The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: diet question

Wannabebig Member

diet question

hi, i have a question about diets and calories. i was told that your metabolism will slow down if you eat the same amount of calories for a long period of time, because your body gets adapted. is this true?

with your metabolism slowing down it would possibly make gaining fat easier correct?

thanks in advance for any replies

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Ecoli die
    Depends on what you mean. You will slow down in general and burn less calories if you are hungry all the time. It's possible that your body will compensate for a caloric deficit by burning unused muscle tissue (thus reducing your total daily caloric needs) and even by lowering your normal body temperature (you can keep your eyes on that by tracking your body temp every morning).

If you were in a situation like this, you wouldn't be gaining fat because you would be in a net caloric deficit. People who don't eat enough don't gain much fat as a rule of thumb. Your total % of body fat might increase though if you are burning up more muscle than fat...

In reality, it's pretty much a case by case basis and generalities don't work very well though.
    Now in pain, only working out the walking sticks.

Wannabebig Member
    i'm actually trying to gain some muscle so i'm not in a defecit of calories, but i've been eating the same amounts for several weeks now. so then does your metabolism just slow down only if you are in defecit?

If you are in a caloric surplus you shouldn't have to worry about your metabolism slowing down.

:withstupi
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska

Wannabebig Member
    that clears it up. thanks