The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Avatar's mini cutting phase - journal v.1

An intro and some info

Well I'm back. I'm starting this journal today and sorta re-starting my cutting cycle. I find when doing an online journal, my motivation to succeed is higher.

Recent bad eating habits over the past few months (thanks to college life ) has kept me at about 15-16% I gather. I'm out of school on holidays until January 6th, 2003, so there is no reason why I can't lean up a bit before then.

Today is December 16, so I'm going to plan this cutting phase to last 4 weeks (28 days), and end on January 12.

My #1 New Years resolution is to focus on bodybuilding more than ever, and I'm starting today. In the last year I've gained no muscle mass at all, which is unacceptable. Looking back I spent probably 8 out of the last 12 months cutting and only 3 or 4 months bulking, which is the main culprit. Its time I get a bit more serious.

Every night before bed I'll post how the day went, along with what I ate down to the gram, and any training that occurred (or lack of).

I found over the summer I was able to stick to my diet better when I had 1 or 2 refeed days each week. I'm going to start doing the same again.

Finally, you'll notice in the title it states "v.1". What this means is after every mini-phase in this year, and next, I will re-start a journal. If I break up my year into many smaller phases, I feel I can put more focus into each. Therefore, this journal will conclude when I'm pleased at my bodyfat level. From there, it will shift into a slow-gain diet, where I'll try to gain no more than 2-3 lbs / month. But I'm getting ahead of myself here.

Questions, comments, words of wisdom, and constructive criticism is always welcome in this journal.

So with all that out of the way, lets begin...
    "They will spend their nights dreaming of six-pack
    abs and a rock hard physique, little do they realize eventually we will reach
    our goal and they will be dreaming of the body we walk around with every
    day…only then will they understand." -- Severed Ties

"There are 6 billion people in this world, and I'm #1." -- me

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

December 16, 2002

Day 1 of 28
    December 16, 2002

Diet:

Meal 1: 2:00: 50g Oatmeal (190,33,7,3.5)
    2 scp Simply Whey (110,3,22,1.5)
    10g Peanut Butter (64,1.8,3,5)

Calories = 369
    Carbs = 38.5g
    Protein = 30g
    Fat = 10g

Meal 2: 4:15: 2 Whole Eggs (183,1.2,12,14)
    12 Tbsp Egg Whites (94,1.6,20,0)

Calories = 277
    Carbs = 2.8g
    Protein = 32g
    Fat = 14g

5g Glutamine (20,0,5,0)
    Workout: 5:45-6:20

Meal 3 (post-workout): 7:30: 1 Myoplex (280,24,42,2)
    50g Banana (46,12,1,0)
    30g Dextrose (120,30,0,0)

Calories = 446
    Carbs = 66g
    Protein = 43g
    Fat = 2g

Meal 4: 9:00: 5oz Salmon (258,0,36,11.5)
    3/4 cup Brown Rice (165,36,3,1)

Calories = 423
    Carbs = 36g
    Protein = 39g
    Fat = 12.5g

Meal 5: 11:30: 100g Tuna (116,0,27,1)
    6 tbsp Egg Whites (47,0.8,10,0)
    2 tsp Udo's Oil (135,0,0,15)

Calories = 298
    Carbs = 0.4g
    Protein = 37g
    Fat = 16g

Daily Total

Calories = 1833
    Carbs = 144g = 31%
    Protein = 179g = 39%
    Fats = 54.5g = 27%

Comments: I'm shooting for 1900 calories / day with a 30/40/30 split on weight training days. Today's calories were a bit low because I woke up at 2pm today, due to not getting home home from work until 5:30am this morning. Still got over 8 hours at least.

I ordered 2 bottles of Yohimburn DF tonight. Expensive ****. I'm excited to try the stuff out though. I'll primarily be using it on my face, and lower abs. I just hope it doesn't take too long to arrive, so I can get a good lil cycle of it going before I stop cutting.

Currently, I'm taking 4-5 Dym Xtreme / day. I'll probably go off the EC when I commence use of the Yohimburn DF.

------------------------------

Training (Quads, Hams, Calves):

-3 min Bike to warm up
    -Leg Press - 450x3, 400x6, 350x10 (2-2.5 min rest between sets)
    -Leg Ext. - 120x6, 135x6, 140x6, 145x6, 145x6 (1 min rest between sets)
    -Leg Curls - 120x6, 120x6, 120x6, 120x6, 120x6, 120x6 (1 min rest between sets)
    -Seated Calf Press (machine) - 255x6, 255x6, 275x6, 295x6, 315x6, 315x6 (1 min rest between sets)
    -10 min HIIT Bike
    -5 min stretching

Comments: The training that I will be using is "Lactate Threshold Training". After a brief discussion with just_a_pup a few weeks ago, I thought it sounded worthy enough to give it a try. The basics I will be following is a big exercise to start the workout for 3 sets of 3, 6, and 8 reps. Followed by a couple exercises for 6x6 with only 1 minute rest in between.

One thing I haven't mentioned yet is I have a pulled right pectoral minor. The problem I found out with pulling or ripping a pec is it takes FOREVER to heal. The reason for this is clear - the pecs are used for almost every functional movement I make in a day. Even when I breath, cough, or sneeze, it hurts at times. So, I haven't been able to work upper body in almost a week now, and will still need at least another couple days off. I'm starting to see some atrophy, and this is very discouraging, but I'll bite my lower lip and wait out the storm.

None of the sets were really taken to failure today. I had a sharp pain in my right knee during warm-up on leg press. I'm still playing around with the weights, but I'll try and slowly up the leg press again next workout, if the knee will allow me. Your probably thinking, damn this guy is hurt everywhere. Well yep, other than my poor eating habits in the last year, injuries like these have also plagued me and have held me back significantly. Last year at this time I had to take a full month off legs because of this knee problem. Not much I can do though. My joints weren't made for the sport. I'll trudge on, and up my glucosamine supplementation.

Congrats on the new journal and goo luck with the cut. Have you found the glucosamine to be a worthwhile supp for your knee? If so what brand are you using? Thanks for any advice.

I use Optimum Nutrition Glucosamine combo and it seems to be working quite well.

Originally posted by bradley
    Congrats on the new journal and goo luck with the cut. Have you found the glucosamine to be a worthwhile supp for your knee? If so what brand are you using? Thanks for any advice.
    any kind of drug store brand of glucosamine should work. I find its all in the amount taken. When I take 3-4 a day I never get problems, but right now I've been taking only 1/day for a month. If money isn't an issue, take a combination of glucosamine/chondroitin. That works even better.

Journal looks nice Avatar. Good luck in your cutting. Glad you are keeping this rather than me though....looks like it would take over 1 hour to type all that stuff out each time.
    peace-

Craig

Why didn't you get the Lipoderm from 1fast, like i said?
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Originally posted by BennettBoy
    Journal looks nice Avatar. Good luck in your cutting. Glad you are keeping this rather than me though....looks like it would take over 1 hour to type all that stuff out each time.
    Thanks bro. Actually I eat the same almost everyday and keep my records stored in notepad on my system. To alter them each day takes me no more than 5 minutes usually. I spent about 10-15 minutes total on that day 1's post. Mainly cause of verbal diarrhea.

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
    Why didn't you get the Lipoderm from 1fast, like i said?
    I gave it some thought, and the only reason I didn't go with lipoderm-y was there was no diuretics added. And ya I know water retention goes away after 1-2 weeks after using yohimbine..but I despise water retention, so I thought I'd give the DF version a go. When Avant Labs comes out with their Lipoderm-Y Ultra, I'll probably give that a try. Hopefully it'll be out of summer.

The only thing that made me hesitant about purchasing the Yohimburn DF was the damn price. $69 bones for 4oz..

Lipoderm is $45 from 1fast (i think).

You've just spent an extra $24 for the sake of a diuretic.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
    Lipoderm is $45 from 1fast (i think).

You've just spent an extra $24 for the sake of a diuretic.
    *slaps self* something else I just realized. Lipoderm is 8oz. Yohimburn DF is 4oz. Are serving sizes the same? if so, lipoderm is over 2x cheaper...

Day 2 of 28
    December 17, 2002

Well its Wednesday, December 18, at about 9:30am while I type this up. I just got home from a 14.25 hour shift last night. Yes that wasn't a misprint..14.25 hours. The only thing that kept me awake was the 800mg of caffeine I took in throughout the day through meals of Green Tea and EC. After I'm done typing this and I finish eating my oatmeal, you can only guess where I'm headed. I'll get a good 6-7 hours sleep, and then I have another 10 hour shift I gotta pull tonight.

Diet:

Meal 1: 11:45: 55g Oatmeal (209,37,8,3.5)
    2 scp Optimum Whey (110,3,22,1.5)
    1 scp Simply Whey (57,2,10,1)
    6g Peanut Butter (38,1.1,2,3)

Calories = 414
    Carbs = 43.1g
    Protein = 42g
    Fat = 1g

Meal 2: 2:30: 2 Whole Eggs (183,1.2,12,14)

Calories = 277
    Carbs = 2.8g
    Protein = 32g
    Fat = 14g

Meal 3: 5:00: 55g Oatmeal (209,37,8,3.5)

Calories = 414
    Carbs = 43.1g
    Protein = 42g
    Fat = 1g

Meal 4: 8:00: 4oz Chicken (215,0,39,5.5)
    1/2 cup Brown Rice (110,24,2,1)

Calories = 326
    Carbs = 24g
    Protein = 41g
    Fat = 6.5g

Meal 5: 11:30: 1 pack Tuna (101,0,22,1.5)
    20g Almonds (116,4,4,10)

Calories = 217
    Carbs = 4g
    Protein = 26g
    Fat = 11.5g

Meal 6: 2:30: 100g Turkey (135,0,30,0.5)
    20g Almonds (116,4,4,10)

Calories = 251
    Carbs = 4g
    Protein = 34g
    Fat = 10.5g

Meal 7: 5:30: 1 pack Tuna (101,0,22,1.5)

Daily Total

Calories = 2000
    Carbs = 121g = 24%
    Protein = 239g = 48%
    Fats = 62g = 28%

Comments: I was impressed with my diet today. Despite being on the road for over 14 hours, I managed to stick to a strict diet. The times stayed within 3 hours through an entire day, and I now pick up where I left off this morning with another meal only 3 hours from yesterday's last. I'm definately getting a good, constant flow of amino's going on.

Tomorrow I'm gonna shoot for 1900 with a split of 25/45/30 I think. I'm not too concerned if the ratios aren't right on. As long as the calories are within target range. My range being 20 calories either way.

Training:

Off. Chest still sore, but slowly getting better.
    Last edited by Avatar; 12-18-2002 at 08:22 AM.

Hey m8, diet is looking real tight.

I have a question.

At night dont you wake up hungry?At the middle of the night, when you go to the bathroom to take a piss for example?

Originally posted by beastin v6
    Hey m8, diet is looking real tight.

I have a question.

At night dont you wake up hungry?At the middle of the night, when you go to the bathroom to take a piss for example?
    nope I never feel hungry anymore. I think it has a lot to do with what your body is used too. When cutting, I never eat during the middle of the night; therefore, my body doesn't expect it, and consequently, doesn't get hungry. About a year ago, during a bulking phase, I was eating at about 4am every night when I got up for a piss. After a few weeks, when I woke up, my stomach then started feeling hunger, because it was trained that its food time.

Thats good, that you dont eat nothing.
    I have a huge problem of waking up thristry but Instead of drinking water I eat like an animal. I remember, i ate a whole cheese cake, one whole cereal box, pudding, yugort, i know i am hindering my fat loss..but i have a big problem. I am working on it though, like last night I did not eat anything. I just got a small piece of cheese, which i left in purpose. That way I wont eat something else that is even more unhealthy. Since i am on keto, i cant afford to eat carbs at that time of the night.

You cant image how hard it is. I mean, I work me @ss off every day dieting and working out plus doing cardio. To waste away because i get up hungry and cant stop eating. Its really not fun!
    Last edited by beastin v6; 12-18-2002 at 04:22 PM.

Thats good, that you dont eat nothing.
    I have a huge problem of waking up thristry but Instead of drinking water I eat like an animal. I remember, i ate a whole cheese cake, one whole cereal box, pudding, yugort, i know i am hindering my fat loss..but i have a big problem. I am working on it though, like last night I did not eat anything. I just got a small piece of cheese, which i left in purpose. That way I wont eat something else that is even more unhealthy. Since i am on keto, i cant afford to eat carbs at that time of the night.

You cant image how hard it is. I mean, I work me @ss off every day dieting and working out plus doing cardio. To waste away because i get up hungry and cant stop eating. Its really not fun!
    that sounds odd.. whats your weight, how many calories are you eating / day, and how many meals?

if you do wake up hungry why not take in some protein, like a shake or a can of tuna? it'll probably do ya more good than harm. Keeping your body in a positive nitrogen balance is a good thing.
    Last edited by Avatar; 12-19-2002 at 03:58 AM.

Originally posted by Avatar

that sounds odd.. whats your weight, how many calories are you eating / day, and how many meals?

if you do wake up hungry why not take in some protein, like a shake or a can of tuna? it'll probably do ya more good than harm. Keeping your body in a positive nitrogen balance is a good thing.
    I am at 195lb this monring. i eat 1800-2300 calories daily. But this whole, eat at night thing, started back when I begun Lifting. Becuase, I woke myself up at 2-4am to make myself a protein shake.

You know, I should really do the tuna can at night. Before bed I leave it ready so that when I get up hungry I eat it.

peace

I am at 195lb this monring. i eat 1800-2300 calories daily. But this whole, eat at night thing, started back when I begun Lifting. Becuase, I woke myself up at 2-4am to make myself a protein shake.

You know, I should really do the tuna can at night. Before bed I leave it ready so that when I get up hungry I eat it.

peace
    yep try the tuna out and if your still hungry, how about even a salad.

If that doesn't work, I'd be tempted to start trying psyllium husk powder with your tuna. That **** kept me full all the time when I was on low calories over the summer, and best of all, its trace calories.

Day 3 of 28
    December 18, 2002

I woke up to my alarm at 4:30pm this afternoon. I got a whole 2 hours to lounge around the house, before I had to leave again for work. I'm probably gonna live till I'm 120 with all this green tea I drink.

Diet:

Meal 1: 9:15: 55g Oatmeal (209,37,8,3.5)
    2 scp Simply Whey (115,4,20,2)

Calories = 362
    Carbs = 41.1g
    Protein = 32g
    Fat = 8g

Meal 2: 1:00: 2 Whole Eggs (183,1.2,12,14)

Calories = 277
    Carbs = 2.8g
    Protein = 32g
    Fat = 14g

Meal 3: 5:15: 55g Oatmeal (209,37,8,3.5)

Calories = 362
    Carbs = 41.1g
    Protein = 32g
    Fat = 8g

Meal 3: 8:15: 4oz Salmon (206,0,29,9)
    1/2 cup Brown Rice (110,24,2,1)

Calories = 316
    Carbs = 24g
    Protein = 31g
    Fat = 10g

Meal 5: 11:15: 1 pack Tuna (101,0,22,1.5)
    20g Almonds (116,4,4,10)

Calories = 217
    Carbs = 4g
    Protein = 26g
    Fat = 11.5g

Meal 6: 2:15: 1 pack Tuna (101,0,22,1.5)

Meal 7: 5:15: 100g Turkey (135,0,30,0.5)

Calories = 270
    Carbs = 0g
    Protein = 30g
    Fat = 15.5g

Daily Total

Calories = 1905
    Carbs = 113g = 24%
    Protein = 205g = 43%
    Fats = 68.5g = 32%

Comments: Again, another good day eating, considering I had a 10.25 hour shift. I managed to keep my calories within 5 of the mark, and the ratio's were pretty close too.

Training:

Comments: Off still. I may try an arm workout on thursday, and the second I feel pain in my chest, I'll stop the session, and just do 10 min of HIIT on the stationary bike.

Wannabebigger Member seance69ca's Avatar
    seriously su-weet journal. I admire your dedication, Avatar. Nice job with the diet. It's so ridiculously simple, eh?
    Thanks for the inspiration.....I'll be checking back often.
    Circumcision builds character. If you can survive getting the end of your dick cut off, you can survive anything. -- Dan Savage

Stats
    Height: 5'7" l Weight: 170lbs l BF 12% l Shoulders: 50" l Chest: 42" l Biceps: 14.75" l Waist: 33" l Glutes: 39" l Thighs: 25 l Calves: 16.25"

Originally posted by seance69ca
    seriously su-weet journal. I admire your dedication, Avatar. Nice job with the diet. It's so ridiculously simple, eh?
    Thanks for the inspiration.....I'll be checking back often.
    Thanks man. Ya, designing meal plans is sorta my forte.

Feel free to stop by anytime.

Day 4 of 28
    Thursday, December 19, 2002

Got the day off work today, which was nice. I was on call, but never got called in. Got to lounge around all day, and got into the first novel from the Wheel of Times series by Robert Jordon.

I go back into work from about 6pm-4am tomorrow night.

Diet:

Meal 1: 2:15: 50g Oatmeal (190,33,7,3.5)

Calories = 357
    Carbs = 38g
    Protein = 39g
    Fat = 6g

5g Glutamine (20,0,5,0)
    Workout: 3:45-4:30

Meal 2 (post-workout): 5:15: 1 Myoplex (280,24,42,2)
    50g Banana (46,12,1,0)
    20g Dextrose (80,20,0,0)

Calories = 406
    Carbs = 56g
    Protein = 43g
    Fat = 2g

Meal 3: 6:45: 50g Oatmeal (190,33,7,3.5)
    6g Peanut Butter (38,1,2,3)

Calories = 395
    Carbs = 39g
    Protein = 41g
    Fat = 9g

Meal 4: 9:15: 2 Whole Eggs (183,1.2,12,14)

Calories = 277
    Carbs = 2.8g
    Protein = 32g
    Fat = 14g

Meal 5: 11:30: 130g Turkey (175,0,39,1)

Calories = 310
    Carbs = 0g
    Protein = 39g
    Fat = 16g

Daily Total

Calories = 1765
    Carbs = 136g = 31%
    Protein = 199g = 45%
    Fats = 47g = 24%

Comments:

Calories were a bit low because I woke up at 2pm today, and only got to eat 5 meals. I could have upped the calories, but I didn't feel like cramming 5 larger meals. Just doesn't feel like dieting when that happens. If I wake up in the middle of the night, I may have a can of tuna. That'll set me near 1900 then for the day.

Training:

Comments: I went to my gym today and was planning on working arms. During the first set of warm-ups on the preacher curl, I felt my pulled pec slightly, so I played it safe for once, and stopped right away. I settled for 10 minutes of HIIT on the stationary bike.

Day 5 of 28
    Thursday, December 20, 2002

Right now its 4:20am friday morning. I just got home from my shift. Put in a measly 9.5 hours tonight. Since I'm still wide awake, I thought I might as well update.

I'm pleased to announce my Yohimburn DF came in the mail today. I made the first application after showering this afternoon. I put about 1/2 pipette on my face, 1/2 pipette on lower abs, and a 1/2 pipette total on my love handles. When I get down to a lower body fat %, the love handles go away completely. Its really only my lower abs that are the stubborn fat. I'm not at 12% body fat yet, so I may be starting the Yohimburn a bit early, but since I may only have 3 more weeks left for this cutting phase, I wanna get the most out of the time I have. Anyways, I'll take Saturday and Sunday off the product, and then on Monday go on a 5 days on/2 days off Yohimburn cycle.

Diet:

Meal 1: 12:15: 55g Oatmeal (209,37,8,3.5)

Calories = 362
    Carbs = 41.1g
    Protein = 32g
    Fat = 8g

Meal 2: 2:45: 2 Whole Eggs (183,1.2,12,14)

Calories = 277
    Carbs = 2.8g
    Protein = 32g
    Fat = 14g

Meal 3: 5:15: 55g Oatmeal (209,37,8,3.5)

Calories = 362
    Carbs = 41.1g
    Protein = 32g
    Fat = 8g

Meal 3: 8:00: 1 Lean Body Bar (260,18,30,8)

Calories = 260
    Carbs = 18g
    Protein = 30g
    Fat = 8g

Meal 5: 11:00: 1 pack Tuna (101,0,22,1.5)
    20g Almonds (116,4,4,10)

Calories = 217
    Carbs = 4g
    Protein = 26g
    Fat = 11.5g

Meal 6: 2:00: 1 pack Tuna (101,0,22,1.5)

Meal 7: 4:15: 100g Tuna (116,0,27,1)
    6 tbsp Egg Whites (47,0.8,10,0)

Calories = 298
    Carbs = 0g
    Protein = 37g
    Fat = 16g

Daily Total
    Calories = 1877
    Carbs = 107g = 23%
    Protein = 211g = 45%
    Fats = 67g = 32%

Comments: Another solid day. Tomorrow I plan on implementing my first refeed day of this cutting cycle. The way I think I'm gonna swing it is keep calories at 1.5 of what they are for other days the previous week. Therefore, since I'm shooting for 1900 regularly, on tomorrow's refeed, I'll hit 2850. Carbs will be at least 55% (hopefully), protein - 30%, and fats between 10% and 15%. We'll see how it goes tomorrow. For now I think I may keep the refeeds to only once per week. In a couple weeks time, I may up that number to two times.

Training:

Comments: Off again. What else is new? Good news is my chest is feeling better and better everyday. In fact, I hardly felt it at all today. I may try again to get in a delt/bi's/tri's workout tomorrow, and the second I feel discomfort, I'll stop again, and try to pick things up next monday.

Day 6 of 28
    Saturday, December 21, 2002

Had the day off work today, and made it a refeed day like planned.

Diet:

Meal 1: 12:15: 80g Oatmeal (304,53,11,5)
    1/2 cup Cottage Cheese 2% (107,6,15,2.5)

Calories = 534
    Carbs = 63g
    Protein = 46g
    Fat = 9.5g

Meal 2: 3:30: 30g Dextrose (120,30,0,0)
    1 scp Optimum Whey (110,3,22,1.5)

Calories = 230
    Carbs = 33g
    Protein = 22g
    Fat = 1.5g

Workout: 4:00-4:30

Meal 3 (post-workout): 5:00: 1 Myoplex (280,24,42,2)
    75g Banana (69,18,1,0)
    50g Dextrose (200,50,0,0)

Calories = 549
    Carbs = 92g
    Protein = 43g
    Fat = 2g

Meal 4: 6:30: 12" Roasted Chicken Subway (634,88,38,11.5)

Calories = 634
    Carbs = 88g
    Protein = 38g
    Fat = 11.5g

Meal 5: 9:00: 80g Oatmeal (304,53,11,5)

Calories = 419
    Carbs = 57g
    Protein = 31g
    Fat = 7g

Meal 6: 11:30: 80g Oatmeal (304,53,11,5)
    1/2 cup Cottage Cheese 2% (107,6,15,2.5)

Calories = 468
    Carbs = 61g
    Protein = 36g
    Fat = 8.5g

Daily Total

Calories = 2834
    Carbs = 394g = 56%
    Protein = 216g = 30%
    Fats = 40g = 13%

Comments: Pretty much right on target today. As I said yesterday, I would be shooting for 2850 calories, with at least 55% carbs (>392g), 30% protein (214g), and the difference to go towards fats, which would be somewhere between 12-15%. So all in all, a good satisfying day.

Training (Shoulders, Bi's):

Seated DB Press - 50x3, 50x6, 50x8 (2-2.5 min rest between sets)
    DB Lateral Raises - 25x6, 25x6, 25x6, 25x6, 25x6, 25x6 (1 min rest between sets)
    Preacher Curls - 75x1, 65x4, 55x8 (2-2.5 min rest between sets)
    Incline DB Curls - 25x6, 25x6, 25x6, 25x6, 25x6, 25x6 (1 min rest between sets)

Comments: Yipee! Had an upper body workout today! Well sort of one..I tried working tri's too but felt the chest slightly, so stopped the workout while I was ahead. Struggled with some of the weight today and had to drop it a bit. Guess the 2 weeks off, atrophy, and untrained muscles are playing its tole. But hopefully I'm beyond all that.
    Last edited by Avatar; 12-22-2002 at 10:16 PM.

Day 7 of 28
    Sunday, December 22, 2002

Diet:

Meal 1: 11:15: 55g Oatmeal (209,37,8,3.5)

Calories = 362
    Carbs = 41.1g
    Protein = 32g
    Fat = 8g

5g Glutamine (20,0,5,0)
    Workout: 1:30-2:20

Meal 2 (post-workout): 2:45: 1 Myoplex (280,24,42,2)
    50g Banana (46,12,1,0)
    30g Dextrose (120,30,0,0)

Calories = 446
    Carbs = 66g
    Protein = 43g
    Fat = 2g

Meal 3: 4:30: 50g Oatmeal (190,33,7,3.5)

Calories = 343
    Carbs = 38.5g
    Protein = 29g
    Fat = 8.5g

Meal 4: 6:45: 100g Tuna (116,0,27,1)
    1 tsp Udo's Oil (68,0,0,7.5)

Calories = 184
    Carbs = 0g
    Protein = 27g
    Fat = 8.5g

Meal 5: 9:00: 2 Whole Eggs (183,1.2,12,14)
    9 Tbsp Egg Whites (70,1.2,15,0)

Calories = 253
    Carbs = 2.4g
    Protein = 27g
    Fat = 14g

Meal 6: 11:15: 100g Tuna (116,0,27,1)

Calories = 251
    Carbs = 0g
    Protein = 27g
    Fat = 16g

6g Cod Liver Oil Capsules (54,0,0,6)

Daily Total

Calories = 1913
    Carbs = 148g = 31%
    Protein = 190g = 40%
    Fats = 63g = 30%

Comments: Only real difference in diet today is I've upped my cod liver oil capsule intake from 2g to 6g, as per Lyle's recommendation. I added the calories and fat grams intake to my daily total. I shot for 1900 calories today with a basic 30/40/30 split.

Training (Quads, Hams, Calves):

Leg Press - 470x2+1 forced, 400x6, 360x8 (2 min rest between sets)
    Leg Ext. - 150x6, 150x6, 150x6, 150x6, 150x6, 150x6 (1 min rest between sets)
    Leg Curls - 125x6, 125x6, 125x6, 125x6, 125x6, 125x6 (1 min rest between sets)
    Calf Press - 400x6, 400x6, 400x6, 400x6, 400x6, 400x6 (1 min rest between sets)

5 min cool-down on stationary bike
    5 min stretching

Comments: Felt a sharp pain in my right knee again during the second warm-up set on leg press, but felt no pain during the work sets. Kinda weird if you ask me. Upped the weight a little on all my worksets. Not too bad of a workout.
    Last edited by Avatar; 12-22-2002 at 10:17 PM.

Man, daily cals under 2000? You are a masochist.

Here, have some

Seriously, good luck on the cutting. I may decide to cut in my next life.