Thread: Weird problem with Windows Media Player

Hybrid View

Soca King

Weird problem with Windows Media Player

I'm having a weird problem with Windows Media Player.At least when I tried earlier I can't play d/l AVIs from kazaa for which Media Player is the default player.When I play them I get sound & instead of video I get a display of colours.This problem is recent I played an AVI movie a few days ago and it worked fine

And to make it more fustrating I can play d/l WMV clips and there's no problem,I can go to Yahoo Movies and play the various movie trailers and clips with no problem.

And yes I have tried making Real Player the default AVI player,the Windows Media Player I have installed is 7.1 which is the best I can install on my Windows OS.And I also have the most recent DivX Codec from divx.com(5.02).I have the feeling that this is one of those times that a computer program acts up for no apparent reason Anyway I'm getting ready for sleep soon so please float around suggestions

yeah, the same thing happens to me...i think u need a decoder of some sort...ive searched after it, but cant seem to find it.

Soca King

Update

Windows Media Player works now all of a sudden I didn't do anything this morning except reboot the computer.But now Media Player works fine.Maybe the files got corupted or something

You need to download the codecs. first right click the file and find what codec the movie is saved in, its most likely mpeg4.

where do u download codecs?

It depends on the codec.

like mpeg4?

aaah thanx bro