Thread: The Road To Where Ever

Hybrid View

The Road To Where Ever

Well,starting a journalIm a 15 yr old high school student in the uk.Started benching and curling a couple of months ago but never got anywhere really.Starting wbb routine 2 as my 1st routine.seems like a good one.you can see it on the main page in the training articles.
    Will try to add a pic some time soon so you can see my progress.

My goal is to add 3 or 4" to my arms in 2 years.I want to join the royal marines or become a civil engineer.

Well,today.Got up and had no breakfast.went on my paperound.had to rush to school for my exams.i ate quite a few snacks on the way there,to boost my energy levels.Came home at break and ate a full french stick with 500g of hame,loads of lettuce and tomatoes.then drank 500ml of milk.Came home and ate more salad,then started 1st day of wbb routine 2.i hope to do this for 10 weeks.i finished the routine apart from flyes.i dropped the weight on my toe and busted it open,so i stopped.im normally use to training with low reps,between 2-4.but the routine is 9-11,so i had to drop some weight,which disappointed me abit.apart from that,it felt great.im currently eating sugar puffs,but had chips,steak and kidney pie and peas before.also have some milk before i go bed.hope to get 7 hours sleep 2nite,but i aint sleepin that well this week.talk 2 you lot tomoz!
    Started Lifting Again!
    Msn Messenger: delveyboy@hotmail.com
    Im always pissed off and have occasional peaceful spells - By MrWebb78
    Nothing says masculin like a dump on the floor - by Intensity

Good luck with the journal, sounds like your diet could do with some work, are you bulking? i would suggest that you do, being 6ft2 and 150lbs.

How did the ordeal with the g/f pan out?

B-R
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

i dont know much about diet,so any help woill be appreciated.i eat when im hungry,so cant keep track of what i eat.i also have a fast metabolism,so its hard to gain weight.i hope to bulk though.everythin is ok with the gf,thanks for asking.angain,any help will be appreciated!
    Started Lifting Again!

well today was ok.sore from yesterdays workout.i had about 6 hours sleep last nite,but took a nap after skool for 2 hours(finished early due to exams).so far ive ate 3 sandwiches(200 cals),2 hot dogs on muffins,no butter.microwave chilli,then toast with 2 eggs on.also had portion of chips.i need to sort this diet out,so if anybodu has any info,please let me know.hope to get 7 hours of sleep tonight,then do my leg routine tomoz.if i dont get alot of sleep,i will have another nap.talk to you tomoz!
    Started Lifting Again!

my advice on diet would be to run a search in the diet forums, if you cant find what you need post a question, then you will recieve lots of opinions, whereas if i just outline, you will only get a few ideas chucked in the mixer.

If you dont get any responce then i will sort you a diet out tommorow, im busy till tommorow evening so ill sort it then if need be.

B-R

Here are a few things to get you started with your diet:

1) If trying to gain weight multiply your bw*18 and that will give you a rough estimate of what your daily caloric total should be. I would shoot to gain about a pound a week, and if you are not gaining then up your daily cals gradually until you are.

2) Get at least 1 gram of protien per pound of bodyweight.

3) Try and get your carbs from complex sources such as oats and sweet potatoes, except post-workout in which you should consume simple carbs.

4) Don't skip out on the healthy fats. Some good sources are nuts, fish, natural PB, flax oil.

5) I would try and eat something at least every 2-3 hours. Each meal should contain some protien carbs and fat.

Hope this helps and good luck with the new routine and journal. Keep us posted on your progress.

nice post bradly that put it in a nutshell, a great foundation to work off.

well,today has been great.got alot of sleep last night,and slept for another 3 hours in the afternoon.just what i needed.i ate half a pan of my mums shepard pie(half mince half potatoes).i then started my workout.it was the 1st time i did squats,and my legs are gonna be sore tomoz.im dreading it

thanks for the advice on diet bradley.i will try and put a decent diet together soon.i will tell you what my legs are like tomoz.
    Started Lifting Again!

"it was the 1st time i did squats,and my legs are gonna be sore tomoz.im dreading it"

oh dear, you aint going to school tommorow boy

i remember my first proper leg session, i couldn't walk full stop, it was like my thighs were on the brink of exploding! good luck anyhow.

chau Delvey

B-R

Working out legs takes alot of balls. Many Many people are scared of training legs because its not an easy workout.

Sorry but Squating requires alot of mental toughness, more then anyother exercise. Perhaps Deadlifts and leg press are second to Squat. But working out your legs is very important more so if you lack them. I hated to train legs when i First begun to lift, but with time I had to love them. There is no way out you know , either you squat and get big or not.

well,big ron was right.i got up in the middle of the night for the loo,and couldnt get out of bed.i managed to drag myself off the bed to the loo.today ive had a problem walking,my hamstrings are killing me.my quads,however are not.today has been the usual with the diet,eat as much as i can when i can.i aint bothered at gaining fat.why should i,im 6ft2 150lbs ish.little fat will be no harm.didnt sleep well last night,and trying to get back to sleep after going toilet was a pain in the arse.cant wait til my shoulders and arm day tomoz,really looking forward to it.

i know training legs hurts at first,but i will get used to it.thanks for your advice!
    Started Lifting Again!

soz i aint replied,ive had no computer for a while.i will update you all tomoz
    Started Lifting Again!

well,i aint been training for the past 2 weeks.ive had a serious eye infection,which has cleared up.ive recently caught a cold,so i may not be able to train this week.illness sucks.hope u all had a great xmas!
    Started Lifting Again!

Energizer Bunnie
    Originally posted by DelveyBoy
    well,i aint been training for the past 2 weeks.ive had a serious eye infection,which has cleared up.ive recently caught a cold,so i may not be able to train this week.illness sucks.hope u all had a great xmas!
    Hope you get better so you can have a Wicked New Year !!!

I bet you are itching to get your hands on some Iron eh??
    "Happiness is not an accident. Nor is it something you wish for. Happiness is something you design." Jim Rohn

A Work In Progress....II

DailyDiet

Originally posted by DelveyBoy
    I hope you get better soon! Being sick sucks
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska

im gonna try and train tomoz.i dont feel that bad in the morning,so im gonna giv it ago.bring on the new year.
    Started Lifting Again!