The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Last edited by frankm007; 09-21-2004 at 09:40 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Sounds like your friend just pissed off a cop who feels strongly for what he does.

*shrugs*

Seems ok to me.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

Did he take your friend in? If not, I'd say let it be. The guy could've been a lot worse.

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    I'd say your friend was lucky. The cop easily could've found some reason to arrest him. Your friend showed a complete lack of respect for what the cop does, and the cop felt like calling him out. What's the big deal? If it was abuse of power (which it wasn't), you really don't wanna press it. If you do, they'll give you a hella lotta trouble.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

Yup.

Your friend should have a little more respect.

And yeah, the officer could very easily have found a reason to haul him in. That disorderly conduct charge is a wonderfully easy tool for the police to use in almost any situation.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    These days I don't hang around people that do that kind of dumb ****. I had lots of problems when I was younger due to foolish acts by friends and won't put up with any of that anymore.

If he didn't get arrested what are you complaining about? I am sure he could have found something.

In norway you have to spend a night in a cell with no lights or nothing but just a whole in the ground if you try do that, amnesty international are on our tails for that.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

3:16
    amnesty can be a pain in the ar**.

prison should not be nice. they are there as a deteraite in wanting to go there.
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

Yes it was abuse of power. If there was no reason to put him in the back of the car, then that could be considered false imprisonment. Being cursed at is also a lack of professionalism. If the cop really believes in what he's doing HE should show more respect for the people he's working for. What your friend did, as you describe it, is not illegal. If you're in the States, you're still protected under the 1st amendment. You have the right to your opinion as long as it doesn't infringe on other's rights. If the cop doesn't like it, it's time he find a different line of work. Never surrender your Liberty... too many good people have sacrificed their lives for it.
    If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace...
    Thomas Paine

If you're in a fair fight, your tactics SUCK!

Try to tell that to any cop or judge, and see just how far you get.

Bottomline, the guy was intoxicated, and the guy showed no respect to the officer.

You think he'd have a chance in hell of making a complaint? Let's see, he's drunk in public, acting disorderly (yep), niether of which is legal by the laws of most states, and the cop set him in the back of the car to assess the situation. THat's perfectly legal and within his power. Its not a wrongful imprisonment, nor is it an abuse of power.

Its not a matter of opinion. Its a matter of a drunk kid acting like a moron.

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Sure he didn't have to swear, big deal. Think of it as scared straight program. I am a beleiver in freedom and that alot of cops are pricks, but your buddy was f*cking off and got yelled at big deal.
    As far as what so many people have giving up for liberty, what do you that cop is doing?

Your friend showed a complete lack of respect and intelligence. Ooooooh yea thats so funny....I am gonna play punch a police car while a policeman is in it. The guy puts his life on the line daily and thats how you thank him. Next time why not try tapping on the window and say hey I appreciate you being here. I'm sure they don't hear it enough.
    If figureskating was easy they'd call it hockey. me
    If it's important they'll call back. me

The question isn't who is going to let me;
    its who is going to stop me.
    Ayn Rand

And so it begins,
    My eyes wide, yet I see only darkness.
    The world is mine, yet it crumbles with my touch.
    I can touch the stars with my thoughts,
    But the simplest of pleasures denied.
    All things must end they say;
    to end before beginning?
    Tis the sadest loss of all.
    M.P. (poet and author)

"Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolution."

Hey, don't get me wrong- I have nothing against the police. Working part time in a gun store, I have gotten to be good friends with a lot of officers. Still, acting like a moron isn't illegal so far as I know. (and I never said that he wasn't a moron for doing what he did- that was pretty stupid) I am a big believer in personal freedom (and personal responsibility, too) and I think if you let anyone step on your rights, you may as well start living on your knees. Having a background in security, I also have an idea about some things that are not permissible(it was drilled into my head), no matter what you see on t.v. I grew up with some guys that became police officers after high school. I guess they were looking to be in a position of authority because that's how they treat people, now. They talk down to them and generally treat others like ****. The badge doesn't make you a man (or woman), it's the man that makes the badge something to respect.
    Thomas Paine

Ecoli die
    Dang, where I grew up that behavior would have warranted a nice little conversation with the night stick behind the 7-11. Your buddy and the cop were equally a**inine.

Add it up and if you have 10 fingers, 10 toes and nothing broken count it as a win and go home. God bless America or something like that.
    Now in pain, only working out the walking sticks.

maybe you should count your blessings- if you looked dangerous, you may have ingested lead, too
    Thomas Paine

HMM wat u complaing about, if i was that cop, just for the fun of it i would of wooped ur friends ass. lol
    Cutting Cycle 02/04'

Cops are people too. It seems like too many people forget how much sh*t they deal with on a daily basis. Its not too much to ask to show them a little respect.

respect is earned, it can't be demanded
    Thomas Paine

So a guy that goes out night after night, risking his life protecting people that can't stand him doesn't deserve respect.

Gotcha.

Soca King
    Originally posted by PowerManDL
    So a guy that goes out night after night, risking his life protecting people that can't stand him doesn't deserve respect.

Gotcha.
    I agree with you PowerManDL,when you put it like that cops do deserve a lot of respect.Besides you never know the cop you sass off to might be the one who saves your life.

And frankm007,IMO your friend got off easy for acting like a fool. Acting like your kicking a cop's car is like going into an airport and making terrorist comments.In other words it's not too smart

Agreed.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

I didn't see anything wrong with what the cop did.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Totally, dude!
    Neither do I. It's like listening to Foreigner -- you shouldn't feel guilty.

yeah, yeah, yeah. there are a few good cops but most of them are on a power trip. dont try to tell me different cause i have worked out with lots of them