Thread: *R* Some Diet Tips...

Wannabebig Member

*R* Some Diet Tips...

After the past 16 years of my lif being "chubby" I have decided for a change. I thought I was doing good the past few weeks, but all these "Site expert's" tell me all kind of different things. I dont eat meat anymore, here is my usual diet...

1) banana, or some type of fruit

----------School-------------

2) Salad, usually 1 egg, 2 cups lettuce, 4 baby carrots, and 2 tsp italian dressing

3) Another fruit

4) Some Carrot's

Please tell me how to correct this to max fat loss, I really would liek to drop 15-20 lbs more asap. Thanks alot guys. I need to also develope my ab's, and chest better soo if you could help me out it would be much appreciated. Thanks again,
    - Ron

That is the worst diet I've ever seen before in my life.............
    And why would you stop eating meat??!?

ur killing urself with that diet

u don't have to eat meat -- but GET SOME PROTEIN AND FAT in there

i would consider the calories eaten to be MAYBE 600 at most -- some call that starving
    Size is SEXY!

As long as there's raniali nudity, its all good. -- PMDL, my idol
    My God. I wish, if only for a day, i had hooters like that to play with. -- TCD, my other idol
    It is as stable as my mindset around your breasts. -- robboe
    Good god raniali....you have an amazing physique. -- JustinASU
    Whenever raniali posts in a thread, somebody is bound to get aroused, thats just the way it is. -- Y2A

~Anything worth doing at all IS worth doing well.~
    ~You all laugh because I am diFFereNt; I laugh because you're all the same.~
    ~Have no fear of perfection; you will never reach it. -- Salvador Dali, Diary of A Genius~

Wannabebig Member
    Yes, but im asking for something better. I told you guys I wasnt that experienced...sorry.

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...threadid=24132

he just posted his diet ... and it looks good
    this will give you an idea of what types of food you need to be eating

additionally - if you aren't weight training as part of your effort to lose weight ----> START NOW ...this is the single most effective thing one can do to permanently alter your resting metabolism and body composition
    Size is SEXY!

As long as there's raniali nudity, its all good. -- PMDL, my idol
    My God. I wish, if only for a day, i had hooters like that to play with. -- TCD, my other idol
    It is as stable as my mindset around your breasts. -- robboe
    Good god raniali....you have an amazing physique. -- JustinASU
    Whenever raniali posts in a thread, somebody is bound to get aroused, thats just the way it is. -- Y2A

~Anything worth doing at all IS worth doing well.~
    ~You all laugh because I am diFFereNt; I laugh because you're all the same.~
    ~Have no fear of perfection; you will never reach it. -- Salvador Dali, Diary of A Genius~

Wannabebig Member
    Hey thanks alot, I am glad u were nice and replied to help me out...sorry for sounding soo "newbish"

We all gotta start somewhere, man. Getting your diet straight and lifting will significantly alter your body for the better. Stick around here and you'll learn a ton of stuff to help you out.

Wannabebig Member
    That diet is terrible, your metabolism is at a virtual standstill. Why don't you eat meat? It leaves you feeling full quicker than carbohydrates or fat. Also, it preserves LBM while dieting.

I think you need to educate yourself on basic nutrition instead of us just telling you what to do.

Fluid

Success Nourishes Hope Shankerr's Avatar
    oh my god.... if we don't hear from you in the morning, we'll know its cause you died in your sleep...

do you just not eat meat, or no animal products at all? How open would you be to eating something dead again???

umm...

yeah...

drop me a PM and we cna maybe work on something
    Let me get this straight...
    You get play from the girl of your dreams
    PR Shoulder Press using the 3 digit dumbells
    Hit up some fun with the guys
    Then get more play
    (all in one afternoon/evening I might add.. S)
    You are a success my friend . Share your secrets. (Crippy)

rookiebldr says:
    As for the weight gain, that too shouldn't be a problem, just tell them your leaning out. Then flex your bi and tell them to ****ing get lost.
    Shane says:
    yeah or throw something at them
    rookiebldr says:
    like a couple of 45's

What is your height/weight/bf%? I am sure the people on the board will be happy to get you going in the right direction. Post your new diet and we'll go from there.

Here are some basic principles:

1. Weight loss is a simple matter of calories out vs calories in BUT, as you eat less and less, your metabolism slows down so you have to progressively eat less to keep losing weight - you can see where this would lead.

2. You should not be concerned with *weight* loss as much as fat loss. How do you achieve this? You do it through a combination of:

weight loss
    muscle preservation

Weight loss is achieved through caloric balance which you have been doing (good for you in your discipline!)

Muscle preservation is achieved through weight training and balanced eating (ie. adequate protein, carbohydrate, fat, and a caloric defecit that is not too drastic).

3. Other things that you will find recommended here:

- try to eat 5 or 6 meals a day
    - drink at least 8 glasses of water a day
    - weight train using compound lifts
    - get adequate rest between workouts and adequate sleep
    - you should not expect to lose more than a lb a week and even 0.5 lb a week is quite acceptable. much more than that and you may be cutting into your muscle tissue. the other advantage of weight training is that you will be able to use your lifts to determine if you are losing strength (expect to lose some but not much)

4. My personal testimony : I am a lacto-ovo vegetarian as well and have been on a cutting cycle. I went from 185lbs 17%bf to 165lbs 13%bf in about 4 or 5 months.

My diet:

Morning shake 7:00am

1 cup skim milk
    1 tbsp natural peanut butter
    1 apple or pear or 1/2 cup of berries
    2 tbsp of one minute oatmeal
    2 scoops whey protein

Mid morning snack 10:00am
    2 slice whole wheat toast with egg, cheese, tomato

Lunch 12:00noon
    Some reasonable food court lunch with a cup of skim milk
    try to focus on vegetables and rice with beans or lentils

Afternoon 2pm
    skim latte with maybe half a cookie once in a while

Dinner 6:30pm
    Large salad with greens, tomatoes, olive oil, salt pepper
    Whatever my wife makes

Late snack 9:00 pm
    1 cup skim milk, 1 scoop whey, 2 tsp flax oil
    * when I work out it's generally evenings so on workout days, I have 2 scoops of whey, skip the oil, and add a tbsp of aunt jamima syrup (post workout glycogen replenishment)

My weight training is not unlike many others, simple lifts (very little isolation work) and split into push/pull/legs(shoulders)

My discipline is NOT as good as most people here, I eat a lot of crap in small doses, I skip workouts a lot, and since i have a 7 month old daughter, my sleep is somewhat irregular. Despite all that, my progress has been good BUT I know that to get to 10% bf I will have to squeeze out some more discipline.

Good luck and since you are vegetarian, I recommend you gander over to www.vegsource.com and check out the discussion under atheletes. There's a guy there named TER who is a monster.
    If the only thing you are holding is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

That diet is terrible, but it won't kill u. U will still loose weight on it. i did 900 cals/day for months and lost crazy amounts of weight. I'm not recommending it though. Esspecially if you wanna see abs and chest muscle. Whatever chest and abs u have will go along with the fat.

Up your calories. U can go as low as 1200 if u wanted, just know that you will loose muscle also.
    Monitor your intake and split of fats, carbs, and protiens. U don't have to eat meat to get a good split.
    Start doing something active everyday. walking, running, lifting, whatever.

Bostek...what type of exercise program are you following ?

People hear eat to gain and lose weight. You need to eat more and get on a routine to promote fat loss more. Learn hoe eat to lose weight.
    Age 23 Height 5'10 weight 210 2 years complete of serious lifting.
    At 5'10" last Jan/02 I was 280 Lbs with a 44 waist.
    Now as of Dec/02 I am 210 with a 34-36 waist. A year complete 70 pounds lost now lets get big .
    Goal Deadlift 500 by summer now..
    02/10/03 405X3 425X1
    02/17/03 435X1
    02/24/03 445X1
    03/03/03 455X1
    03/10/03 455X3 "rack pull" 500X1 "rack pull MISS"
    03/17/03 405X6, "Rack Pulls 505X3, 525X1.... 555X1 Miss"
    04/14/03 465X1 verry difficult
    05/12/03 475X1 Easy!!! 500X1 Miss"real close"
    05/19/03 435X5
    06/16/03 Rack pulls 555X2, 600Xmiss
    07/14/03 500X1 GOAL ACHIEVED!!!!
    10/06/03 500X4 555X1 Miss
    10/13/03 535X1
    11/10/03 Rack pull 500X7
    GOAL for 2004 get back to a low fat% and keep it 8 -10% would be great.
    06/29 rack pull 700X3
    07/6/04 600x1 at 216
    09/6/04 600X1 at 208 Rack pull 720X3
    NEW GOAL BENCH 400 BY FEB 2005 "not sure about this one"

Wannabebig Member
    Here is my problem, I dont care how much I weigh. All I want is to lose the "love handles". and get the ab's out. I figured that was good to eat like that. All I really need to know is how to max the loss of fat, im nto worried about losing strength at this point, It will be more fun, and enjoyable building that back up after I get my ab's in shape..thx alot guys

Calculate what your maintenance level is and eat below that. (not DRASTICALLY below it like you are now.)
    -Stray-

"When you are not practicing, remember, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win." - Ed Macauley

I work out because I have two daughters.....and one day they'll be teenagers.

Originally posted by raniali
    i would consider the calories eaten to be MAYBE 600 at most -- some call that starving
    That's definitely starvation. SHEESH, I eat at LEAST 600 cals per meal, 6 times per day.

"All I want is to lose the "love handles". and get the ab's out. I figured that was good to eat like that. All I really need to know is how to max the loss of fat, im nto worried about losing strength at this point, It will be more fun, and enjoyable building that back up after I get my ab's in shape..thx alot guys"

Diet is only half of it. You've got to weight train to preserve muscle. 1 lb of muscle burns many times more calories than 1 lb of fat - think of your muscles as a fat burning furnace.

I think you've got plenty of good info here. Good luck!
    If the only thing you are holding is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.