BR, seriously. And good job becoming a PT---thats always a nice position to have. I enjoy helping people who come into my supplement store with fat-loss, muscle gaining, etc. Its all good. Yeah Ill be sure to frequent your journal too on a regular basis. Please keep it updated!

Good luck with getting to 225lbs naturally that would be awesome

Just don't get stuck on putting on weight just for the sake of it...it is real easy to do (i know )

Good leg strength as well considering you only take short rest periods.....Squats normally take me 20 mins just for them

Keep up the good work MS.

Peace

DD

Originally posted by Deca Devil
    Good luck with getting to 225lbs naturally that would be awesome
    Hey thanks a lot DD. Yeah getting to 225 lbs. natural and pretty LEAN, would be awesome. Anyone can get up to a flabby 225 obviously. I dont want to have a gut at 225. Thats why I am taking my time getting up to that weight. Well see what happens. Thanks for the support.

Just don't get stuck on putting on weight just for the sake of it...it is real easy to do (i know )

Good leg strength as well considering you only take short rest periods.....Squats normally take me 20 mins just for them

Keep up the good work MS.

Peace

DD
    Thanks for the comments about my leg session. Yeah my workouts are always extremely brief. I dont even know why. I rest just about as long as I feel like I need to then jump into the next exercise real fast. I just dont like standing around at the gym talking and carrying on, etc. It always gets on my nerves when people do that. Oh well.

• GENERAL COMMENTS
      Feel pretty good today I think. I dont work or have school or go to the gym so its all good. Damn I am not working out again for a while. Lets see I am scheduled to do my pull session on Thursday morning. Jeez thats another 3 days. Thats 5 friggin' rest days! Body must have been f*cked up from my pull session last time, damn. I am scheduled to train chest again most likely again on Saturday. And well see about legs I am not sure yet. Theyre honestly not as sore as my upper body was. Strange.
    • PAIN/SORENESS
      Chest is still aching, pretty damn badly. Legs are still hurting too, ow. Glutes and thighs are both hurting. Triceps have some mild DOMS but nothing too extreme. My DOMS has been lasting a while for each musclegroup, jeez.
    • DIET/SUPPLEMENTS
      Meal 1: Meso-tech MRP + 2% milk + ice-cream, multi-vitamin/mineral, 1g vitamin C, 400 IU vitamin E, 2 Xenadrine RFA-1
      Meal 2: 1 Wendy's small frosty, 1 Wendy's cheeseburger, 1g vitamin C, 400 IU vitamin E
      Meal 3: 1 Fast break bar
      Meal 4: 2 Taco Bell supreme beef gorditas, multi-vitamin/mineral, 1g vitamin C, 400 IU vitamin E, 2 Xenadrine RFA-1
      Meal 5: whole milk, crispy m&ms candy
      Meal 6: skim milk

Estimated Calories: ~3000
    • TRAINING---REST
      N/A.
    • TRAINING LENGTH
      N/A.
    • SLEEP
      8 hours
    • WEIGHT
      208.5 lbs. (home)
    • MISCELLANEOUS
      Glad that today is a rest day my chest and all that is friggin' killing me oh my God. Aching pretty damn badly. Sleep last night was good I think. Got 8 hours of sleep which is definitely a good thing if you ask me. Weight this morning on the scale was pretty good too. Getting closer to 210 lbs. where hopefully Ill hover for a little bit. Well see what happens.
    Last edited by MonStar; 12-15-2002 at 12:29 AM.

I'm not due back in the gym until Friday and Saturday. Just happened to hit hard with the power days. That's ok, I'll just eat everything in sight.

Originally posted by MonStar
    Unfortunately I wont be doing another 'Pull' session until next Thursday. I was sore from Thursday-Saturday so thats (3) days, and (3)*(3)=9. So then I end up training Pull on Thursday.
    According to my equation, I'd say you should pull on Wedensday at 8:53 p.m.

I'm not due back in the gym until Friday and Saturday. Just happened to hit hard with the power days. That's ok, I'll just eat everything in sight.
    Yeah I do really think that this system focuses on optimal recovery which is obviously important. If youre body in all honestly is not ready to get back into the gym then there is no reason that you should force it to. At least I dont think. Just my $.02. I am hoping for some excellent results when I get back into the gym on Thursday.