The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    hmm, I like to be big!!!

Westside Bands + Chains?

Now I've heard these things are effective, but would are they really worth purchasing for a home gym? Are they that damn important or are they just ok and not too necessary, I have a good amount of money and spending it on some more weights and bands and chains and stuff would be sweet.
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Up to you.

I train WSB, and do not use chains or bands. I plan to buy bands soon, though.

It's really just a cost/benefit for you.

I don't think they are necessary, though.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Not necessary, but I am a believer that they are effective. I have both and use them pretty regularly for one thing or another. Many people have had great success with them. If they are affordable, go for it.
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 515 SQ 295 BE 570 DL.....1375 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    515 SQ 302.5 BE 585 DL

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    sweet, any suggestions on how to use it other than the basics of course? To my understanding I just simply tie the bands(I only bought bands, no chains yet) to the bench when i bench, and when i squat i tie the squats to the racks.

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    BTW, are they effective if i only max raw, like i dont use a shirt

You can use bands on prety much any lift. Just use your imagination. I use bands for:bench,reverse bench, reverse deads,deads,zerchers,squats,good ams', pushdowns, rows,abs well..you get the picture
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    Can I get some more help with them, i have mini, average, and light bands, If I use them on a lift, do i take off weight? Or do i just throw them on? I'm fairly sure i have to take off weight for the heavier bands, but still any more advice would be great.

[i]zerchers [/B]
    Off topic, but whats a zercher?

Jack's Utter Surprise Saturday Fever's Avatar
    With bands on the bar you'll be using less 'weight' because the resistance will change throughout the lift. Unless you're doing reverse bands, then you might be using more weight.
    Last edited by Saturday Fever; 12-24-2002 at 01:18 PM.

How else you gonna squat this explosively?

5 megs - Right click and save to your computer before viewing thanks
    http://www.members.optushome.com.au/..._18Nov2002.mpg

Squats are pretty light - ranged from 40-60% of my 1RM, with 130lbs of band tension up top and none right at the bottom
    Without the bands - the bar would fly off my back.

I don't do Westside but I use the bands for my own training

Train fast - be fast
    Last edited by Blitzforce; 12-24-2002 at 03:59 PM.

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    damn thanks blitxforce