The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: beer

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

beer

How does drinking alchohol, wine, beer, affect progress in bodybuilding. I know that beer is full of calories you do not need but I like it. I seem to be able to maintain a decent physique but I drink at least 6 to 10 beers a day. However, I am 38 and it seems to be getting harder as the years go by. So, having had my bodybuilding spirit rekindled after a bitter divorce, and now having to look for another woman I am wondering if I should give it up for a while until I get as big as I want to be. Although I will say that there is a lot of guys out there that wish they had my body that never drink. So, what is the scoop on drinking and bodybuilding. My theory is that beer actually helps digestion and protein absoption but I could be wrong. Any insight?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

A Fortnight Dead
    You seriously drink that much?

That is not good.
    "human kind/
    Cannot bear very much reality/
    Time past and time future/
    What might have been and what has been / Point to one end, which is always present."

-T.S. Eliot. "Four Quartets."

"Redistribution [of wealth] is in effect far less a redistribution of free income from the richer to the poorer, as we [had] imagined, than a redistribution of power from the individual to the State."
    -Jouvenal

Fear me, I am the bandersnatch.
    -Paul Stagg

*homer voice* mmmm....beer

and by the way....
    mmmm...search function
    "Don't take life too serious, you'll never get out alive."-Van Wilder

Re: beer

Originally posted by Edwin Hughes
    My theory is that beer actually helps digestion and protein absoption but I could be wrong. Any insight?
    Your theory is the opposite of what occurs...do a search, the affects of alcohol on BB'ing have been discussed many times on this site.
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    You are wrong. And it's very hard to be a good bodybuilder when you have a giant black hole where your liver is supposed to be.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

Wannabebig Member
    Ok, Ok, I get it. I am a lucky guy to be as big as I am. I must have a super liver. I could probably get huge if I would just be good right? Maybe I should quit pressing my luck and be all that I can be. I would do better if I could work out more. I mean with all the stuff about over training, I try not to. If I could workout more I might not drink as much. I need something to take my mind off the crap. So I workout and drink. I guess I could start doing cardio but I hate it. Not as bad as I would hate having a black hole though. Thanks.

I don't think working out more is a good solution, as far as overtraining. Though it is probably better that drinking. Hey I tell myself the same thing need something to do. I drink for 2 reason, one boredom, but second I like the effect.
    I am in a similar boat to you same intake, not fat. People don't wish they were as big as me though. I like to drink and like to punish myself in the gym.
    I have been taking time off on some nights when I wo. I don't beleive at all that alcohol stops protein synth for 24hrs. I am sure it doesn't help. I am not advising drinking, yet I am not a 50s after school movie either.