The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig New Member

General advice needed

Hi im quite new to the bodybuiding scene (7 months)
    Just wanted some advice. Although i dont think ill ever get massive or anything i wanted to ask advice on a couple of things. For my protein intake which i try to keep up (but fail sometines) ive been taking protein shakes day (1 per day) and drinking milk, 2 pints a day(skimmed) for my meals ive been eating maybe a steak or some chicken or lean lamb and eggs and baked beans for breakfast. is this ok, how can i improve?

For my rountine i train 3/4 times a week... once for arms tri and bi , once back and legs and twice chest and shoulders. Is this ok?

My general body shape now is quite toned but a bit heavy round the middle (beer! and weekends )which im not willing to sacrifice hehe) has anyone any advice either routine or diet to maybe build up the bulk without putting it opn my middle which is where i put the unwanted weight on... my legs are quite skinny naturally unfortunately!

Any help would be apreciated guys and gals

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

If you wish to put on muscle you need to maybe reorganize your routine. Training chest and shoulders twice as often as other bodyparts probably isn't a good idea. You should work everything equally, and doubling the work may not be allowing you to recover properly. Also, you should be consuming more calories than you burn to increase your muscle mass as well. Even if you have some bodyfat on your stomach, adding muscle may help redistribute this, and the added bonus of extra muscle raising your metabolic rate and burning more calories steadily throughout the day.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Ecoli die
    It sounds like overall you are accomplishing what you want to accomplish?

I think maybe you need to set some goals and start to head towards them.
    Now in pain, only working out the walking sticks.