The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Adding Aerobic Work???

I am currently working out with a good friend of mine. We are doing a PUSH, PULL, LEGS/abs split, one session every week. Usually we lift at around 6:45PM, Monday – Thursday (3 of those days). We want to start doing some aerobic work – the plan is to start off slow: jog a mile at a moderate pace, 1-2 times per week. Then work our way up and if all goes well start to do some HIIT in a couple of months.

The problem is our schedules; we both have totally different hours that we work. So the only time really is 5:30 PM and later Monday – Thursday. Now it is time for the questions:

I really don’t think cardio would be good before we workout, personally I don’t think I would like it and prefer to do it afterwards…..so is there any particular session (Push, Pull, Legs) that would be best to do the cardio work?

Would there be any benefits or setbacks doing cardio directly after legs? Im scared it will hinder strength gains….should I be concerned?

Thanks.
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

cardio after legs....I doubt it will hinder progress, but its just extreemly hard to do. After a leg session my knees are wobbly just walking. i've tried jogging but I just don't have it in me after any good lift. If I was able to do a good cardio, then I would question my lift.

That said it is best to lift and do cardio on seperate days. If not that then maybe lift in the AM and cardio in the PM. If not that than u can do them back to back, but atleast one of the two, if not both will suffer. Can't give em both all u got.

Ecoli die
    :withstupi
    Do your cardio seperate from your workout. Just makes you too dang tired to do <<good cardio>> or <<good lifts>> depending on which you do first.
    Now in pain, only working out the walking sticks.

Cool, both posts make totoal sense. So doing cardio on legs is out for sure. Know what u mean by being exhausted.

I understand it would be best to seperate the lifting and the cardio. I dont think I could get my arse up early enough to do cardio before I go to work. So if I want to stick with it, I would have to do it after I get out of work (better to do something you can stick with right). Can do one session on the day that we dont lift, and then alternate between the push and pull sessions every other week.

thanks for making me realize the obvious.
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison