Thread: HIIT, can varying inclines be used instead of speed?

HIIT, can varying inclines be used instead of speed?

I have asthma, and if I run for a full minute, Im going to be sick. Inclines are challenging to me but moreso on the legs than the lungs. I was wondering if increasing the incline while keeping speed steady can work the same way. Thanks.
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

bump, just incase someone can answer this
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Wannabebig Member
    Yes, the steeper incline will make you work harder thus raising your heart rate.
    The only problem I've had in the past with running hills is shin splints so watch out for that.

Thanks. Will it still give the affect of "anaerobic cardio" (or whatever you call it lol), where your metabolism is elevated for the next 24 hours, instead of the few minutes that normal cardio gives you?

Wannabebig Member
    No, once your done, your done Unless you were to use weight but i wouldn't recommend it because of the shin splint possibility.