Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: for those who know the law - cop issue

Ecoli die
    :withstupi

Psychological tests find distinct similarities in the world views of cops and criminals. Just cops tend to have better morals than criminals.

I personally would never let a cop into my house without a warrant, but I would also never demean what they do nor their importance. After all, they are my agents as appointed by the state.
    Now in pain, only working out the walking sticks.

Originally posted by restless
    I had lots of problems when I was younger due to foolish acts by friends and won't put up with any of that anymore.
    Bro, I miss the days of hell raisin', but in the end, you're right.

I've had a friend start a fight in a bar, get arrested, put in the back seat of a cop car, after which he promptly kicked the back window out. Very fun night.

A month later another friend of mine threatened some smart-*ss neighbors after we got home from a hard night of throwin' back brews (this was college, BTW). He ran out in his red boxers tuttut and told them he'd sh*t on their faces and piss in their skulls. Very cool.

Ultimately, 4, count em' FOUR cop cars arrived at the house looking for him. He hid on the top of the roof, naked except for his red boxers, for about a half hour while the police circled the house, until one of our *sshole roommates (the one who kicked the cop's window out a month earlier) secretly ratted him out and told them where he was hiding.

He stayed home that night, luckily unscathed, except for a verbal beating from an officer.

Anybody else go to Western Michigan University?:alcoholic :alcoholic
    Last edited by Majestic; 12-28-2002 at 09:09 PM.

Majestic you a downstater?
    Agree with Tiare, I want a warrant. But I do respect they put there lifes on line.
    The guy got yelled at for being a jerkoff, big deal. Whinning b*tches.
    I have had legal problems and disliked some cops too. But they serve a purpose and risk there lives. Ya some are on ego trips but I don't see you letting go of your mouse to help anyone.
    Last edited by Berserker; 12-28-2002 at 10:59 PM.

Originally posted by frankm007
    , im clean as can be! 0
    Maybe you should get off your a$$ and live a little, its not a spectator sport.

Originally posted by Berserker

Maybe you should get off your a$$ and live a little, its not a spectator sport.
    it is, and I have
    Last edited by BadKarma; 12-28-2002 at 11:39 PM.
    If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace...
    Thomas Paine

If you're in a fair fight, your tactics SUCK!

Wannabebig Member
    Screw cops, don't give in. They lie to your face just to scare you (yes its legal somehow) and get you to do things that are against your rites. Cops do whatever they want, whenever they want. Park, eat, rest, pick on kids, go on a major powertrip. I have respect for about 5% of cops out there. Dont tell me that they have a rough job. They picked it, they knew what they were getting in to before they signed up. They have a car that tax payers pay for, a gun that we payed for, air conditioning and gas money that we payed for. Yeah they do some great things that I dont have to deal with, I give them that. But they do alot of **** like scaring a drunk kid thats just wrong. Granted he was being dumb, but no damage done, it was a joke. Actually it's not really that much different from pretending to get the kid in trouble for somethign he never did. Anyways, Im vented for now.

:withstupi
    Thomas Paine

firemen have my respect
    Thomas Paine

Wannabebig Member
    oh for sure. Most work for free and put in more hours then your average Joe. Firemen have a really good chance of passing through the pearly gates.

If you bitch and moan about cops, dont expect one to help when some **** is megging you or raping your mother ar girlfriend. Cops have it rough, in todays society is unbelievable to me anyone would become a cop, no matter what your wrong. You should and kill someblack guys out of control pitbull, its a bigger story than when a cop is killed by someone.......complete bull****........ respect cops, they do a job 99% of people are too big of pussies to do.
    ...watch me reap of what I sow....

and BOOM goes the dynomite!

Originally posted by Orange357
    If you bitch and moan about cops, dont expect one to help when some **** is megging you or raping your mother ar girlfriend. Cops have it rough, in todays society is unbelievable to me anyone would become a cop, no matter what your wrong. You should and kill someblack guys out of control pitbull, its a bigger story than when a cop is killed by someone.......complete bull****........ respect cops, they do a job 99% of people are too big of pussies to do.
    a .40 Glock and Second Chance armor- that's my gear. Don't misunderstand me, either. I'm not down on cops. I just think they have to follow the same rules.
    The Constitution applies to everybody equally.
    Thomas Paine

3:16
    i like cops. as for power trips. well if people did not do so many stupid things they would not need to.
    these days to many people are not scared of the police and do stupid things in front of them. like above.
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

Your buddy could have been arrested for disorderly conduct or public intoxication. Personally I would have not even bothered to stop and talk to your friend. I would have just let him walk away and gone about my business. There are far bigger fish to fry than a drunk college guy acting like a fool. If it happened just like you said it did, I would say that the officer over reacted and could possibly get a letter of reprimand in his file for his conduct. My guess is that his story would be a bit different from yours and he would probably not be in any trouble at all.
    I believe that your buddy got off light and should leave well enough alone. If the officer was really on a power trip he would have done a lot more than just chew your buddy out. He would have locked him up. (That's a real show of power) My guess is the officer was having a bad night and let your friend piss him off more than he should have.

yes yes well i know the law and it aint pretty
    its all fun and games until someone loses an eye

that's right shocker ! i agree with you.

me too !

that is nothing, the cops in the united states a freaking saints when it comes to comparisment with norway, greece, russia, what ever, over here they are GODS they can do what ever they want with me, I have been frisked at the subway, looking like a schmuck, robbed of all self respect, when all I have ever carried around is my wallet and a hankey.

And the corruption goes all the way down to street level, yes, even freaking gangs after robbing some old people leaving them in a blood pool can pay theire way out.

The Russian cops, I shouldnt even get started on them, if you are caught doing some graffiti, as red-handed, a kalashnikov will make it fast, dont get me wrong, I am anti-tagging, but some kids have major problems and shooting them aint gonna help them.

Scandinavian tourists, if you are in greece, and get in trouble of some sort....say bye bye to any saftey, the policemen down there have the right to shoot you if you act supicious...., and this is up to every policeman to decide...jeez, they also use tortue methods, I saw a documentary on tv about what happend to a swedish boy who was wrongly accused for doing something, he was beaten up in a middle age style jail for weeks.

and then you got the Turkish cops, I dont even have to go there.

So trust me the united states have good cops doing their jobs and not acting God.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

there is no reason to be afraid of them. they want u to be the more scared u are they lov it.yes, they do put ther life on the line.thats what we pay them for. they are no different thank a bankteller. they are there to service u and keep the law not make the law. im not sticking up for the wrong doers, they can go fck themselves.

I don't know how old you are.. but I guess I can understand why you're so angry. When I was in High school I absolutely hated cops.
    I had quite a few run ins with them, due to stupid **** that I never should have done in the first place. now that i'm through that phase, I can think with a clear head.

Considering how Police officers have to put up with the worst on the continuum of Human behavior almost every day..... I would understand why he would take offense to that. Perhaps the cop was having a bad day, and could have gone without the shenanigans your friend pulled.

Its been already stated that your friend could have been busted for public intoxication or disorderly conduct. There's no reason you should take it beyond this point....

As for those of you who say that "sure cops put their life on the line, but we pay them too".... Why bother remembering the Cops and Firefighters who died in NYC after the 9/11 attacks? After all, they were just doing their jobs... which we "pay them to do" (no matter how little they're paid considering what we expect of them).

Why bother remembering or even giving a moments reflection to those few soldiers who have died in Afghanistan so far? After all, they were "paid to do it".

the fact is that Human life is very precious.. its impossible to attach monetary value to it. There's no way to pay these men who are ready to put their lives on the line at a moment's notice sufficiently. Thats why they deserve respect.
    Last edited by RisingPhoenix; 12-29-2002 at 09:48 AM.

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    If I was a cop, I woulda done the same thing to your moronic friend.

But since I ain't a cop, I prolly woulda walked up to him and said "Hey, what the hell is your problem?" Your friend did do something illegal, the cop simply tried to teach him a lesson. Your friend should have learned his lesson. I hope you did too.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

Originally posted by BadKarma

a .40 Glock and Second Chance armor- that's my gear. Don't misunderstand me, either. I'm not down on cops. I just think they have to follow the same rules.
    The Constitution applies to everybody equally.
    *chuckle* What, .45 too big for you, momma's boy? *wink* Just messin'.

I agree completely. I think the problem with cops in general is that in many cases they have too much power, but in the cases where it matters, they don't have enough.

I don't depend on the police to defend myself or my folks, I do it myself. But I still respect them and treat them with a great deal of it. If everyone out there just minded their own business, the world would be a happy place. But without SOME kind of law enforcement, the few that don't seem to want to live like responsible people can quickly ruin it for the rest of us.

I break the law everyday when I walk out the door. And I certainly don't look like a police officers' best friend. But they have NEVER given me trouble. I treat them with respect, I get it back. I hold doors open for people in general, but especially a cop. I always make a point to say "Mornin', officer." Or "Take care, sir." Or whatever.

The law is there to protect everyone, not just the do-gooders. If I had it my way, if I saw some bastard swipe an old ladies' purse and knock her down, I'd drop him quick with whatever I'm carrying at the time. I don't care if I have to chase him down with a salad-fork, I'd make sure that prick never hurts another person again. BUT, the law won't let me do it. Too bad, eh?

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"

Pearls of Wisdom...

Originally posted by Gyno Rhino

*chuckle* What, .45 too big for you, momma's boy? *wink* Just messin'.

Me I am revolver man. No safety, just pull the trigger.
    10mm not bad developed for the FBI.
    Atleast it isn't a 9mm, I'd be offended to be shot by a trendy ghetto blaster like that.

Heh, true dat. Again, I don't even OWN my own handgun right now, but I am a single-stack, SAonly, cocked and locked kinda guy, straight up. I do wanna get my hands on an HK .45 Mark 23, though. Too big to carry, but I'd like to play with it. I've never played with a 10mm. Who makes the best 10mm on the market (and don't tell me Glock)?

Pearls of Wisdom...

sig sauer
    Thomas Paine

and GR, the 45 is too heavy
    Thomas Paine