The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Back at it

A depressing finding...

Lately on my local classic rock station they have been playing some tunes that I swear just came out not too long ago. Nirvana, Black Crows, and Guns and Roses.

I feel SOOOOO old! This station has always mainly played Zepplin, Rolling Stones, Beatles, etc... not this stuff.

Also, the local hip hop station has been playing seemingly recent stuff on their 'old school lunch' playlist at noon.

I need to go play the original Final Fantasy from the old school Nintendo to try and feel young again. See you in 6 hours...

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Which one is that? KZOK 102.5?
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Back at it
    Originally posted by stpatrick44
    Which one is that? KZOK 102.5?
    You got it... they don't play Nirvana and Guns and Roses very often but they are starting to integrate them into their playlist. I just got done listening to the Black Crows which resulted in my post.

Luckily they are mainly playing to older good stuff though. Nirvana still belongs on 107.7 (our local alternative/modern rock station).

I like the old 70's stuff too (Led Zepplin, Lynrd Skynrd, etc). Guns n Roses are ace though.

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

All Right! Somebody mentioned Final Fantasy and Guns N Roses in the same post!
    5-9 170

<-- FF rocks
    -Stray-

"When you are not practicing, remember, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win." - Ed Macauley

I work out because I have two daughters.....and one day they'll be teenagers.

Originally posted by Stray
    <-- FF rocks
    Here ya go.

FF2 (Japanese FF4) is my favorite.

Alright! Final Fantasy!!

*head bangs*
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

MMMM Yes, FINAL FANTASY<---

Trying to figure this out JohnCollins's Avatar

Re: A depressing finding...

Originally posted by GIS

I feel SOOOOO old! This station has always mainly played Zepplin, Rolling Stones, Beatles, etc... not this stuff.

Punk! That's the stuff I was buying new when I was a kid!

Get used to it, it ain't gonna get any better.
    "Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe." --Albert Einstein

Had a good workout on my liver yesterday. Did a pretty high number of reps, but not to complete failure. Liver DOMS today is kinda bad...it has even reached my head! -- ElPietro

"If I ever found a chick who smelled like gun powder and spent cartridges, I'd run to a jewelry store, rob it, and propose to her with a sack of diamonds. " --Budiak

"I dance like a drunken white boy. I'm really screwed since I quit drinking." -- PowerManDL

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.

Re: A depressing finding...

Originally posted by GIS
    Lately on my local classic rock station they have been playing some tunes that I swear just came out not too long ago. Nirvana, Black Crows, and Guns and Roses.

Also, the local hip hop station has been playing seemingly recent stuff on their 'old school lunch' playlist at noon.

I need to go play the original Final Fantasy from the old school Nintendo to try and feel young again. See you in 6 hours...
    black crowes were my favorite band with southern harmony.. and shake your money maker. 2 great cd's...well casettes for me. I don't believe that was 10 years ago. Same with Nirvana, I still remember hearing smells like teen spirit for one of the first few times