The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Tennis

Man playing tennis is as tiring as a biatch. Would playing tennis and being on my diet help me to cut really well? I think I will substitute my HIIT for playing tennis certain days. What do you think? Good substitution? I played for 1 1/2 hours today, straight. It's pretty damn tiring. Any know how many calories the average person loses while playing tennis for x amount of hours? Oh also, I was playing with this hot ass chick

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    I soooo wish this was in the chat so I could rip you apart.

I think sports(even one like this) are good for burning calories and getting your heart pumping, but tennis would not be anything like HIIT, so I don't know if it can replace it.
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 515 SQ 295 BE 570 DL.....1375 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    515 SQ 302.5 BE 585 DL

Tennis gets your heart pumping like a motha f-er. It also is harder then damn baseball or softball. I played baseball for 9 years and didn't break half the sweats that you do playing tennis. Do you know what HIIT is? In tennis you are sprinting to get the ball, then walking back to the baseline or going to get the ball. Then sprinting again....HIIT is running for 30 seconds or however long, then walking for however long, running again, etc..kinda the same thing.

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    Kinda, not really. Tennis ends up being more for endurance. You aren't doing short bursts like in HIIT. You will be playing for an hour or 2.
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 515 SQ 295 BE 570 DL.....1375 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    515 SQ 302.5 BE 585 DL

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Hehehe.. You ever played tennis, latty? *wink* If you're good at it, and you know how to play, it can be very much like HIIT (albeit not as formulated). Points can last about 20-30 seconds, then another 15-20 seconds till next point. If you best 2 out of 3 sets with someone, I'd imagine it'd be very much like a long session of HIIT.

bone crusher
    yeah i agree w/ gyno. I like to play w/ my woman and then go HIIT it in the bedroom!@

maybe you soon will be doing the same heathj

haha, alright, thanks, thought so. Hopefully this will help get my damn six pack

It's cardio. It burns extra calories without taxing your system too intensely. It's fine.

Btw, Keith, calling your mom a hot ass chick is illegal in some states.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

I have been playing tennis for about 8 years.You burn about 600 calories per hour.(in game mode,not in training).You'll be ****ing suprised by how it will increase your vascularity,especially in the hands.
    Last edited by Wizard; 07-12-2001 at 03:11 PM.

Well, I have played the last three years, but that is with a ****ty diet. So I am hoping with a good diet on low calories and playing it I will lose bodyfat quick. 600 calories an hour? Damn, that's a lot.

A little story....

A while back, probably about 2 years ago, I was in an ATV accident and I got a compound fracture in my left wrist, and I fractured my left ankle. I was bed ridden for a week, then I finally started moving a bit, and I actually started doing activities.

So, all of a sudden with this fooked up wrist which was in cast along with my ankle I played tennis one day. Well, I was awesome at it. Nobody could touch me in tennis with that broken wrist. My basketball game also improved, but in tennis, damn I was great.

So, naturally I thought that when me wrist and ankle healed I would be even better at tennis. Well, as soon as that cast came off all of a sudden I sucked at tennis, never won a game again.

Moral of story - None, I'm just up at 4:30am and bored, so there you have it, a nice little story.

Originally posted by Cackerot69
    A little story....

A while back, probably about 2 years ago, I was in an ATV accident and I got a compound fracture in my left wrist, and I fractured my left ankle. I was bed ridden for a week, then I finally started moving a bit, and I actually started doing activities.

So, all of a sudden with this fooked up wrist which was in cast along with my ankle I played tennis one day. Well, I was awesome at it. Nobody could touch me in tennis with that broken wrist. My basketball game also improved, but in tennis, damn I was great.

So, naturally I thought that when me wrist and ankle healed I would be even better at tennis. Well, as soon as that cast came off all of a sudden I sucked at tennis, never won a game again.

Moral of story - None, I'm just up at 4:30am and bored, so there you have it, a nice little story.
    Point of the story is.......DONT bend your wrists. Keep them locked and u will be better.
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison