The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

training @ home with a bench & barbells: LATS???

I train at home and my equipment consists of a CapBarbell bench with leg extension plus barbells, dumbells etc. Having no pullup bar or pulley system on which to do pulldowns, I am wondering what you might suggest I use for lat stimulation. The best I have been able to come up with so far is wide grip military press. Suggestions?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Definitely bent over rows! You could also do one arm rows by placing a plate at one end of the barbell and putting the other end of the barbell in the corner of the room.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

I currently do bent-over rows though I feel no lat contraction during them. Pretty much just in the middle and lower trapezius. Should I be doing them in a lat-specific way or am I just plain doing them wrong?

I generally feel a stronger contraction in my lats when I keep my back arched very strong. You should be trying to stick your ass out as far as possible while maintaining the arch.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

like B double C said, keep ur butt out as far as possible....n maybe ur bringin em up to high around ur chest area, try bringin em to ur upper ab area (if ur not already doin that)...just do different grip barbell rows n dumbbell rows.....pullovers can tear ur lats up too
    Skillz

LETS ROLL!
    Hey Hockey player. Check this link out. http://www.exrx.net/

When you get there look at home menu and click on excercise instruction

Then on the left side of the screen click on Exercise and muscle directory, scroll down and on the left side of the screen you will see latisimus dorsi(lats) and click on that.

At the very top of the next page you will see in bold latissimis dorsi click on that

There the page give you variouse exercises for the lats. The one that you can use with dumb bells is call the pull over.

Check it out, i hope it helps http://www.exrx.net/
    1. Do the right thing.
    2. Do it to the best of you ability.
    3. Treat other people as you want to be treated.

What about wide grip military press?
    I do not fear the 10,000 kicks you have practiced once; I fear the one kick you have practiced 10,000 times

http://www.trojanwrestling.com/gifs/tgif1.gif

WG military press is a shoulder exercise.

Try moving your grip in or out on your bent over rows. Maybe even underhanded grip if your doing overhanded or vice versa. Like BCC said arch your back and bring the bar to your abdomen. Sounds like to may be bringing to high up. Don't bring it to your chest or sternum, try even to your waist.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

What about chins? YOu should be able to find somewhere to do chins.

Yeah, when I had the wrong form for bent over rows and brought the bar up to my chest, I felt nothing in my lats. Once I started doing it the right way and bringing it up to my stomach area, dang my lats were killing me. If you're doing it the right way, I don't see how your lats wouldn't be hurting.
    I am cool beyond all natural explanation.