An intro and some info

Well I'm back. I'm starting this journal today and sorta re-starting my cutting cycle. I find when doing an online journal, my motivation to succeed is higher.

Recent bad eating habits over the past few months (thanks to college life ) has kept me at about 15-16% I gather. I'm out of school on holidays until January 6th, 2003, so there is no reason why I can't lean up a bit before then.

Today is December 16, so I'm going to plan this cutting phase to last 4 weeks (28 days), and end on January 12.

My #1 New Years resolution is to focus on bodybuilding more than ever, and I'm starting today. In the last year I've gained no muscle mass at all, which is unacceptable. Looking back I spent probably 8 out of the last 12 months cutting and only 3 or 4 months bulking, which is the main culprit. Its time I get a bit more serious.

Every night before bed I'll post how the day went, along with what I ate down to the gram, and any training that occurred (or lack of).

I found over the summer I was able to stick to my diet better when I had 1 or 2 refeed days each week. I'm going to start doing the same again.

Finally, you'll notice in the title it states "v.1". What this means is after every mini-phase in this year, and next, I will re-start a journal. If I break up my year into many smaller phases, I feel I can put more focus into each. Therefore, this journal will conclude when I'm pleased at my bodyfat level. From there, it will shift into a slow-gain diet, where I'll try to gain no more than 2-3 lbs / month. But I'm getting ahead of myself here.

Questions, comments, words of wisdom, and constructive criticism is always welcome in this journal.

So with all that out of the way, lets begin...