Thread: Im having trouble with my form for.........

Im having trouble with my form for.........

Power pull, snatch grip: 2 x 6

Power pull, clean grip: 2 x 6

Scapular retraction barbell row: 2 x 6

Power clean from blocks: 3 x 5

Smith machine 2 x 10

Barbell Shrugs 2 x 10

Overhead shrugs: 1 x 20

Snatch grip deadlift: 3 x 5

Snatch Cuban press: 2 x 10

This is my current trap routine. My problem is with my form for:

Power pull, snatch grip: 2 x 6

Power pull, clean grip: 2 x 6

Scapular retraction barbell row: 2 x 6

Power clean from blocks: 3 x 5

I am unable to keep my back strait when I am lifting the weight. I start off with great form, and then when I lift, it go's to hell.

How can I improve my form?
    I do not fear the 10,000 kicks you have practiced once; I fear the one kick you have practiced 10,000 times

http://www.trojanwrestling.com/gifs/tgif1.gif

Grasshoppa
    Lower the weight.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

A Fortnight Dead
    Am I to understand that you do ALL that for traps? Good god, man. I do three direct sets of trap work per week and mine are growing fine.
    "human kind/
    Cannot bear very much reality/
    Time past and time future/
    What might have been and what has been / Point to one end, which is always present."

-T.S. Eliot. "Four Quartets."

"Redistribution [of wealth] is in effect far less a redistribution of free income from the richer to the poorer, as we [had] imagined, than a redistribution of power from the individual to the State."
    -Jouvenal

Fear me, I am the bandersnatch.
    -Paul Stagg

If I lower the weight, I don't get the right burn. How else can I improve my form?

I like my current routine, it is verry effective.
    I do not fear the 10,000 kicks you have practiced once; I fear the one kick you have practiced 10,000 times

Grasshoppa
    What do you value more, that you do them correctly or that you feel a burn? I can feel a burn trying to bench 300, but I can't lift it for the life of me.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

The best thing you can really hope to do is either get a coach or trainer to point out somethings as you lift or video tape yourself. Those are really about you only 2 options when doing the compound olympic lifts.

Head on over to Blitzforce's journal. He's been doing some olympic lifting for awhile and he's form is pretty good. He's also got video's and links to some pages where people have helped him with his form. Might be a good place to start if you don't have access to a trainer or video camera.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

You'll end up hurting youself if you don't use the right form.
    Also do you do those lifts firsts? I was wondering if you just got too fatigued, you seem to do a lot for traps.

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Originally posted by InfinitePower
    If I lower the weight, I don't get the right burn. How else can I improve my form?

I like my current routine, it is verry effective.

The burn is not an indicator of muscle growth. In fact, for that matter, it is not really an indicator of anything much. I can get a burn doing 10 lb dumbell curls for 100 reps, but that doesn't mean my biceps will get bigger or stronger, or more defined, or... Shao-LiN has it right. Lower the weight. Tossing around a lot of weight with bad form is going to injure you, sooner or later, and likely sooner rather than later.
    Lower the weight, concentrate on form. When you have that, then increase the weight. Your routine may be very effective, but it will do you no good if you injure yourself and become unable to train.
    Last edited by Songsangnim; 12-28-2002 at 02:53 AM.

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    BTW 19 sets for traps? That's definitely overkill, or will be soon. They don't need anywhere that amount of work to grow. That's more sets than even most professionals do. Do you do the same amount of work for other bodyparts as well, or is it just traps?

free ham sandwich
    those are all great exercises, but i think that volume is excessive

maybe pick 2-3 from that list each time you do traps and rotate the exercises each week

and yeah, perfect the exercise w/minimal weight and then start going heavier

I only do them once a week. So, I focus only on traps for that 1 day. I dunno, but I love working on my traps. My favorite muscle group.

I will lower the weight, and get my form right. Then increase it. But Im still going to stick with the routine, because Im getting awesome results.