The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Is myoplex good for cutting/bulking?

People here on this forum have told me I need to increase my calories, is myoplex a good meal replacement to get in an exact amount of calories for cutting/bulking?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Grasshoppa
    Whole food is better.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

why is whole food better ?

Originally posted by Shao-LiN
    Whole food is better.
    I beg to differ; I prefer a protein shake over a can of tuna. Don't get me wrong I love tuna but...

Now if they only made tuna flavored myoplex..yum yum

When cutting, i wouldn't find an MRP very satieting.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Of course whole food is better but not everyone has time for whole food, whole food cannot be carried to school with you, whole food costs more money if you buy it from the cafeteria and its hard to figure out exactly the amount of calories and protien unless you weight every peice of meat in every meal somehow, i mean really how can you be precise with the calorie counting with whole foods unless you eat the same whole foods every single day (impossible considering i dont buy the food where i live and the cafeteria sometimes runs out of certain foods.)

The chicken daddy satisfiying is only useful to people who get hungry in the first place.

I never get hungry, i just dont, only maybe once in a great while do i get a craving, since i need to force myself to eat more, i need metrex even while cutting because my calories are too low even to properly cut.

Alot of people will say eat more food, but how can you be precise when you eat random foods which sometimes you dont even know whats in it because you didnt cook it.

Sounds like the myoplex is the way for you to go. The main thing is keeping your cals in check, and I think TCD was only implying that it is harder to stick to a diet if you are hungary. If you don't find that to be the case then the myoplex would be fine.

Banned
    MyoPlex is full of maltodextrin. Why would you want that at any time other than after a workout? Whole food (or even a regular protein drink) is much better for cutting.

Grasshoppa
    Well, I cook my food and bring it to school with me for the day. Seems to work, but to each his own. I do eat around the same thing everyday, or I just plan out my meals for a week and change it up if I really feel the need.

It's all up to you, but Myoplex is fine.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Originally posted by Lucian
    The chicken daddy satisfiying is only useful to people who get hungry in the first place.
    I wasn't refering to satiety generally. I refering to it personally.

I dislike hunger pangs.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Shao-Lin you have a job so you buy your own food correct?

You also have enough time to cook, are you going to school part time?

The chicken daddy hunger pains happens when you are in the habit of eating huge meals, however if you are in the habit of not eating very big meals you dont get hungry ever.

You do get cravings though,these are rare, like in the middle of the night once or twice a week you may crave a specific food.
    Last edited by Lucian; 11-22-2002 at 05:00 PM.

The chicken daddy hunger pains happens when you are in the habit of eating huge meals, however if you are in the habit of not eating very big meals you dont get hungry ever.
    Lucian, sounding as nice as possible here, but what the hell are you doddering on about?

I have no idea Robboe?

I'd go with a MRP but it has to be thick like the EAS ones.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Originally posted by Maki Riddington
    I'd go with a MRP but it has to be thick like the EAS ones.
    You can probably buy guar gum to thicken them up if they're not up to your standard.

Dunno where from though.

whole food cannot be carried to school with you
    Amen to that. It's impossible to carry a tupperware container with some chicken and rice around with you.

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy

Lucian, sounding as nice as possible here, but what the hell are you doddering on about?
    LOL, I was wondering the same thing

I only use mrps (myoplex in specific) post-workout when bulking or cutting. Only difference is I add more dextrose and banana to the shake when bulking.
    "They will spend their nights dreaming of six-pack
    abs and a rock hard physique, little do they realize eventually we will reach
    our goal and they will be dreaming of the body we walk around with every
    dayÖonly then will they understand." -- Severed Ties

"There are 6 billion people in this world, and I'm #1." -- me