Thread: Question About HIIT.....

Question About HIIT.....

Can you perform HIIT on an exercise apparatus such as a HealthRider or a stationary bike? F*ck sprinting.

You can......but let me ask, what do you have against sprinting?
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

What I have against sprinting is... where the hell can I do it? It's like ten degrees outside, I ain't going to a gym to do it, and I just hate running of any kind, period. I feel like a jerk, runnin' through the 'hood like a yuppie idiot. I try to avoid being seen by people at all costs, but that's fodder for another obscure rant.

How about jumping rope?

Also, HIIT has to do with the intensity not speed.

I'm sure that running on a very steep incline will be just as intense as sprinting.
    If the only thing you are holding is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    Originally posted by FrusWeighted
    What I have against sprinting is... where the hell can I do it? It's like ten degrees outside, I ain't going to a gym to do it, and I just hate running of any kind, period. I feel like a jerk, runnin' through the 'hood like a yuppie idiot. I try to avoid being seen by people at all costs, but that's fodder for another obscure rant.
    LOL!

So you guys are telling me that HIIT works? All I have to do is go at it for 4 minutes a session, gradually increasing the time, and it'll work? So let's say I've got a HealthRider, which is similar to a rowing machine, and if I perform HIIT with it the best I can, I'll get better results than doing the usual 30-45 minute cardio routine that I've been doing? You gotta be kidding. Has anyone here tried it and can honestly say the got good results from it?

whats wrong with 10 degrees? ive been doing it in the uk and its -2 degrees! harden up bhoy. Fitness requires a committment and whether its getting a bit cold or a bit sore is all part and parcel of the lifestyle.

Interval training is a superb method of training and will work better than cardio for losing weight if your diet is in order to

B-R
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

Whether you're hardcore or not, running outside in the freezing cold is still wack. The only thing I'll gain by doing that is a sore throat and pnuemonia...
    Yup, there's nothing like breakin' a good sweat when it's freezing outside! The way I see it, if it's cold enough to freeze a puddle on the sidewalk, I ain't gonna run and sweat out in those elements. I might as well lift weights at the TB clinic. I ain't lookin' to be "Rocky". I agree that you gotta work hard to get in shape, and I'm willing to do so, but why suffer needlessly when there are options?

I have used it actually, and yes it does work quite well.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock