Thread: me

me

i tried to freezeframe on part of the trailer of the film 25th hour that im in. i dont know if it will work or not.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    heavy metal music is destroying my brain

nothing.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

my friend tried to save it, and added some commentary. please ignore his use of the word "whose".
    Attached Images Attached Images

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    Oooh, Barry Pepper!

I do admire your attention to proper grammar, as well.

cool.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Dude I saw the preview for that today! I almost DIED when I saw you up there! THAT IS ****ING TIGHT!

Is Spike Lee really the racist people say he is?

i know i was pretty gassed when i saw it too. if the few lines i do i have in it dont get cut out, ill be even happier.

he treated me with respect, i cant vouch if he racist or not, the crew made up a mix of races, so i dont think he hires certain people on the basis of race. he seems to be all business though. although i did see him laugh like once in 14 hrs.
    Last edited by johnny123; 12-19-2002 at 09:21 AM.

a casting director got my picture and called me, also because im in the union and they needed union people that fit my description.

Down with the union!!

So did you cheat your way into the union or pay?

Or did you suck your way in? I'm not accusing hey hey heeey now there Johnny, dont get so riled up. It happens.

BTW....I write and act, I just finished about 7 months at Cliff Osmond's acting studio in San Fran, if I move down south, which I probably will after college, I'll continue classes down there. He's incredible.

i got 3 SAG vouchers from working on the movie "A Beautiful Mind". at the time in NY it cost 1284$, but i made a but more than that working on the film. I pay my dues and my 1.8% twice a year.

there a few agents and casting directors in SF. check out the Ross Reports, they may have it at a bookstore, or you can order it. it has all the agents, casting directors, studios, etc. comes out monthy.

casting directors and agents like to see formal training on a resume, so keep up with that.

as for the union, im a little down on it myself. its good protecting your rights and making sure you dont get ripped off my production. but its health benefits guidelines are making it more and more difficult to get them.

but if you want to work in TV and Film/commercials (not soaps and other things filmed on video) its a great union, and sometimes the only way to even get considered for a decent part, or a non descript part sometimes.

i worked on the show "Ed" for 3 years on and off. some weeks id make a grand, the same non union person would make 200$ for the same amount of time and work. times like that i know it was worth joining.

Heh..my friend James Cotton did a lot of work on Nash Bridges(pretty much every actor in SF did) and 'the Precinct'

I am going to give the lady at Top Talent a call, she actually has gotten James a lot of work, and she is intested in taking on me as well, so I am going to send her a headshot, etc. She actually came to the studio one month, before I had any training really, and asked me if I had an agent. So....being the moron I was at the time, I didnt do anything about it. But now that I'm matured both artistically and physically, I'm going to give her a 'holla'.

SAG....its a damn shame I'm going to have to join it sometime soon. I'll probably have to join the writers, editors, producers, blah, the blah, and the blah blah's unions too. Bastards. I'd say that I agree with your 'worth joining' statement if there was really any choice involved in the matter, since you obviously need to make a living at it.

And soaps suck...the writing...GAH!

are you eligible to join SAG yet? took me like a year and a half to get eligible, i know some guy who was trying for like 12 years to get in. they are supposedly trying to pass a rule doing away with the 3 voucher rule, i guess to slow the influx or SAG actors since there isnt enough work to go around. then again SAG wants $ so who knows if itll even happen.

I'm not even close, bro. It may take a while...I am unable to really audition for anything because I'm a student right now. I could have done an indy picture a little while ago but I was taking it hard by my classes. I'm majoring in photography and I'm going to keep taking those classes during the summer and hopefully the fall semester, so I think I'll have decent marketability.

Not to mention I'm getting totally jacked, and I'm a FAR better actor than Vin Diesel. But..I'm not bitter about a shaved ape being a superstar. Not at all.

if you get the opportunity, do student films, great experience, great for the resume. once you are SAG you cant do them, one thing i regret not doing.

ill bet my life savings you are a better actor than vin deisel as well.

There really arent many student films around Sacramento, really, sadly. I could go for one in San Francisco, but then again, San Francisco is part of the reason I left San Francisco. I absolutely loathed what was being produced by students in my school, I had to go because I would never be taken seriously despite my talent.

Originally posted by Budiak
    But..I'm not bitter about a shaved ape being a superstar. Not at all.
    LoL, I know what you mean. My ex-girlfriend used to be all crushed over Vin Desil. Pissed me the f*ck off.