Thread: PowerManDL or others, HIIT questions

PowerManDL or others, HIIT questions

These may have been answered before but sometimes I need a little more clarification.

Here is what I was doing on a treadmil. 1min run with 2min fast walk. From the link posted in the HIIT thread I should be doing much shorter and more intense runs. Say maybe a 10 to 15 second sprint, but how much time before I sprint again? If I only wait 30 seconds or so before I spint again, I'll only be good for maybe 3 or 4 minutes. Is that long enough? Any suggestions on a routine for treadmil. BTW, I tried this last night and it seemed to work ok on the treadmil. I'll do it outside when the weather is a little better.

What about leg fatigue, heart rate, and resparitory rate. By the time I started the 3rd run, my legs were starting to burn, and my chest was pumping hard. Not to sound stupid, but is that what I am shooting for?

Thanks again,
    Jerry

I'd take the approach of say a 15 second sprint then a 45 second rest. If you can only go a few minutes, that's fine-- make it a goal to add a minute the next workout, and build up to where you can go for longer periods.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

What I usually do is a 2 min warmup, then gradually increase every minute to get up to a full sprint, then go back to a light jog for another min, or so till I build up to a sprint;. This usually last for 18 min and my last 2 min is a cooldown which I start from a jog down to a walk.

I usually do this on a treadmill but also like doing it with the X-trainer as well or the bikes.

Thanks. tomorrow will be session #2. I'll see how it goes.

Jerry