The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Circuit Training For Definition?

Hey what's up. I'm a bit confused as to obtaining a defined physique. Should I circuit train with lighter weights or just lift as heavy as possible to acheive that ripped look? I guess the closest example would be like a Bowflex commercial...that kind of body. I've been training for a bunch of years and I still have a fat layer obscuring my abs and such, although I'm not a fat **** or anything. I've got some decent muscle, I just want to expose it. I ****ing hate aerobics, and after doing them for too long, my muscles feel all soft and weak. But if I train hard, I gotta eat more or I'm just wasting my effort, but that defeats the purpose of getting lean. What do you think is the correct way to do this? I know I have to do aerobics no matter what, but how about weights? Heavy or not so heavy? I know enough to avoid eating garbage, but I'm still smooth. If I cut carbs too much, it hurts my weight training. What the **** am I supposed to do to get ripped besides juicin' it up?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

ripped = (f) diet

Eat less, move more.

lift to get bigger and stronger.

Diet to get leaner.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Wannabebig Member
    Its hard to impossible to get ripped and still put on muscle, you will have to choose what is more important to you.
    Many people choose to bulk during the winter and get lean and ripped for the summer, that may be an option.

As far as how to do it, Paul said it best.

Wannabebig Member
    Originally posted by Scotty the Body
    Its hard to impossible to get ripped and still put on muscle, you will have to choose what is more important to you.
    Many people choose to bulk during the winter and get lean and ripped for the summer, that may be an option.

As far as how to do it, Paul said it best.
    i agree.
    Age 39, wt 255, ht 5'7''. 23 yrs lifting and supps.

I get the impression from this place that you should always train heavy, and its the diet that dictates whether you get leaner or bigger. Makes sense to me.
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

If I'm taking in less calories, shouldn't I lift lighter? Or is that just a waste of effort? If I lift heavy while dieting, won't I lose more muscle than I'd gain? I thought you had to do some kind of sissy, borderline aerobic type of circuit training to get that lean look. So you're saying I should lift like I'm trying to get big, yet eat like I'm trying to cut up? I've only got like 15-20 lbs to lose and I'll look good. I'm just kind of at a plateu right now. I'm not sure if you've ever heard of this, but I completed the "Power 90" program, which is some infomercial workout routine consisting of aerobics and circuit training, and it worked, but I still got some fat to lose and it won't come off no matter how hard I train or what I eat. Any suggestions besides getting bent?

Wannabebig Member
    I would post your diet in the nutrition section, keep your routine the same and lift as though you were bulking.

All right. I will. Thanks a lot.