Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Side-Chest shot at 192 lbs.

Side-Chest shot at 192 lbs.

OK, my first ever picture in a posing suit

Comments good and bad welcomed. Sorry for the poor lighting.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    peace-

Craig

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    where's the picture???? hahaha I just had to do that

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    Nice pic =) Lookin big!
    Quite the color for a posing suit =)
    w00t

Looks great.

A suggestion.

Arch your back more, stick out your chest.

Draw your right shoudler back just a tad, that combined with the above will make your upper torso appear thicker. Give it a try and repost a pic, I would like to see a comparison.

Banned
    another thought... maybe you could also try the side chest pose with arms up and out a bit more? you have good arms/delts and you could use them to a bit better advantage in that pose, I think

Smiling wouldn't hurt, either.

Ya definitely look bigger, mate.

nice pic man, would be interested in what chris said as well.

like the color of the suit, will look cool when u are all tanned up
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

you look good, specially for an old guy !

I totally love the suit colour you picked!!
    BennetBoy you look awesome right now and I can't wait to see what you'll look like on stage all tanned and oiled up!

Lookin' huge Craig! I'd like to see another pic with Chris' suggestions as well.

Originally posted by chris mason
    Looks great.

A suggestion.

Arch your back more, stick out your chest.

Draw your right shoudler back just a tad, that combined with the above will make your upper torso appear thicker. Give it a try and repost a pic, I would like to see a comparison.
    Thanks chris. Posing is not a strength right now for sure. In fact I just starting trying to learn about it with a video I ordered.

I will retake another picture tonight trying your suggestions and post it in this thread tomorrow.
    peace-

Craig

Originally posted by Reinier
    you look good, specially for an old guy !
    STFU :evillaugh

No really thanks Reinier.
    peace-

Craig

Originally posted by Savannah
    I totally love the suit colour you picked!!
    BennetBoy you look awesome right now and I can't wait to see what you'll look like on stage all tanned and oiled up!
    Are you serious.....you like that color? I ordered this last year when I thought I would compete, but chickened out. I was honestly going to order a black one. I'm conservative and too bashful to be very flambouyant.
    peace-

Craig

Thanks ericg and Callahan. I'll give it another whirl tonight to see if it looks any better. If not tonight, I'll do it Wednesday when I have an off day from lifting.
    peace-

Craig

You look off the hook man...considering you are like a ways away from even starting a pre-contest diet, and try chris' suggestion about the pose...it'll bring out the striations in your pecs and bring in a bit more trap
    May you be in heaven an hour before the devil knows you're dead.

Originally posted by BennettBoy

Are you serious.....you like that color? I ordered this last year when I thought I would compete, but chickened out. I was honestly going to order a black one. I'm conservative and too bashful to be very flambouyant.
    ya man, the color will go well with a tan, just like Savbabes said.

good luck with the posing
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Genetic Experiment GeneticallyGifted's Avatar
    Stockholm, Sweden...Mainly, New York,New York, Los Angeles,CA., Civitinova Marche, Italy

Thoughts...

Ok here we go:

1. Tilt your left shoulder forward or more towards the camera or crowd, and drop right shoulder back some.

2. Flex your lats, hike up your chest and slam your left arm against your lats. Your arm will appear bigger and fuller.

3. Your left arm is alittle low, slow raise up enough so that you can slam your left bicep against you left pec to give a fuller chest.

4. Make sure that you apply pressure against you show forearm, and your forearm fight against the pressure to create more definition and vascularity in your arm.

That is all I can give on the that pic. I would like to see what your legs look like on the shot as well. Those are very important.

Another thing that suit is just fine, that is the color that I had for my show.

GG
    STATS COMING SOON:Age: 29 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 78KG/ 172LBS| bf: |Years Training:?? | All-natural: Yes|

Chest: | Shoulders: | Upper Arm: | Forearm: |
    Waist: |Neck:| Upper Thigh: | Calf: |

Personal Bests: COMING SOON:
    Flat Barbell Presses: | Dips: |Wide-grip Palms Away: |
    Military Barbell Press: |Barbell Squats: |

Of course I'm serious. Everyone wears black and you should feel special. Not just anyone could pull off that colour. You look great in it. Although one thought I just had was you'll have to be really careful when putting on your tanning dye not to get it on the suit.

looking ace man

your going to place well at your comp if you get the cut right
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

Lookin great, man. Definitely take another one with those minor tweaks to the shot. Arms and chest... very full.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Re: Thoughts...

Originally posted by GeneticallyGifted
    Ok here we go:

1. Tilt your left shoulder forward or more towards the camera or crowd, and drop right shoulder back some.

2. Flex your lats, hike up your chest and slam your left arm against your lats. Your arm will appear bigger and fuller.

3. Your left arm is alittle low, slow raise up enough so that you can slam your left bicep against you left pec to give a fuller chest.

4. Make sure that you apply pressure against you show forearm, and your forearm fight against the pressure to create more definition and vascularity in your arm.

That is all I can give on the that pic. I would like to see what your legs look like on the shot as well. Those are very important.

Another thing that suit is just fine, that is the color that I had for my show.

GG
    Thanks GG. I'm going to try to hit it right tonight for comparison purposes. Very good description. ARGH! I will never get all this stuff right.
    peace-

Craig

I wish I could lexically represent the sound that came out of my mouth when I saw that picture. Picture the episode of the simpsons where marge is a real estate agent and flanders sees the purple cutains and shrieks. Now, mix in a generous helping fear and loathe.

You look great, but I wouldn't post pictures of myself in panties on the internet...

Craig, you're lookin' stacked!! Keep it up!!

Workhorse
    Check out my Training Journal HERE

105kg Open IPF Classic Provincial record holder in the squat, bench, deadlift, and total.

Re: Re: Thoughts...

Thanks GG. I'm going to try to hit it right tonight for comparison purposes. Very good description. ARGH! I will never get all this stuff right.

Which is why I tried to make it simple .

Banned

Re: Re: Re: Thoughts...

Originally posted by chris mason

Which is why I tried to make it simple .
    Well, s'prolly a moot point. Either instruction set would improve things. I think ol' BB just needs to spent some quality time in front of a mirror, practicing.

Body awareness is a learned art, no?

Your arms....... they're so large.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo