Page 1 of 137 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: ElPietro's Journal

Ok need to get my a$$ in shape here. Starting a journal without too much personal info. Need to get measurements taken. Weight is approx 250lbs @ 5'11". Not fat but bulky, so immediate goal is just to start liftin regularly and weight will drop. 240lbs by end of august is the first goal to hit. Only other stat I can remember is biceps around 17.5 inches. Chest and shoulders need lotta work. Legs will become a larger focus.

Too lazy to post routine right now. If I need it, it's buried somewhere in the training area.

Just starting out so weights will change quite a but but approximates are:

chest/tris

Incline & flat bench: using 60lbs DBs for 3x10
    35lbs free weight flys
    80lbs ez-curl on skull crushers 4x8
    whatever the rack is for tri pushdowns

back/bis
    'round 160lbs close grip pull downs 4x8
    70lbs DB single arm row
    deadlifts 130x10/230x10/230x10/280
    DB preacher curls 40x8/35x8/30x8/25x8
    Hammer curls (bi's dead at this point in the workout) 4x8 of 25-30lbs

shoulders (suck ass due to past hockey injury)
    military press 80lbsx10/100x10/100x10
    lateral raises 30lbs DBs
    vertical rows 110lbsx10/90x10/90x8
    shrugs 80lbs DBs 5 sets of 10
    reverse cable ext 3x10

bah past 4pm time to leave werk and goto cottage...finish posting monday.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Worked out today on lunchbreak. Did chest/tris.

Felt great afterwards, other than my muthafu*kin sunburn killin me.

Anyway just a quick post.

Got up to 70s for 8 reps db flat bench press. I'll try 80s next week. I guess good motivation is when some bastard is using 3 sets of dbs in the range i want and i get angry and go higher.

Used regular weight for the rest.

Back/Bi's tomorrow. Deadlifts *cringe* Let's see if I'll be...un-sore by friday.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Ok skipped out in the morning, then skipped out at lunchtime...forced my ass to go after work.

Had a pretty decent workout, back/bis.

back:
    Started with close-grip pulldowns:
    10x130 (warmup)/8x150/8x160/8x170
    single hand dumbell rows:
    3 sets of 80lb dumbells one arm at a time (almost passed out)
    stiff deads:
    8x140 (warmup)/8x230/6x280/2x300(grip failed, dropped bar) (almost threw up/passed out)

biceps:
    single dumbell preacher curls:
    8x35lbs each arm/8x35/10x25
    hammer curls:
    3 sets of 25lbs dumbells (arms were wasted well before that)

I'm hoping that I don't wake up tomorrow, as I know the pain will prolly prevent me from walking to the bathroom. I guess that's what this sport is all about...another successful trip.

Tomorrow I think I'll rest, as I have martial arts at 9pm and am not looking forward to kicking with my hammies holding me back.

Thursday will be shoulders.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Ok martial arts was a MOTHERFvCKER last night. Went in early to train on my own...tried to keep hydrated as best as possible. Maybe went too hard because I overheated during my lesson and started feeling dizzy. Probably had something to do with the 2 xenadrines i popped earlier. *Note to self: One xenadrine next time, and mo wata.* I musta dropped 1k calories though so was good cardio. More martial arts tonight and tomorrow is the advanced two hour class. I will use today as a rest day as it should be shoulders and if i did that today i wouldn't be able to lift my arms 30 mins into class.

Tomorrow I will do shoulders and MA then it's off to the cottage again and work on that burn...i mean tan.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Did shoulders yesterday. Thank god the gym is air conditioned. 31 celsius with ultra high humidity isn't my idea of fun.

Did my standard boring-ass shoulder workout.

military press on machine...(doesn't feel right for some reason)
    can't remember exact weight...need to start using db's, machines blow.
    lateral raises 3 sets of 8 with 30lbs dbs.
    vertical rows 1x8 90lbs/1x8 110lbs/1x6 120lbs
    rear delt cable pulls one arm at a time(really feel these)
    4 sets of 8...25 or 35lbs can't remember
    side dumbell shrugs...pause 2 seconds at the top
    3 sets of 8 @90lbs dbs, 2 sets of 8 100lbs dbs

shoulders still suck ass...i dunno if it's from my hockey injury that they've never recovered or not...doc said 70% for the rest of my life but never really noticed...mebbe change things up soon.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Today was back/bis day. As usual this is my most intense day.

Changed from close to wide grip lat pulldowns:
    130x8 (warm-up)/150x8/170x8/180x6
    Then single arm dumbell rows:
    3 sets of 8 using the 85lb dumbell
    Then moved on to Stiff-legged Deadlifts: *cringe*
    140x8(warm-up)/230x8/280x6/320x3

biceps:
    single arm preacher curl:
    did drop sets...started with 8 reps using 40lbs db, then 8 reps 35lbs, then 12 reps 25lbs
    hammer curls:
    3 sets of 8 25lbs dbs

well i was ready to puke/pass-out at the end so I went home had a steak, then rested for 30 mins...then off for an hour of martial arts.

...never again...

Current FFFA Enforcer

Alright, making a serious change to my program to accomodate my lazy..i mean busy ass. Changing to a push pull split cutting out some exercises as I see fit. I'll see how well it works and go from there...also going to make a good attempt to drop some pounds...i will add more cardio pay more attention to diet and not fret over losing some muscle...i will put more emphasis on martial arts as well...

Ok monday was the start of 'push':
    decided to try barbell bench press as shoulders will be a focus this workout also.

chest
    -------
    bb bench:
    8x135 (warm-up)/8x185/6x205/2x225
    pec dec 3 sets of almost the whole rack not sure of weight

shoulders
    -------------
    machine military press:
    3x90-100lbs
    lateral raises 3x8 30lbs dumbells

triceps
    ---------
    skull-crushers:
    3x8 of 90lbs ez-curl welded barbell (don't think bar weight is included)
    tricep extensions:
    3 sets of almost the rack - the rack

25 mins of treadmill post workout

...well i'm limping today as i dropped a 25lbs plate on the top of my foot...i guess with no broken bones it's a cheap lesson in paying some FU*KING attention to what you are doing...

Current FFFA Enforcer

Ok saturday was back/bicep/traps day. Felt kinda weak and my workout wasn't that great.

Back:
    ------
    Lat pulldowns:
    (widegrip)
    10x130(warmup)/8x150
    (close-grip)
    8x170/8x180
    Dumbell Rows:
    3 sets of 8x85lbs

Biceps:
    ---------
    single arm db preacher curls:
    8x40/8x30/10x25
    hammer curls:
    3 sets of 8 of 25lb dbs

Traps:
    --------
    Dumbell Shrugs:
    4 sets of 8 of 95lbs dbs

Then hopped on a bike for 15 minutes to finish off.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Today was "push" day. Wish this damn hot/humid spell would fookin end. 39 celsius with the humidex is getting to be a b!tch.

Started with Chest:
    ---------
    Barbell Bench Press:
    135x8 (warmup)/185x8/205x8/225x5.5/235x2.5

Pec Dec:
    110x8/120x8/130x8

Shoulders:
    -------------
    DB Arnold press:
    40x8/30x8/30x8 (I think my shoulders will suck ass forever, or were pre-exhausted from bench)

DB Front Delt Raise:
    3 sets 8 of 20lbs dbs

Triceps:
    ----------
    Skullcrushers:
    2 sets of 8 of 90lbs plus ez-curl (had a splitting headache so I stopped for a while then moved on)

Tricep Pulldowns:
    rack -2 plates x10/rack -1 plate x10/rack x10

Then hopped on the treadmill for 25 mins.

Current FFFA Enforcer

*dusts off journal*

Ok I guess I better start doing this shiat again. It's been awhile since I've regularly been working out but I'll post my new routine and results from my last workout.

I have moved to a purely push/pull split of 2 or 3 times per week.

For now I will begin on shoulders with my push routine to accomodate for poor performance due to an old injury.

Push:
    -------
    Military press - Machine for now
    DB Lateral Raises
    DB or BB Bench Press
    Free weight flys or pec dec
    ez-curl bar Skull-crushers
    Squats - smith machine for now
    seated calf raise

Pull:
    -----
    Stiff-legged deadlifts
    Single arm bent DB rows
    DB Shrugs
    Hamstring Curls
    DB Hammer Curls

Ok I've done a push workout on monday which went pretty well. Got out of the gym well under 2 hours taking plenty of rest between sets.

Thursday I went in for a pull workout and stuck to the program.

SLDL - Haven't done these in a while so I didn't want to kill myself, but still didn't do to poorly.

Two quick warmup sets of 8 reps @ 130lbs.

Then 8 reps @ 220lbs, 6 reps @ 270, and 4 reps @ 290. I felt like I could still do a couple more at 290 but didn't want to kill myself first day into the program.

Single arm bent-over DB Rows - 3 sets of 8 using a 75lb DB.

DB Shrugs - can't quite remember reps 8-10ish of 85lb DBs.

Hamstring Curls - Think it was set at 50 or 60lbs and did 3 sets of 8. Hams were burnt from SLDLs.

DB Hammer curls - Arms were burnt but squeezed out 3 sets of 10 using girly 25lb DBs.

All in all I'm satisfied with my routine and first days performance. I should easily get over 300lbs on SLDL next time out for reps and will switch up on a monthly basis between SLDL and conventional deads. I may tweak the program a bit, but overall I think it'll work and accomodate my limited time due to thai boxing and hockey.

On a general health note, I am into my third full day being smoke free and on wednesday just after one day of no smoking noticed significant improvement in my thai boxing performance. I think in another 2-3 weeks I will start sparring quite a bit. I will re-evaluate my conditioning for taking the "Bull" test. For future reference there is "Bull" which opens you up to sparring, "Tiger" not sure what this allows you to do...and the "Fighter" test which allows you to represent the school in tournaments. I think one year is a reasonable goal to attain fighter status although I will aim for 8-10 months to reach this goal.

I think due to increased activity I have shed a bit of weight...appearance-wise there is slight improvement and although I didn't weigh myself in the morning the night before it appeeared that I had lost 5 pounds or so. I would estimate my weight at between 240-245lbs currently. I'll set a short term goal of 230lbs by my birthday in mid feb. Again not too aggressive so I hope to be at 225lb if things go according to plan.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Ok I skipped posting my last push workout but had a good pull workout yesterday.

SLDL:
    6x130/6x130/8x200/6x270/3x320 I coulda gone to about 5 reps of 320lbs but didn't want to kill myself before my workout began, and I still needed some back leftover to remove all the weights.

Single arm DB Row:
    3 sets of 8 using 75lb db

Hammy curls:
    8x60/8x60/10x50

DB shrugs:
    3 sets of 8 using 90lbs DBs
    1 set of 10 using 70lbers squeezing and holding on the last two reps.

Incline DB Curls:
    3 sets of 10 using pussy dbs

Hammer Curls:
    2 sets of 10 using pussy dbs

Finished up with a short 10 minute stroll on the treadmill.

My traps were pretty flared out at the end of the workout and caught some ppl lookin at me outta the corner of their eyes...felt a good pump and since pumps are what we are after I'd say mission accomplished.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Ok forgot to post a few of my workouts since my last.

Had a pretty good workout the other day.

Pull:

SLDL: 8x130/8x130/8x220/6x270/4x310
    Ppl eye me like i'm some psycho though...I don't think i've ever seen anyone doing SLDLs at my gym before...

Single arm DB Row: 3 sets of 8 using 80 or 85 lbs dbs can't remember now.

DB Shrugs: 3 sets of 8 using 90lbs DBs and then one set of 8 using 70lbs DBs.

Biceps: Bis were already burning but got through two sets of incline DB curls along with two sets of hammer curls.

Hamstring curls: 10x60/10x70/10x60 not sure what's going on here...although i've never seen anyone set this machine higher it seems like strength has never really improved...I'll have to monitor it more closely, or maybe they are just exhausted from SLDLs...

Did about 15 minutes of cardio at the end and 5 mins of stretching.

Think I'll try and get a push workout in today. But I'll have to drop the squats I think as this is only recovery day 2 and my SLDLs are still haunting me...

Current FFFA Enforcer

Oh, diet has been sh*tty and will be my primary focus now, as I realize no matter how much I lift I will not get where I want without adherance to a better eating plan. Just watched blade again on the weekend and my eating/training habits remind me of the ending saying, "some muthaf*ckas are always trying to skate up hill..." or some shite like that...

Bought a new box of nitro-tech bars to keep in the office for those times I am starved and go to the bagel lady, or early lunch...or timbits the fockers keep bringin into the office.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Had a pretty good workout the afternoon of new years eve. Took a bit longer than I had hoped but got a lot of work done.

It was Push day.

Chest:
    DB Bench Press: 8x60lbs/8x60lbs/8x80lbs/6x80lbs DBs.

DB flies: 3 sets of 8 using 35lb dumbells

Tris:
    skullcrushers: 3 sets of 8 using 75lb ez curl... gonna jack this weight up much higher next workout...

cable ticeps extensions: 3 sets of 8 using one or two plates less than the whole rack

Shoulders:
    Military Press Machine: 10x90/10x100/8x110 My shoulders still suck...they haven't ever really been strong ever since a hockey injury way back. Mebbe I'll focus on low rep strength training and see how they respond.

DB Lateral Raise: 3 sets of 10 using sissy 25lbers...

Hip inductor and abductor (or whatever they're called): did 3 sets of 15 for each...yes the machine you mainly see women on. Although, yesterday there were actually guys on it. I was gonna start usin it anyway as I didn't see any ankle straps for the cable machines. My legs are strong but the muscles in the hips aren't very good, which is causing fatigue to set in quick when kicking in MA.

Didn't want to do squats as I was still sore from deadlifts and will be trying to get in a couple sessions of kickboxing this week. So went on to calf raises.

Calves:
    Standing calf raise: Not sure how much the metal support crap is that you lift but I'll just list the weight I added.

Did about 3 warmups between 90-300lbs.
    Lost track of the total sets...may have done too many...i usually do seated calf raises but thought I'd do standing so was figuring out the weight.

Did I think 3 sets with 500lbs added and 2 more at 550lbs. I rarely have sore calves and they are sore today so... *pats self on back*

Finished off with 15 minutes on a stationary bike. Quitting smoking must really be helping. I always had problems with the exercise bike and I would feel lactic acid buildup within 5 minutes and would struggle to get to 10 minutes. Yesterday I went 15 minutes pretty easily and at a much higher RPM level and without having to slow down or anything and only a bit of burn in the quad. Who knew smoking was bad for you...

This week the focus will be on diet. If I break down and go out for lunch it will only be somewhere where I can get a grilled chicken salad or something...

Wednesday and Thursday will be rest days from weightlifting, but will do some kickboxing tomorrow on my own and then join the class on thursday...new bag gloves should save my fists too.

Well I have my plan laid out...now I just need to do what I say...

Current FFFA Enforcer

El Pierto - tu hablas espanol? Shiat I can't make the special n.
    "In the grand scheme of things, both things are quite superficial(obsessed with being muscular&ripped and incredibly strong). And yet lifting can teach you so much. My time at the gym--at least when I'm lifting--is invariably the high-point of my day. There aren't any questions; I almost don't even think. I go into an almost meditative trance-like state. Day-to-day worries become insignificant. I'm focused solely on the weight, and my reason for existence is clear. To move the bar and to improve on what I accomplished last time. Seldom are things so simple." - Blood&Iron

"Most people cannot understand what burns in our blood, the gym is our addiction and iron is our drug. People don't understand why we commit hours a day to a goal where progress is so small it seems immeasurable, why we do cardio instead of watch TV, why eat 6 meals a day, why we insist on ordering diet soda or how we can drink skim milk. Most people will simply never grasp why we refuse to settle for a mediocre body." - Severed Ties

Originally posted by Marcel
    El Pierto - tu hablas espanol? Shiat I can't make the special n.
    Nope, no spanish in me. Although I'd love to be into something or I gues I mean, someone spanish. Mmmm....latin women...

Current FFFA Enforcer

Oh ok bro. And yes Latin women...
    "In the grand scheme of things, both things are quite superficial(obsessed with being muscular&ripped and incredibly strong). And yet lifting can teach you so much. My time at the gym--at least when I'm lifting--is invariably the high-point of my day. There aren't any questions; I almost don't even think. I go into an almost meditative trance-like state. Day-to-day worries become insignificant. I'm focused solely on the weight, and my reason for existence is clear. To move the bar and to improve on what I accomplished last time. Seldom are things so simple." - Blood&Iron

"Most people cannot understand what burns in our blood, the gym is our addiction and iron is our drug. People don't understand why we commit hours a day to a goal where progress is so small it seems immeasurable, why we do cardio instead of watch TV, why eat 6 meals a day, why we insist on ordering diet soda or how we can drink skim milk. Most people will simply never grasp why we refuse to settle for a mediocre body." - Severed Ties

Ok felt kinda shitty for this workout...dunno why but I may take out single arm DB rows and replace with lat pull downs instead.

PULL:

Back:
    Stiff-legged Deadlift: 2 warmup sets/8x270lbs/6x290lbs/4x310lbs
    Single-arm DB Rows: 2 sets of 8@80lbs DBs and 1 set of 6. Felt like sh!t.

Shrugs:
    DB shrug: 3x8@90lbs DBs - again didn't feel that great, normally do 4 sets.

Biceps:
    Incline DB curls: 3 sets of 10 using 30lbs DBs.
    Hammer curls: 3 sets of 10 using 25lbs DBs.

Hamstrings:
    Hamstring Curls (machine): 10x60/10x70/6x80 Had no energy left.

DIET:
    I've decided to include diet updates as I post workouts to see if I'm progressing.

Won't list all foods but changes etc.

My diet macros and discussion can be found in the thread "Isometric Diet and Me"

Basic stats are 30/40/30@~2500

Yesterdays macro breakdown looked like this:

source grams cals %total
    Total: 1642
    Fat: 35 312 20%
    Sat: 12 104 7%
    Poly: 6 53 3%
    Mono: 8 72 5%
    Carbs: 86 285 19%
    Fiber: 14 0 0%
    Protein: 234 936 61%
    Alcohol: 0 0 0%

Overall not even close to enough calories. Protein was at the right amount roughly but fat was way low as were carbs.

source grams cals %total
    Total: 2567
    Fat: 86 773 31%
    Sat: 34 303 12%
    Poly: 13 120 5%
    Mono: 26 231 9%
    Carbs: 209 793 32%
    Fiber: 11 0 0%
    Protein: 228 914 37%
    Alcohol: 0 0 0%

This is what my macro breakdown will look like if I finish the protein shake sitting beside my keyboard and have a tub of cottage cheese before bed. I'm much happier with this days worth of dieting. Although, much of the calories came from lunch when I ate out at a japanese tappenyaki place. It was tough to program all that shite into fitday but I covered 95% of it. Basically they fry everything on a cooking table in front of you. So my meal consisted of beef, chicken, rice, although I only ate half now that I think of it. Been sprouts, mushrooms and onions, green tea ice cream, and I ordered an appetizer of beef sashimi (pretty much raw thin slices of beef you can dip in a vinagarette sauce.)

Well This will be a work in progress. I will make changes as I go along.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Ok I had a great workout at muay thai today. Training is really coming along. Still held back by cardio...but with quitting smoking i'm hoping that there is still some recovery to go. Either way I will start looking into increasing cardiovascular fitness...new breathing techniques and overall more focus on proper breathing while I strike. Although, I didn't stay long enough in shaolin KF to learn much qigong I will study further and have a good book to go through and see if better energy focus and meditation can help me with my goals.

Swing kicks are coming along nicely...it's hard to find anyone that will hold thai pads for more than 5 or 10 kicks unless forced to during a class, so have been using the heavy bag on my own. Obviously the power is there in my strikes...technique on punches are good, kicks can improve, should get better when I give more focus to my hip flexors in workouts now. May add lunges into my program to help hips and balance. Shin conditioning is improving at a great rate. I was worried that my power was way outdistancing my conditioning but looks like it's coming back. Supplementing with calcium and magnesium at night along with a glucosamine+chondroitan+msm supp as well, for overall increased bone density and joint health. Also apply thai linament post workout.

DIET:

Very happy with my discipline. I have stuck to my diet 100% since I started. Still trying to get my cals to stay around 2500 or so. Today was great as I will hit all goals except for carbs, and only 19 grams off my goal. Unfortunately I have taken friday off and will be travelling to Ottawa for the weekend. I fear there will be much consumption of alcohol and eating of pizza and vendor sausages. Even bringing along the Molson rep from the bar....could be interesting... I'll try and stick to eating responsibly as much as I can but I expect that the most I can hope to accomplish is keep my cals somewhat reasonable...

Tomorrow is push day.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Ok today was push after work.

Push:

Chest:
    DB bench press 8x50/6x90/8x80/8x70
    DB flies: 8x35/8x35
    Pec Deck: 8x110/8x130

Tris:
    Skull Crushers: 8x90/8x90/8x90
    Tri Pulldowns: 10x rack-3/8x rack-2/8x rack-2

Quads:
    Squats: (using smith machine: yeah I suck)
    8x135/8x220/5x270/5x270 (ok gonna hafta figure something out...mebbe try squats then chest/tris...had no gas when i got to this. I actually checked where the nearest garbage was before my last set in case I had to puke.)

Also for legs I did hip abductor and inductor or whatever they're called. I skipped calves hoping that I will somehow be able to get in a session of muay thai tomorrow before my ottawa trip on thursday.

Shoulders:
    Military Press: (machine)
    10x90/8x110/7.5x110
    DB Lateral Raises: 8x25/8x30/6x30

This workout was 'ok', but too long. Gonna try and re-work a new more efficient program in a bit. Perhaps go back to the old push/pull/legs split if I can figure in another day at the gym without costing my in muay thai.

DIET:

Again diet is solid today. I may be losing weight a tad too quickly...think it's been 4 days and i'm down 3lbs. Not too worried right now though. I ended up going to Wendy's today but managed to keep my meal pretty damned clean. Grilled chicken sandwich with a diet coke. Sandwich is 290 cals with 24g or protein, 8g of fat and mid thirties in carbs. Not a lot of fat so regardless if it's saturated or not...managed to fit it in my diet anyway...so good for me.

Current FFFA Enforcer

I didn't know Wendy's had grilled chicken sandwiches. That's entirely respectable for fast food! Now that you aren't smoking do you have more nervous energy during the day?

Not really...I did for the first couple weeks...and if I didn't manage to get a nicorette into me at regular intervals I'd start getting really irritable, and snap on people over the smallest things. Had trouble sitting at my desk all day too. Then I started using the gum less and less...now I don't use it at all and just chew regular gum if I feel like a smoke. I don't even feel the need to smoke anymore and it doesn't stress me at all either. I've quite twice before for 4 months...and it was different. I'd always know how many days it's been since I had my last cigarette, etc. Now I don't even remember when I quit...although roughly it was 5-6 weeks ago...but I don't count days or think about it at all. It's sort of like I know I'm a non-smoker now versus before when I quit and was hoping I wouldn't start back up again.

Yeah the wendy's sandwich is pretty good...I think i'll use that as a meal every now and then when i feel the need to eat out.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Ok going to change up my routine bigtime and see how things workout. Instead of the long 2 day a week push/pull split I'm going to go with a short but sweet 4 day a week split and see how things go.

All the exercises, except for leg day can be done at my muay thai gym, which has limited equipment.

Day 1:
    Chest/Triceps
    Flat bench (2 warmup sets, 3 sets)
    DB Flies (3 sets)
    Skullcrushers (3 sets)

Day 2:
    Back/Biceps
    SLDL (2 warmup sets, 3 sets)
    Lat Pulldowns (3 sets) [May replace with chin-ups]
    Incline DB curls (2 sets)
    Hammer Curls (2 sets)

Day 3:
    Rest

Day 4:
    Rest

Day 5:
    Shoulders/Traps
    DB Press (2 warmup sets, 3 sets)
    Lateral Raises (2 sets)
    Vertical Rows (2 sets)
    BB Shrugs (4 sets)

Day 6:
    Legs
    Squats (2 warmup sets, 3 sets)
    Quad Extensions (3 sets)
    Hamstring Curls (1 warmup set, 4 sets)
    Standing Calf Raise (1 warmup set, 4 sets)

Day 7:
    Rest

This is my weight training regime. Now I will try to include 2-3 days a week of morning cardio...treadmill, bike, elliptical, stairmaster, I'll try to switch it up a bit. The workouts with the exception of leg day will be done primarily at my thai boxing gym and will be done before thai boxing class. I will try to go 3 times a week. I will also be starting a brazilian jiu jitsu class once per week for now and see how it goes. This program will offer me weight training, along with a good cardiovascular base, along with striking and grappling. I am also considering going back to kungfu, there is a class held once per week on sunday from a reputable seven star preying mantis grand master that I may consider. Although, I may be biting off a bit more than I can chew so I'll see how things work.

I am basically changing my life to revolve strictly around training and combat arts for the next few months and see what progress will be made. I also have hockey and ball hockey to fit in somehow...looks like saturday night will pretty much be my only social night for a little while. Diet will be adhered to and monitored closely. Creatine will start on tuesday.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Ok this week has been mediocre. Training wise it's been ok, but diet wise it's been a bit of a struggle. I eat clean on all meals with the exception of lunch, which I've gone out for fast food all 3 days this week. Anyway, I'll get a handle on that real soon.

Training this week consisted of 3 on 3 ball hockey on monday which was really intense cardio, then muay thai tuesday and today. Classes are 1.5 hours each.

Before class today I did my shoulder/trap workout. I got there late so I rushed it and considering I'm used to a two day split working two smallish muscles was too quick and easy...I guess I'll get used to it. Started creatine....having a 2 day loading phase which tomorrow will be the 2nd day of. Had about 20 grams today.

I will try and get some decent sleep tonight although getting to bed early and falling asleep has been tough. Damn WBB for keeping me up till midnight most nights!

Oh, tomorrow is rest day. Friday is...hmmm...haven't decided...potentially just muay thai with legs on saturday.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Ok had a great workout yesterday and couldn't post it because of stupid cloughface doing techie stuff to the damned place.

Anyway it was leg day. *cringe*

Legs:

Squats: (still on a smith machine )
    8x130/8x220/6x270/5x300

Quad Extension:
    10x210/10x230/10x250 (250 is the whole rack so I've hit the max for that machine)

Hamstring Curls:
    12x60/10x80/8x90

Standing Calf Raise:
    10x270/10x450/10x540/10x610/10x680
    (Ok the calf raise harness thingy can barely hold anymore weight...mebbe a plate or two more...thank god one of the staff started helping me unrack.)

Seated Calf Raise:
    (Using some leverage thing. Looks like a regular seated calf raise device, but has a long arm on which you put the weight on the end so you only need to put like a plate on instead of a ton of plates)

10x45/10x55/10x55

Hips:
    Went heavier on hip abductor and adductor machines. Really felt it when I was done. Basically 3 sets of 10.

Well I had the typical leg day strut at the end, and nearly cried/fell on the way down from the stairs after the shower. Some ppl in the japanese restaurant gave me some weird looks as I mixed a shake on the trunk of my car after I got out.

Friday I had a good 2 hours of muay thai training. Monday is ball hockey again and I'll see how my calves are. I'll add tuesday as a rest day if I'm still sore.

Current FFFA Enforcer