The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

home gym equipment

Looking to buy a rack and bench from Alpha Fittnes Equipment (.com) they have have what is called Budget Strength Equip for $319 with shipping (hi/lo pulley, bench and squat rack)... DOES ANYONE OWN ONE??? or has anyone seen one??? Not sure if its a good deal...sounds great but for the price.....I have seen some as much $1k with out a bench..... Any input would be great

Thanks....JIG

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

JIG, I recently purchased a home gym. The one you mentioned is one I did look at. The price is decent enough but remember you get what you pay for. I contacted the company CAP barbell to get more specs since I didn't trust the sales person. According to the company the max. load for the bench is something like 300 and the rack 350. Remember this weight includes the users weight (on bench). I opted to spend more and got a cage with incline/flat/decline bench. It cost me more but I won't outgrow it. So, I guess it depends on what you lift, what your goals are and your budget. Hope this helps.

I would recommend anything by nautilus, they have very high quality equipment. I bought a package with ajustable bench (incline/decline), power/squat rack with overhead/row cable attachements, olimpic bar, easy curl bar, around 300-400lb of plates, and cable attachements. It cost me $700CAD tax in. All you need is DBs. It's solid, after a couple years of using it nothing got worn out or loose, it's as good as new.

spend that money on gym membership bro
    To get good at most things takes 2-4 years i.e BodyBuilding, Martial Arts, Musical Instrements ect.
    To Master it, takes a life time - Buff Stuff

The answer to every query is, of course, "squats". - drew

BUFF

Buff why do you say that? I got a home gym and I'm glad I did.

A gym is a good place to learn and hopefully has the equipment you need. Sometimes getting to a gym is not possible. I live 30 miles from a gym. For me a home gym is better. Its nice cause you can work out anytime you want, bad cause its easier to be distracted. Theres times too I wish I had equipment that a gym would have. Also critique on form.
    Last edited by Berserker; 12-12-2002 at 02:30 PM.

Originally posted by Berserker
    A gym is a good place to learn and hopefully has the equipment you need. Sometimes getting to a gym is not possible. I live 30 miles from a gym. For me a home gym is better. Its nice cause you can work out anytime you want, bad cause its easier to be distracted. Theres times too I wish I had equipment that a gym would have. Also critique on form.
    Good points Berserker. I agree there are positives and negatives to both. I was just wondering why BuffStuff made the generic comment implying one was better than the other.

you guys are lucky that you can workout at home. I wish I could but there is just no room at all. The closest gym isnt that far away (5 mins drive) but its always crowded as we always have football players training because its the off season and they come in groups of 6-12 people with all of them doing the same exercise at a time, hogging all the benches and squat racks.

I work differents and its difficult to hit the gym with the intensity needed....(plus 12hr work days sux) with a home gym I can workout after some rest....plus don't have to worry about carry and gym bags....thanks for the imputs...

JIG

Originally posted by Mik

Good points Berserker. I agree there are positives and negatives to both. I was just wondering why BuffStuff made the generic comment implying one was better than the other.
    I never said that, I worked out at home for 5 years, I joined the gym and gained 7 pounds muscle at least.

The gym is where its at
    To get good at most things takes 2-4 years i.e BodyBuilding, Martial Arts, Musical Instrements ect.
    To Master it, takes a life time - Buff Stuff

The answer to every query is, of course, "squats". - drew

BUFF

Originally posted by BUFF STUFF

I never said that, I worked out at home for 5 years, I joined the gym and gained 7 pounds muscle at least.

The gym is where its at
    Buff, sorry if I misread your comments. Cheers!