The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 343515253
Results 1,301 to 1,317 of 1317
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzz
    Its been a long time.
    It sure has.

Indeed.

fuzz should lift something.

I saw it was this guy's birthday. What the **** ever happened to him?

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesnít realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell

I think the choad went off and got married or some****.

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    I miss Fuzz.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

Heh. Been awhile. I figured starting this up again would help. I now live in North Carolina, and my weight and fitness are horrible.

So I started dieting again in earnest last week monday. My weight is up to 255 or so, which is the heaviest I've been. I am probably in the worst shape of my life, which has happened due to a combination of a lot of work, stress, moving across the country, and just putting my health at too low a priority. No more.

For the last week I've been doing a simple low carb diet -- keeping carbs under 100g a day. I try to get protein to 200g, and get omega 3s and a multivitamin. Thats about it, nothing fancy. Exercise is some cardio at the gym at my apartment, walking, and trying to do some prehab/rehab. Various nagging pains continue, some are RSI related from coding, others are probably just due to muscular imbalances I have.

Anyways, tomorrow I'll weigh in and see how the low carb is working. Calories were probably kept under 2500 everyday last week, if not lower. If I can believe my log, its under 2k, but thats probably due to forgetting things.

Next steps will be getting to the local gym more often and focusing more on prehab. Need to get a routine setup for that so that I get back in the habit.

Wonders never cease, lol - ...seriously though, good hearing from you - hope you get into the gym soon.

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzz View Post
    Heh. Been awhile. I figured starting this up again would help. I now live in North Carolina, and my weight and fitness are horrible.

So I started dieting again in earnest last week monday. My weight is up to 255 or so, which is the heaviest I've been. I am probably in the worst shape of my life, which has happened due to a combination of a lot of work, stress, moving across the country, and just putting my health at too low a priority. No more.

For the last week I've been doing a simple low carb diet -- keeping carbs under 100g a day. I try to get protein to 200g, and get omega 3s and a multivitamin. Thats about it, nothing fancy. Exercise is some cardio at the gym at my apartment, walking, and trying to do some prehab/rehab. Various nagging pains continue, some are RSI related from coding, others are probably just due to muscular imbalances I have.

Anyways, tomorrow I'll weigh in and see how the low carb is working. Calories were probably kept under 2500 everyday last week, if not lower. If I can believe my log, its under 2k, but thats probably due to forgetting things.

Next steps will be getting to the local gym more often and focusing more on prehab. Need to get a routine setup for that so that I get back in the habit.

WOW. Good to have you back.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

I'm from North Carolina but live in South Carolina right now. Where in NC are you?
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by HomeYield View Post
    I'm from North Carolina but live in South Carolina right now. Where in NC are you?

Chapel Hill -- where are you in SC?

Cocoa, Hatred: Thanks, its good to be back.

The diet has been rolling on...I had a presentation on Tuesday night that I was hacking hard on so that left litte time for much else. On Monday I weighed in at 253, so I'm down two pounds or so. I'm fine with that, as long as it stays consistent.

Otherwise I'm just tracking calories and pretty busy with work and family stuff. I _did_ finally go out and get some new shoes, which was long over due...I now have good running shoes with enough support and some better walking around shoes. I'll have more time this weekend to get some workouts in.

2/25/08 - monday

Weight: ~250 -- down over 5 lbs in 2 weeks. Pretty much right about what I expected, and right on target.

Diet: Cheated quite a bit over the weekend, but back on track today.
    Last edited by fuzz; 02-26-2008 at 08:16 PM.

2/26/08 - tuesday

Diet: Good today. Salad for lunch when everyone else got pizza. Jerks. Also, avoided the homemade cake brought into the office.

Exercise: Ran 1 mile. Turned around. Saw hill and cried on the inside. Walked the mile back.

4/21/08 - monday

Weight: 242 ish

Diet: lagged for a little while there, but back on track now. Avoided the homemade cake at lunch today (bastards) and had a salad + chicken.

Exercise: We got a Bob Revolution double stroller for the kids, and I took them out in it today since it looked like the rain was clearing up. After walking almost a mile from home, the light drizzle turned into pouring death rain.

So I decided to try running the way back, pushing ~100 lbs of stroller up the hill. That just about destroyed, so I alternated between running and walking so as to not pass out and leave my children in an awkward (to say the least) situation.
    Last edited by fuzz; 04-21-2008 at 06:16 PM.

derp.

Tweep.