The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wannabebig Member

makign arms grow

im obsesses about my arms, and want them to grow to 17" to 20" they r at 15" now. my training and diet is legit, but i was wondering if there is anythign else. such as, does sleeping on your arms cut of circulation and cause less growth?..etc any suggestiosn would help

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Slow down fella, the only way your gonna get arms that size is if you increase your entire body-weight, through a solid lifting and more importantly eating regieme.

What are your current stats/lifting experience etc...?

I would advise that you run some searches on training and diet and build up a good knowledge. As for sleeping on your arms, that is just a myth man.
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

Genetic Experiment GeneticallyGifted's Avatar
    Stockholm, Sweden...Mainly, New York,New York, Los Angeles,CA., Civitinova Marche, Italy
    Originally posted by Big-Ron
    Slow down fella, the only way your gonna get arms that size is if you increase your entire body-weight, through a solid lifting and more importantly eating regieme.

What are your current stats/lifting experience etc...?

I would advise that you run some searches on training and diet and build up a good knowledge. As for sleeping on your arms, that is just a myth man.
    The man know his sh*t!!!

You best be listening up!!!

GG
    STATS COMING SOON:Age: 29 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 78KG/ 172LBS| bf: |Years Training:?? | All-natural: Yes|

Chest: | Shoulders: | Upper Arm: | Forearm: |
    Waist: |Neck:| Upper Thigh: | Calf: |

Personal Bests: COMING SOON:
    Flat Barbell Presses: | Dips: |Wide-grip Palms Away: |
    Military Barbell Press: |Barbell Squats: |

Grasshoppa
    Hehe...sleeping on your arms. That's a new one.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Wannabebig Member
    i think i have bad circlations there..i have these red vericose veins on them too. just looking for a solution to the problem of small arms.

i am 5'11" and 240lb (broken scale off 5 or 10lb)
    15" cold arms
    Q: at what do you determine that you should stop bulking-up and eating bigger meals for mass, and start cutting?
    A: once i ran out of dumbells and all the olympic bars were all bent up i was like well might as well start cutting

deadlift: 500
    squat: 455
    bench: 295

Syn, Bodybuilding or arm building in your case is not an overnight thing. It takes time, energy, motivation, determination, diet, rest, and pleanty of training to gain quality muscle growth. Remember not even the Universe was built in one day. Took God a week. So with that said, Don't get caught up in the Numbers Gain, Get caught up with training. Be sure to train (not over train) your arms and every bodypart HARD and to failure once a week. (exceptions: calves,abs) Eat a well balanced diet and I'm sure If you put your energy in those areas, your arm size as well as everything else will grow.
    Peace and Out,
    Fire

Wannabebig Member
    its frustratiing i had 16" arms after a yer of trainign then i cut and lost a lot of gains i will never cut again !
    Q: at what do you determine that you should stop bulking-up and eating bigger meals for mass, and start cutting?
    A: once i ran out of dumbells and all the olympic bars were all bent up i was like well might as well start cutting

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    if you're 240 lbs. your arms are bigger than 15". Are you flexing them for the measurement? I was 5 10 160 lbs and my arms were 16. I don't care how unmuscular you are. Your arms are bigger than 15" whether it's fat or muscle.

Wannabebig Member
    16" on flex right now but i really dont count that want 17" cold

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    cold means you haven't worked out before making the measurement. What you have flexed is your upper arm measurement. and it should be bigger than 16" too. If you're 240 lbs. I'm pushing 190 and I'm at 16 even. Unless you've got a huge beer gut, a 3' wang, and a 30 lbs. tumor, there should be no way you're even at 16"

Well ya want your arms bigger, here is a routine.
    straight bar or cambered bar curls 4 x 8-10
    Standing or Seated Alternating DB curls 3 x 8
    Incline D/B bench curls or Preacher curls 3 x 8
    Concentration or one arm cable curls 2 x 10-12

Triceps
    Close Grip Bench press 4 x 8-10
    Skull Crushers 3 x 8-10
    one arm overhead DB ext or
    overhead cambered bar extensions 3 x 8
    tricep kickbacks or one hand reverse kickbacks 2 x 10-12

Now go eat or drink a high protein meal or protein shake.

Fire

Originally posted by Accipiter
    Unless you've got a huge beer gut, a 3' wang, and a 30 lbs. tumor, there should be no way you're even at 16"
    lmao.
    Man, if he do but live within the light of high endeavors, daily spreads abroad his being armed with strength that cannot fail.

--Wordsworth

lol
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

Banned
    Originally posted by firestorm
    Well ya want your arms bigger, here is a routine.
    straight bar or cambered bar curls 4 x 8-10
    Standing or Seated Alternating DB curls 3 x 8
    Incline D/B bench curls or Preacher curls 3 x 8
    Concentration or one arm cable curls 2 x 10-12

Triceps
    Close Grip Bench press 4 x 8-10
    Skull Crushers 3 x 8-10
    one arm overhead DB ext or
    overhead cambered bar extensions 3 x 8
    tricep kickbacks or one hand reverse kickbacks 2 x 10-12

Now go eat or drink a high protein meal or protein shake.

Fire

That routine looks like it's out of Flex or some other mag. There's no way he needs to do even close to that number of sets for his arms to grow. Assuming the sets are to failure, he shouldn't need more than about 8 sets total for arms, give or take a couple of sets.

P.S. Synthetic, never take advice from someone who tells you to do kickbacks to get huge guns .

Re: makign arms grow

Originally posted by synthetic
    im obsesses about my arms, and want them to grow to 17" to 20" they r at 15" now. my training and diet is legit, but i was wondering if there is anythign else. such as, does sleeping on your arms cut of circulation and cause less growth?..etc any suggestiosn would help
    why are you so interested in arms? I mean big arms are nice to have but don't you think you will look silly with 18' arms and no legs, chest, shoulders etc.? I am sure you are working these other parts but I would suggest that you try to concentrate on working all of the major muscle groups with equal focus. Arm size will come in time.
    Man, if he do but live within the light of high endeavors, daily spreads abroad his being armed with strength that cannot fail.

--Wordsworth

Originally posted by Vido

That routine looks like it's out of Flex or some other mag. There's no way he needs to do even close to that number of sets for his arms to grow. Assuming the sets are to failure, he shouldn't need more than about 8 sets total for arms, give or take a couple of sets.
    I agree with Vido! lol. He is right. I think that is way too many sets for arms.

--Wordsworth

Originally posted by orbital

I agree with Vido! lol. He is right. I think that is way too many sets for arms.
    My God, I agree with Vido too.

I'd say do no more than 4-6 sets on tris and bis. Do the tris at the end of your chest workout, and your bis at the end of your back workout. That should be all you need to get your arms going.
    "The only sin which we never forgive in each other is difference of opinion."
    -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Word.

db kickbacks lol
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

You want big arms? Then train to get your entire body big and that comes too. Your arms won't grow without everything else growing too. Train your arms less and do more compound exercises.

Don't forget to squat.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

NOTE: To original Poster, I stated 1st excercise for both Bi/Tri as 4 sets. One of those are a warmup. don't go heavy on that one AND I DON'T COUNT IT AS A WORKING SET.

RESPONSE TO VITO:
    The routine is made up of all basic compound movements with the exception of the last excercise for bis and tris. Those sets are finishing excercises only to fry whatever muscle fibers are left.
    Now you may not agree with this so called "FLEX Mag" workout but I can attest that I saw excellent results from it. In the past year I went from 18 to 19 1/2. So it can't be to damn bad. Since you want to critque my "opinion" in such a krass way, what is your routine and measurements. As the saying goes, put your money where your mouth is.
    I will agree that the last 2 sets of each are not required. This is true. I believe 10 sets are optimal. I just gave him one of my exact routines.

"Check your ego and attitude at the door"

Originally posted by Vido

P.S. Synthetic, never take advice from someone who tells you to do kickbacks to get huge guns .

Banned
    Firestorm, I can assure you that your arms are bigger than mine and I can say that at 19.5 they are probably bigger than the majority of the people on this board. I suppose what we can take out of this is that what works for one person may not work for others. To me, and to the people that agreed with me above, your routine is overtraining. If it works for you though, by all means go ahead and do it.

are you natural with 19.5"er's thats impressive even for some1 on gear
    to sculpt you must first have concrete
    You are only as stong as your weakest joint

Yes Holms I'm totally natural. I only suppliment with Creatine, Glutamine and Designer Protein.
    And I again say, 10 working sets is not over training if your only hitting them once a week.

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    If you are ONLY training arms then ten working sets is not overtraining. If you train chest and back, and arms and lift very little weight, ten working sets is not overtraining. If you train chest, back and arms and are on "gear" then ten working sets may not be overtraining. But if you are training chest one day and back the next and then arms on their own on a third day, (assuming you train like a maddened animal and are natural) then ten working sets is too much for anybody but the most genetically gifted. Chest requires arms and so does back. BTW 19.5 is very genetically gifted so that is probably why you gained. Other people without your genetic gifts would come to disaster on this routine.
    Last edited by Songsangnim; 11-12-2002 at 08:30 AM.

Wannabebig Member
    guys u tell me to do this exercises but im not a newbie to this. ive been deading/squatting and other stuff and my other body parts have grown well. my legs are 27" calf 17" im fine witht that. chest around 44" and i dont know what else to measure. its jsut ive noticed after all my training my arms are out of proportion. they have real nice definition on flex but i dont care about that. btw i am near 21 years old. so it came down to real supplementation now (pops a dinabloat).