The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Raven Shield

Totally, dude!

Raven Shield

I played it for two hours tonight. I know a lot of people hate it for being too realistic, but it's awesome because it forces people to be serious. If anyone tries firing their gun like crazy, they don't hit crap. I've played the other Rainbow Six games and even one of my roommates who hated those with a passion, loved this demo. Anyone else playing it?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    two words.

BAD ASS

go to bed!
    Our Journal!
    R.I.P Devie

Is it like Ghost Recon? I enjoyed Ghost Recon but I really have to be in the right mood to play it. I'm all for realistic games, but sitting there and having my team crawl through a bush for 5 minutes straight, just to sneak up on some guys, gets boring after a while, especially if I f*ck up and have to restart!
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

No, it is very much NOT like Ghost Recon. Maps are much smaller urban and interior maps. They are small enough for a fast paced, bloody large player count game, or for a good one on one stealth-off. Its just...its awesome.

Just give it a try. You can download the multiplayer demo now. Go to fileplanet.

I think I'm just gonna get UT 2003. Nice simple fragging and I guess they must have a very solid online component. I am more interested in interactive play, as single player fps tend to bore me a bit after a while.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Ravenshield is all about multiplayer and teamwork, duder. It is strange, its the first game where everybody WANTS to work as a team instead of three guys working together, and everybody else going Rambo. It is far more entertaining when you work together. Its on the UT engine as well, so the graphics and effects are superb. Fantastic netcode, too.

But UT is always good for a thrash..and I guess you dont really haev to depend on anyone huh?

Eh.

DId someone say twinkie?

Shut up fatty!

Ok, I'm gonna go at lunch, and whichever one has the better "look" on the exterior of the box wins! Unless I get subverted and buy Neverwinter Nights. I love RPGs but I have baldur's gate 2 installed and haven't even played it yet other than for the first segment. Or I maybe I'll get an older game as well like Arcanum, I used to love playing Fallout and I think it's the same format.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Well, I bought UT2K2. Raven Shield isn't even released yet! Or at least not in Canada if it is out in the states. I think most ppl are playing the demo. I also bought Silent Hunter since it was cheap, and sub games are cool. I bought a used copy of unreal, but then asked about the fact that if the cd key was used online I couldn't use it, the guy basically just switches from a new box but was lazy and just gave me the new package...so that was a nice $10 off for nothing.

I must now wait until work is over to "frag" stuff. :evillaugh

Current FFFA Enforcer

x

x
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Cutting Cycle 02/04'

Totally, dude!
    Originally posted by kimpy225
    go to bed!
    You go to bed! I went to bed at 6 am, woke up at 3 pm and feel great.

What about The battle of 1942? Is that game any good?
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Totally, dude!
    The netcode is still a bit buggy after the recent patch. It's still fun, but when you have 32 people playing someone is bound to be an idiot. Not to mention a lot of people just fly around in planes or ride jeeps off cliffs during the entire game. Like all games you play it depends on the server you find.

The first demo for it was released for a LAN party in the UK. Ubisoft (the people who made the game), were running a tournament with a prize pool of about £2,500. Unfortunately some of the people who were allowed to download it (people playing in the tourney) leaked it, and since ubisoft had a limit on the number of people able to use it (to prevent a leak ;o ), a load of people didn't get any practice until they got there :o.
    I think they released the official demo after the event.
    "I'm gonna die with a dumbell in my hand." - stpatrick44

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 80kgs (176lbs) | BF%: dunno
    --
    BB Bench 1 x 110kgs (242lbs) | Deadlift: 135kgs (300lbs) x 2 | Current Routine: Bodybuilding

Get Arcanum, El P, it is an extremely good game. Prepare to waste a LOT of time on Arcanum. There is a lot of the same character interaction from Fallout, and tons of weapons/customization. The atmosphere is incredible, as well.

c

c
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg k.jpg (34.2 KB, 30 views)
    Cutting Cycle 02/04'

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    Raven shield is awesome.... Love tatical shooters outdoors or close quarters...
    w00t

Well I have been playing Unreal Tournament for the last few hours and I like it. Just getting better at it before I try and join a multiplayer. The weapons could be better though.

Current FFFA Enforcer