Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MonStar's Journal: A New Beginning

Hybrid View

MonStar's Journal: A New Beginning

MonStar's Journal: A New Beginning

Not sure what the heck happened to my first journal. To make a long story short---this is the new journal.

Not going to go into all of the details that I did with the last one. The bottom line is that I am merely starting all over again with my training and everything else. I am just trying to do what I enjoy doing and not get into the details too much. Stick to heavy weights, and just lift, eat, rest, and grow!

Going to follow a rather basic bodypart manipulation:

- Pull
    - Push
    - Legs

I will be pretty much taking rest days whenever I need them, and Ill be doing whatever exercises I feel like doing. Not going to have much structure because as I slowly get to know myself better I am very apt to tweak things on a pretty regular basis. This way Ill be able to try whatever exercise I feel, etc.

Guys---please support me as much as ever, I need it! Sorry for the delay of this journal I am sure many of you are wondering what the hell is going on. Wish me luck.
    Last edited by MonStar; 12-15-2002 at 12:24 AM.

• GENERAL COMMENTS
      Feel okay today I think, I dont know. Thinking a lot about my life and what I want to do with it and everything like that. Trying hard to just simply stay HAPPY. Not getting stressed out, not doing anything that I dont want to do, etc. I am the only one thats in control of my life---no one else. I need to just get my life in order and keep it that way. Thats the bottom line. Especially with school. I feel like once school slips, I start to let other things in my life slip. Which isnt a good idea at all. I work today from 2-7 which isnt going to be bad at all, because I enjoy work.
    • PAIN/SORENESS
      Not sore today at all. If anything, I feel good. Body feels good. Not going to worry much about feeling fat because thats just depressing. Just going to focus on building my body. Not building my body and worrying about minor fat-gain. I am not going to be a blimp of course but I am not on 'roids so I cant expect 100% fat-free muscle gain.
    • DIET/SUPPLEMENTS
      Preworkout: orange juice, multi-vitamin/mineral, 1g vitamin C, 400 IU vitamin E, 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx
      During Workout: 20 oz. Gatorade + 5g creatine + 5g glutamine + 1/2 tsp. salt
      Postworkout: 1/2 serving Cell-Tech, 500 mg. ALA, 1 serving whey protein
      Meal 4: energy bar, lemonade sprizter, 1g vitamin C, 400 IU vitamin E
      Meal 5: cheese + crackers
      Meal 6: soy protein bar, multi-vitamin/mineral, 1g vitamin C, 400 IU vitamin E, 2 Xenadrine RFA-1
      Meal 7: coconut macaroon, lemonade spritzer
      Meal 8: 2 choclate-chip waffles, 2% milk + ovaltine
      Meal 9: macaroni & cheese, lemonade
      Meal 10: 1 McDonald's fruit & yogurt parfait, 1 McDonald's apple pie

Estimated Calories: ~3500
    • TRAINING---PULL
      Wide-grip Overhand Behind-neck Chins:
      BWx9!+2 (negatives), BWx5.5
      Some damn hard sets of BTN chins today. GOOD sets though, I was really impressed with my strength on the first set to be honest. Managed to chin 9 reps BTN which is a new PB for me. Then afterwards I did the positive portion of two reps and did a nice slow negative. Really feeling the movement in my lats. Contracted my lats extremely hard. Right under my armpits. Dropped down to my BW for 5.5 reps. Lats were shot. Really contracted my lats hard with the both of these sets. I was happy. Going to obviously keep my BW for next week, see what happens.

Bentover Overhand Barbell Rows:
      225x6!, 205x8
      Some damn good sets of bentover BB rows. I can honestly admit to never doing these before. I used to do tons of Yates style rows with an underhand grip on a cambered-bar. But when it comes to overhand BB rows to the waist, I have never done them. Really like them. Contracted my lats hard. Started off with 225x6. Good set here, obviously a PB since I have never done them before. Going to most likely shoot for 230x6 next back day. See how I handle that. I hope to get up near 300 lbs. maybe in the next 3-4 months. I dont know, well see what happens. Dropped down to 205x8 which was a good set also. Contracted my lats hard here. Damn good set. Probably going to shoot for 210 next back day.

Seated V-bar Cable Rows:
      230x5.5!, 200x7.5
      Two damn hard sets of v-bar cable rows today. Crushed my midback and lats. I have always liked these things, ever since I can remember. Still really enjoy them. Arch my back and just pull the v-bar straight to my lower-abdomen. Good sets. Started off with 230x5.5 which was a new PB for me. Lots o' new PBs today. Hard sets. Dropped down to 200x7.5, which was also good. At this point my lats were just destroyed. Damn good pump in my lats though.

Crossbench Dumbbell Pullovers:
      75x6!
      Wow, another PB! I dont even know why I tried for a 75 lbs. DB on these. Well last time I did them I used a 60x12 and that wasnt too bad so I just jumped up a bit. I hope to get up to a 100 lbs. DB for these in the future. Feel them a lot in my serratus, lats, and sternum. Great exercise though. Hit my lats hard and a really good finishing movement I think. I was impressed. Going to shoot for an 80 lbs. DB next week.

Dumbbell Shrugs:
      100x8, 100x7
      Good sets of shrugs today I think, I dont know. Nothing thrilling here. Hit my traps hard with some good contractions in that area. Traps seemed to already be hit hard from the rows and all that but this was basically just a way to make sure they were fried. Good sets here. Nice stretch in my traps at the bottom of each rep which was good.

Seated Bentover Dumbbell Laterals:
      30x9, 25x10
      Good sets of bentover laterals today. Basically did these for my rear delts and my mid-trap area. Seemed to hit both well. Going to stick with 25s for both sets. 30s were a little bit too heavy unfortunately. Good sets though. I cant decide if these are worth it to do or not. Because I know that my rear delts and middle-traps get hit with bentover rows, etc.

Incline Alternating Dumbbell Curls:
      35x8, 35x7
      Good hard sets of incline curls today for my biceps. Really destroyed my arms completely. Not that this means anything, but this is just about the only exercise that produces noticeable DOMS in my biceps. I dont know why but BB curls dont make my arms sore at all. Anyways I really like these, theyre probably the exercise that I find best for my biceps. Going to hang onto this one! Got 8 and 7 reps with each set. Good sets. Biceps were beat.

One-arm Dumbbell Zottman Preacher Curls:
      25x8/8
      Wow, awesome exercise!! I have never done these before and who the hell knows why I decided to give them a shot. Just something to hit my brachialis more or less and decided to go with them. I read about them years ago and thought eh' what the hell! Those of you who are confused about this exercise its simply a one-arm DB preacher curl, with the negative portion of each rep with your hand facing the floor. So you curl the DB up palms to the ceiling, then twist your wrist at the top, and lower the DB with your palms facing the floor. Good exercise if you ask me. Got 8 reps with each arm. Nice SLOW set which was damn hard on my arms.

Standing Rope Hammer Cable Curls:
      150x8!
      LOL! I got some stares from this exercise. I didnt expect to be able to go this heavy, damn. I have done rope curls around 2-3 years ago and I always liked them, so I gave them a shot today. Started off with 100 lbs. and it felt pretty light so I went heavier. Jumped to 150 lbs. and the stack is only 200 lbs. Everyone that was in the gym thought it was some kinda freak show. LOL. Form was honestly flawless though. Elbows tight against my sides, nice full ROM, etc. Slow set too. Brachialis and brachioradialis and forearms were so godd*mn pumped afterwards it was insane. Great exercise here.
    • TRAINING LENGTH
      35 minutes
    • SLEEP
      9 hours
    • WEIGHT
      207 lbs. (home)---215 lbs. (gym)
    • MISCELLANEOUS
      Workout this morning was good I think. I dont know. 35 minutes long which wasnt too bad. Gym was a bit packed. Slept well last night. Got 9 hours of sleep which I needed!! I was happy about this, damn. Really happy about this. Weight this morning at home was 207 and at the gym it was 215 lbs. Good weight. Still hoping to add some size and development to my physique.
    Last edited by MonStar; 12-15-2002 at 12:25 AM.

Note to all. This doesn't count as another journal, since the old one went bye bye.

Your diet still scares me, but nice workout.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Originally posted by Belial
    Note to all. This doesn't count as another journal, since the old one went bye bye.

Your diet still scares me, but nice workout.
    Hey thanks a lot B---thanks for chiming in man. Havnt heard from you in a while. Obviously your strength is continuing to increase which is awesome, good work on the deadlifts lately. Thanks for the comments about my back workout, was pretty good. Bentover rows are great, I am going to definitely start doing them on a regular basis. Maybe Ill get near 295x6, BCC's strength, or 315x.. whatever you do. Jeez.

Good luck with it.

Thinking a lot about my life and what I want to do with it and everything like that. Trying hard to just simply stay HAPPY. Not getting stressed out, not doing anything that I dont want to do, etc. I am the only one thats in control of my life---no one else. I need to just get my life in order and keep it that way.
    I know exactly how you feel. Its tough sometimes but it all works out. Keep pumping the iron. With desire and some patience all good things come.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Originally posted by HomeYield
    Good luck with it.

I know exactly how you feel. Its tough sometimes but it all works out. Keep pumping the iron. With desire and some patience all good things come.
    Thanks a lot for the support HY, means a lot man, seriously. I appreciate that. Exactly man, Ill definitely keep pumping iron. I am going to try and forget about exact rep schemes, exact training splits, etc. I am going to make sure that I get adequate rest, adequate calories, etc. Just focus on growth. Try not to get into all the specific details because that takes the fun out of going to the gym if you ask me.

Exactly man, dedication + consistency = results.
    Last edited by MonStar; 11-14-2002 at 10:45 PM.

• GENERAL COMMENTS
      Feel pretty good today I think, I dont know. Today I have economics which I do NOT feel like going to at all, jeez. I am completely dreading that friggin' class. This morning I am going to wash my car pretty quickly. Just get some of the dirt and grime off of it. Looks like crap after a few days of rain. Oh well, thats what I get for having a white car I guess, cant complain. Looks DAMN good when its finally clean too which is good. Anyway I am really really really dreading going to economics!!
    • PAIN/SORENESS
      Ow, friggin' sore as hell today!! Back hasnt been this sore in a long, long, long, time. I am damn excited about this. Lats are sore from under my armpits all the way down to my waist. GREAT feeling. Midback is damn sore too, and so are my traps. Middle and upper traps are stiff as f*ck.
    • DIET/SUPPLEMENTS
      Meal 1: frosted mini-wheats cereal + skim milk, multi-vitamin/mineral, 1g vitamin C, 400 IU vitamin E, 2 Xenadrine RFA-1
      Meal 2: 2 Taco Bell supreme beef gorditas, 1g vitamin C, 400 IU vitamin E
      Meal 3: 1 kit-kat bar, 1 bag crispy m&ms
      Meal 4: 1 protein bar
      Meal 5: fat-free pringles, multi-vitamin/mineral, 1g vitamin C, 400 IU vitamin E, 2 Xenadrine RFA-1
      Meal 6: 2% milk, 2 choclate-chip waffles
      Meal 7: macaroni & cheese, 2% milk + ovaltine

Estimated Calories: ~3400
    • TRAINING---REST
      N/A.
    • TRAINING LENGTH
      N/A.
    • SLEEP
      3+4 hours
    • WEIGHT
      207.5 lbs. (home)
    • MISCELLANEOUS
      Damn good thing that its a rest day today, I am aching. Good feeling though I am happy that I am this sore. If DOMS was an indication of growth my lats would be friggin' blowing up. Anyway sleep was okay. Broken up unfortunately but oh well. Weight this morning was pretty good too I think I dont know. Need to keep shooting for a little bit at a time. Well see what happens.
    Last edited by MonStar; 12-15-2002 at 12:25 AM.

I might suggest you adding some more protein to your diet. My diet was very similar to yours for awhile and when I started eating more protein (getting some shakes too). I noticed a big difference. I was a probably 20 pounds lighter than you now so it might have just been more calories but it really helped. I got bigger and got quite a bit stronger.

I had kind of thought my progress had plateaued but adding that protein caused quite a surge. Do you normally get more protein than that?
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Energizer Bunnie
    Originally posted by MonStar
    Everyone that was in the gym thought it was some kinda freak show. LOL. Form was honestly flawless though. Elbows tight against my sides, nice full ROM, etc. Slow set too. Brachialis and brachioradialis and forearms were so godd*mn pumped afterwards it was insane. Great exercise here.
    Congrats on your PB's MonStar.

I wish there was some excitement at my gym like that..... I've yet to come across an impressive physique & strength like you guys have on this forum

Now that I've put it out there.....perhaps the universe will provide
    "Happiness is not an accident. Nor is it something you wish for. Happiness is something you design." Jim Rohn

A Work In Progress....II

DailyDiet

Monstar, nice back work!! Do you do your bent over rows over or underhand?? I've tried these before but as I fatiuge I cheat a lot and end up really working my rear delts more than anything. How far over do you bend on these?

Originally posted by HomeYield
    I might suggest you adding some more protein to your diet. My diet was very similar to yours for awhile and when I started eating more protein (getting some shakes too). I noticed a big difference. I was a probably 20 pounds lighter than you now so it might have just been more calories but it really helped. I got bigger and got quite a bit stronger.

I had kind of thought my progress had plateaued but adding that protein caused quite a surge. Do you normally get more protein than that?
    Yeah I really should be focusing on my protein intake. For some reason for me lately its been very hard for me to get a lot of protein in my diet. I dont know why. I mean for convenience reasons between school and work etc. I manage to stop at fast food places. And theyre food is so damn LOW in protein its ridiculous. Like 20g per cheeseburger, etc. Youre right HY, thanks for pointing this out to me. Protein is obviously essential for muscle growth.

Originally posted by Franjipani
    Congrats on your PB's MonStar.
    Hey thanks a lot Fran. Appreciate it.

I wish there was some excitement at my gym like that..... I've yet to come across an impressive physique & strength like you guys have on this forum

Now that I've put it out there.....perhaps the universe will provide
    Haha I know what you mean. There arent many really strong or big guys at my gym either. I dont know why. Theres this one guy whos very very strong but its obvious that hes on 'roids. So I dont give the guy much credit. But other than him there really isnt anyone else. I wish that I worked out with a ton of real big guys that would be great inspiration I think.

Originally posted by eclips1
    Monstar, nice back work!! Do you do your bent over rows over or underhand?? I've tried these before but as I fatiuge I cheat a lot and end up really working my rear delts more than anything. How far over do you bend on these?
    LOL---not trying to flame you at all clips trust me but lemme take a quote from my journal entry.

Bentover Overhand Barbell Rows:
    Overhand BB rows man. I do them at about a 70 degree angle to the floor I think. In between standing completely upright and being bentover at a 90 degree angle. They really really hit my back hard, ow. My back hasnt been this friggin' sore in a LONG, long, time. I might throw in some sets of supported rows too. But I havnt done BB rows in so long I need to work my strength up on them.

bone crusher
    well monstar dedication + consistancy = results

but you seem to lack the latter (consistancy)

my advice would be to pick one main exercise/ body part and gauge your progress via that lift

feel free to explore all the secondary lifts you want

Originally posted by the doc
    well monstar dedication + consistancy = results

but you seem to lack the latter (consistancy)
    Thats absolutely right. And I hope to fix that problem in this journal doc. I want to be dedicated and stay 100% consistent. Well see what happens I guess. I have been getting okay results without the consistency so I hoping that once I am very consistent Ill get even better results. Well see what happens I guess. Thanks for being honest.

my advice would be to pick one main exercise/ body part and gauge your progress via that lift

feel free to explore all the secondary lifts you want
    Completely agreed. The only thing is that with back for example I am so used to starting my back workout off with chins it would be hard not to. And chins arent that great of guage only because your BW flucuates, etc. Thats why I am thinking about moving bentover rows to my first exercise. But I am thinking I would have no chinning strength left after two sets of them. What do you think doc?

• GENERAL COMMENTS
      Feel pretty good today I think, I dont know. Today I have chest, delts, and triceps at the gym. And then after that I have computer class, and then immediately after that I have to go run to work from around 12-7. So its all good. Busy today but oh well. Well see what happens. Been feeling a little bit better lately which is good. Really trying to not let myself get in another slump like I have gotten into before. Thats really not good for me at all. I miss my girlfriend so much, I feel like I havnt seen her in a long time. In reality its only been a few hours.
    • PAIN/SORENESS
      Damn I am still aching today!! Ouch! Lats are friggin' killing me from my under my armpits all the way down to my waist. Traps are also friggin' killing me. Sternum aching from the DB pullovers is definitely very obvious as well.
    • DIET/SUPPLEMENTS
      Preworkout: 1/2 banana, 1 apple, multi-vitamin/mineral, 1g vitamin C, 400 IU vitamin E, 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx
      During Workout: 20 oz. Gatorade + 5g creatine + 5g glutamine + 1/2 tsp. salt
      Postworkout: 1/2 serving Cell-Tech, 500 mg. ALA, 1 serving whey protein
      Meal 4: whole milk, choclate-chip cookies, 1g vitamin C, 400 IU vitamin E
      Meal 5: soy protein bar
      Meal 6: cheese + crackers
      Meal 7: soda, macaroni & cheese
      Meal 8: soy protein bar, multi-vitamin/mineral, 1g vitamin C, 400 IU vitamin E, 2 Xenadrine RFA-1
      Meal 9: 1 quart chicken fried rice, powerade
      Meal 10: choclate eclair, low-fat yogurt

Estimated Calories: ~5000
    • TRAINING---PUSH
      Incline Barbell Presses:
      225x3!+2 (assisted), 185x9+1 (assisted)
      Some really really good sets of incline BB presses today. Havnt done these in approximately 1.5 years I would say. Maybe a little more I have no idea. Good strength here though. The highest I ever got up to before was 185x4 I believe. I did some warmups today but didnt include them so theres no confusion. Used 135 and 185 for warmups. Jumped up to 225 lbs. Managed to get a triple with 225 on my own which was honestly really good for me. Spotter helped me get 2 more. He said he just used fingertip assistance which was definitely a good thing. Dropped down to 185 for 9, and then one assisted. Good sets here. Really like inclines. I figured since it was chest and delt day this wouldnt be a problem at all. Prefer these over flat BB presses any day.

Flat Dumbbell Presses:
      100x4.5, 90x6.5
      Good sets of flat DB presses today. Chest was pumped after these 2 sets. The only thing that kind of bothered me was that I cannot seem to get more than 4.5 reps with the 100s. I am going to have to try harder next week and see how I do with them. Dropped to 90s for 6.5 reps. Nice strength here. Chest was shot. Good pump in my pecs and nice hard contractions with each rep.

Flat Dumbbell Flyes:
      60x7, 60x6
      Some good sets of flyes today I think. Really focused hard on my chest contractions. Both sets I used the 60s which is good I guess I dont know. Dont want to cause any kind of problems in my rotator cuffs do I am not going go extremely heavy on these like I used to. Anyways, both hard sets. Chest was friggin' pumped like crazy after these 2 sets. Going to most likely keep the 60s for next week, well see what happens.

Standing Cable Crossovers:
      80x8!
      Awesome set of cable crossovers today. I really like these even though theyre far from a compound exercise. I always get an amazing pump in my pecs and some a nice deep burn in my muscles to finish them off. Got 8 reps with 80 lbs. on each side. Good strength here. Going to keep 80 lbs. for a while. Honestly feels quite heavy considering its cable crossovers, and its a b*tch exercise---for 'carving striations in your pecs.' LOL. Good set.

One-arm Dumbbell Side-laterals:
      55x7/7
      Nice set of DB laterals today. Really focused hard on my side-delts which was good. Got 7 reps with each arm. Nice form here, really good delt contractions. Going to most likely keep this same weight next week.

One-arm Cable Side-laterals:
      40x8/8
      Good set of cable side-laterals today. Got 8 reps on each side which was good. Little bit too much trap involvement for some reason, I dont know why. Oh well. Still both good sets. Delts looked damn good in the mirror after this set. Going to keep this weight next week and see what happens.

Seated Machine Side-laterals:
      140x8
      Havnt used this machine in a WHILE. Its the classic Nautilus lateral machine. I really like it. Got some damn good delt contractions with this thing. First I used 100 lbs. and it felt a bit too easy so I upped it to 140 lbs. and got 8 reps. Good set, I really like these. Delts were aching after these. My delts were finished.

Lying Cambered-bar Extensions (to neck):
      185x4!, 135x6
      Nice strength here on skullcrushers!! Even though theyre to my neck this was still damn good. Used a cambered-bar today to take some of the pressure off of my wrist. Nice strength here I think. Hit failure with 4 reps no doubt about it. Cant decide if I want to keep these in my routine or not though. I am thinking that I might feel another exercise a bit more. Oh well. Dropped down to 135 for 6 reps. Nice strength on the both of these sets. Really f*cked up my triceps.

Seated One-arm Dumbbell Extensions:
      35x7/7
      A damn good set of french curls today. Haha everyone seems to call these something different. Used a 35 lbs. DB for 7 reps on each side. Nice strength here. Triceps were friggin' pumped and exausted after this set. 7th rep on each side was failure. Ouch.

Overhead Rope Cable Extensions:
      140x5.5!
      GREAT finisher for my triceps today---damn! These are a bit hard to explain but Ill do my best. I am simply using the rope attachment on the high cable pulley. I am grabbing the rope attachment, and turning around so to speak. So my a*s is facing the weight stack. Then I just lean over, and do overhead extensions this way. A bit hard to explain. Used 140 lbs. for 5.5 reps. Maybe Ill decrease the weight a bit next week, well see what happens. Good set here though. Damn. Triceps were on fire, and pumped the f*ck up.
    • TRAINING LENGTH
      30 minutes
    • SLEEP
      7 hours
    • WEIGHT
      207 lbs. (home)---216 lbs. (gym)
    • MISCELLANEOUS
      Good workout this morning, tried to rush it a bit. Slept pretty well last night I guess I dont know, nothing too great. Didnt wake up at all which is a good thing I guess. Weight this morning at home was 207 lbs. which is fairly decent I think. Again, nothing spectacular of course. At the gym this morning I weighed 216 lbs.!! I cant believe how friggin' heavy I am getting. I dont feel too fat either which is damn good sign. I would love to hit 225 lbs. by January 1st. Damn that would be insane.
    Last edited by MonStar; 12-15-2002 at 12:26 AM.

the only thing i see wrong with your diet is that you went to McDonald's and not burger king, and good choice on the taco bell, keep it up!!
    Don't just call me pessimist. Try and read between the lines. I can't imagine why you wouldn't Welcome any change, my friend. I wanna see it all come down. suck it down. flush it down.

Genetic Experiment GeneticallyGifted's Avatar
    Stockholm, Sweden...Mainly, New York,New York, Los Angeles,CA., Civitinova Marche, Italy
    What is up with this diet? I've been checking it out and like Belial the sh!t simply scares me. Whoa ...more power to ya.

GG
    STATS COMING SOON:Age: 29 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 78KG/ 172LBS| bf: |Years Training:?? | All-natural: Yes|

Chest: | Shoulders: | Upper Arm: | Forearm: |
    Waist: |Neck:| Upper Thigh: | Calf: |

Personal Bests: COMING SOON:
    Flat Barbell Presses: | Dips: |Wide-grip Palms Away: |
    Military Barbell Press: |Barbell Squats: |

Originally posted by The Calvinator
    the only thing i see wrong with your diet is that you went to McDonald's and not burger king, and good choice on the taco bell, keep it up!!
    LOL---damn straight C. Taco Bell gorditas are friggin' awesome arent they? Great stuff. Yeah McDonald's I really dont care for that much. Wendy's and Taco Bell, and maybe Burger King are my favorite places to go. Always healthy too haha. Frosty's are also friggin' great. Damn fast food is terrible for you, but great tasting if you ask me.
    Last edited by MonStar; 11-15-2002 at 09:27 AM.

Originally posted by GeneticallyGifted
    What is up with this diet? I've been checking it out and like Belial the sh!t simply scares me. Whoa ...more power to ya.

GG
    I am basically eating whatever I want trying to add some size. Focusing on my total # of calories rather than the exact foods that I am consuming. Has its ups and downs I guess. Obviously the amount of saturated fat that I am taking in is way too high, but oh well. I am trying to live a little rather than be all anal about my diet. I cannot be dealing with that right now.

Thanks for checking out my journal GG.

Monstar, looks like you're doing great!! Keep up the hard work, I can't wait till I get to 210 pounds, just like you... maybe I should call you me HERO?? lol

Workhorse
    Check out my Training Journal HERE

105kg Open IPF Classic Provincial record holder in the squat, bench, deadlift, and total.

Originally posted by Workhorse
    Monstar, looks like you're doing great!! Keep up the hard work, I can't wait till I get to 210 pounds, just like you... maybe I should call you me HERO?? lol

Workhorse
    Hey thanks a lot WH, really appreciate the kind words man, seriously. Your bf% is a lot lower than mine so I doubt I am any bigger than you. I mean if I am its just because my bf% is a bit higher---no big deal. Youll be at 210 lbs. in no time man. I am shooting for 225 lbs. maybe close to January 1, 2003. Good luck getting to 210 lbs., youll be there soon enough.

bone crusher
    monstar i think moving rows to primary exercise would be a good idea. I am actually doing the same... (use bw chins as only a warmup for the lats since they have a god range of motion)

word mike,

good to see your seeking a new direction and i respect you for it. The bench pressing you did both bb and db was quality man, keep up the good work and im with you all the way.

I hear you on the link between school and motivation, i was exactly the same, when i was doing well in class i was invincible, but poor work= **** workouts etc...

As for your diet, well it may not be a perfect example of nutrition but it will serve its purpose. ive started to take this look upon my diet, some saturated fats aint gonna kill you, i mean we are training this will help us big time, i just pitty the sedentry.

oh ye cheers 4 posting in my journal man much appreciated
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

Your diet is a fat slobs dream.
    Just don't start complaing afterwards that you look like a fat pig.

Good luck.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo