The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Hey fellas, humble beginnings

hey everyone,
    my names dave and im a real scrimp
    im 16, so i still got a bit of growng left..
    i dont go to the gym as yet but i do have experience and understnad general terminology from this mad gym at school we used in P.E
    since then ive left school, so no gym....

Question: if i wanna get bigger not really seriously body build but be so that tha ladies have something to hold on to kinda thing,

what exercises should i be doing at home, and can i become any bigger at home by doing just pushups/situps/chinups at home.
    and if so how many reps or wat speeds etc and can u suggest any routines or other exercises.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: im about 5"10 or 9 and about 60 kg
    Last edited by w00keh; 12-10-2002 at 07:24 AM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

You need to join a gym or buy equipment.

Wannabebig Member
    i'm no expert but i strongly surgest u buy the enclipodea of body building its about £40 but werth every penny to a young beginers like us.

A Fortnight Dead
    Except for the fact that its routines are effectively worthless...
    "human kind/
    Cannot bear very much reality/
    Time past and time future/
    What might have been and what has been / Point to one end, which is always present."

-T.S. Eliot. "Four Quartets."

"Redistribution [of wealth] is in effect far less a redistribution of free income from the richer to the poorer, as we [had] imagined, than a redistribution of power from the individual to the State."
    -Jouvenal

Fear me, I am the bandersnatch.
    -Paul Stagg

Wannabebig Member
    y do u say this

Wannabebig Member
    w00keh
    Have you left school for summer vacation??

If a gym is an option use it, but if it is not you can still make good progress.

At 16 and as a scrimp you can experience growth using Pushups/Pull-ups/Sit-ups/Chin Ups/Dips at home. You will outgrow this rather quickly though. I would recommend that you start using Pushups/Dips/Pull-ups/Chins ASAP and as soon as possible invest in some adjustable dumbells a barbell and a flat bench.

You have the advantage of being a scrimp so you can make gains initially with a routine using body weight exercises. Once you get to the point that you are able to do more than 15 reps of Body weight Pushups/Dips/Chins you will need to be able to work with more resistance.

Good Luck

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    Originally posted by Deano
    y do u say this
    Deano, it took a while for most people to understand that someone on roids has much better recovery capabilities and is generally speaking somewhat of a super human, and that what works for them is extremely counterproductive for the mere average genetics trainee who's not on drugs. Therefore, most of what's on that book doesn't apply to a natural trainee. I think this is why _-_v_-_ said that.
    Last edited by restless; 12-11-2002 at 03:54 PM.

A Fortnight Dead
    Thanks, restless. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Exactly. What "worked" for Arnold, for example, will not, in all likelihood, work for you.
    "human kind/
    Cannot bear very much reality/
    Time past and time future/
    What might have been and what has been / Point to one end, which is always present."

-T.S. Eliot. "Four Quartets."

"Redistribution [of wealth] is in effect far less a redistribution of free income from the richer to the poorer, as we [had] imagined, than a redistribution of power from the individual to the State."
    -Jouvenal

Fear me, I am the bandersnatch.
    -Paul Stagg

_Brawn_ or _Beyond Brawn_ would be a much better book for a beginner. You can get them on Amazon, the author is Stuart McRoberts.

Wannabebig Member
    well cheers guys that would exsplain y when i used 2 use the programs i over trained 2very easyly. i stopped because of this and using what knolage devised 1 of my own. but i woz mearly pointing out the rather large diet section,basic exercise discriptions,and over all knolage of the sport da book has 2 offer i guess i should of pointed this out silly me thanq 4 da book tip Fuzz i'll send off 4 it as soon as i get home.