The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Water

"Time to play the game" TheGame's Avatar

Water

How much water should you consume in a day?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I think the general rule is approx. 1 gallon per day, but more won't hurt you.

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    Just try to spread out your water intake troughout the day as much as possible, otherwise you'll piss most of it. It's also a good ideia to limit fluid intake a couple of hours before bed time. Waking up 3 or 4 times a night to piss is not a good thing.

Water is good.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

yep a gallon seems to be the norm...just carry around a water bottle and sip on it every now and then
    Last edited by goobermor; 12-02-2002 at 09:27 PM.

Originally posted by stpatrick44
    Water is good.
    DEEP THOUGHTS
    By StPatrick44

Last edited by Stray; 12-02-2002 at 08:42 PM.
    -Stray-

"When you are not practicing, remember, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win." - Ed Macauley

I work out because I have two daughters.....and one day they'll be teenagers.

Hydrate or die.
    Some mornings it just isn't worth chewing through the restraints.

ditto on the 1 gallon standard.
    Train.

I don't drink enuff water!! For now on from this day forward I will drink a gallon a day. Will I notice any difference in any thing or just better health and going to the bathroom more often?

....Walks to the water cooler....
    Age 23 Height 5'10 weight 210 2 years complete of serious lifting.
    At 5'10" last Jan/02 I was 280 Lbs with a 44 waist.
    Now as of Dec/02 I am 210 with a 34-36 waist. A year complete 70 pounds lost now lets get big .
    Goal Deadlift 500 by summer now..
    02/10/03 405X3 425X1
    02/17/03 435X1
    02/24/03 445X1
    03/03/03 455X1
    03/10/03 455X3 "rack pull" 500X1 "rack pull MISS"
    03/17/03 405X6, "Rack Pulls 505X3, 525X1.... 555X1 Miss"
    04/14/03 465X1 verry difficult
    05/12/03 475X1 Easy!!! 500X1 Miss"real close"
    05/19/03 435X5
    06/16/03 Rack pulls 555X2, 600Xmiss
    07/14/03 500X1 GOAL ACHIEVED!!!!
    10/06/03 500X4 555X1 Miss
    10/13/03 535X1
    11/10/03 Rack pull 500X7
    GOAL for 2004 get back to a low fat% and keep it 8 -10% would be great.
    06/29 rack pull 700X3
    07/6/04 600x1 at 216
    09/6/04 600X1 at 208 Rack pull 720X3
    NEW GOAL BENCH 400 BY FEB 2005 "not sure about this one"

Wannabebig Member
    Some guys at my gym actually carry a gallon of water with them. I call them gallon boys, and they are usually the prof. body builders.

Originally posted by bigkevin20
    Will I notice any difference in any thing or just better health and going to the bathroom more often?
    haha yeah you'll go to the bathroom another 3 or 4 times in the day, and most other things beyond that will be suttle. thou i know some people that really need to down water before they lift or else their lifts suffer big time
    when someone makes a toilet-based analogy I usually take it very seriously. -Budiak

I would drink a minimum of 1 gal/day. you should drink even more on training days. keeping yourself hydrated inbetween meals also helps to lower serum cortisol levels...

* remember if you "feel" thirsty you are already dehydrated. a constant intake of water will prevent that

I drink 1/2 gal during training sessions alone. I usually drink a good 2 gals a day.
    Last edited by LAM; 12-04-2002 at 09:03 PM.

Yes I go to the bathroom quite often.
    LOL
    I think about 10-15 times a day.
    Hell I'll drink then drive to school and once I hit campus I'l need to pee.
    LOL
    Train.

Not sure but...... I think water helps you digest your food, getting nutrients in and waste out more efficiently. More efficient digestion=more efficient diet=more efficient gains. I'm sure someone knowing more than me can describe this better, how water transports nutrients, esspecially the part on protien digestion. water is a necessity.

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    I sweat a lot when I sleep, and I guess that a lot of other people may, too. I drink all the way up to the point where I jump into bed, and then whe I get up to pee 8 times a night, I drink more every time I get up. If not, I wake up extremely dehydrated.

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    Originally posted by Budiak
    I sweat a lot when I sleep, and I guess that a lot of other people may, too. I drink all the way up to the point where I jump into bed, and then whe I get up to pee 8 times a night, I drink more every time I get up. If not, I wake up extremely dehydrated.
    This is not a good thing. I suffer from similar problems and I can tell you that true REM sleep takes a few continuos hours of sleep to happen, and if it doesn't, you're not getting real sleep. I chose to limit fluid intake during the few hours preceding bed time and wake up a little more dry but rested.

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    Its fine. Trust me.

Would you rather I not drink, and wake up with a headache all day? Remember I barely sleep more than 3 hours at a time, ao I ususally dont have to get up and pee.

I know you're just trying to help, and I respect that, but I'm a clinical insomniac and I know fully the damage that lack of sleep can do to you. Its 3 hours I believe of continuous sleep that starts REM a movin...but I might be a special case. I often sleep less than an hour a night and go all day, including an intense workout- setting PRs and everything, then maybe sleep 4 hours that night and go until 2am the next day after a full day of classes, driving, classes, driving, blah blah.

The most damage my sleeping disorder has done to me? Mental stability. My lifts have only improved, my grades have not suffered, but I think I'm going kinda...kinda nuts, day by day.

I've gotten a bit of a grasp on the problem over the past few months, but it rears its head every once in a while and I'll only get *any* sleep sometimes 3, 4 nights a week.

But hey, I drink enough water.

*bows before tyler durden....er I mean budiak*

I swear my body sucks, I'm missing out on so much in life having to sleep 8 hrs a night....I'm never going to finish GTA3 at this rate
    when someone makes a toilet-based analogy I usually take it very seriously. -Budiak