Thread: Dips for chest?

Dips for chest?

I was just curious about something in the WBB1 routine that I am doing. It has dips scheduled for the chest and back day. In the past when I did dips, I feel them in my triceps MUCH more than my chest. I did a little expirementing, and it seems if I lean forward more, it hits my chest better. Was I just using the wrong technique before?
    The only reason I am concerned is that the dips really exploded my triceps. They got pretty big pretty quick after I started doing dips, as oppsed to the regular tri- pressdowns, etc.
    Lastly, would it fatigue them too much if I did dips on both the days I work chest, and the days I work tri's?
    Thanks guys/girls, as always.
    My journal

-As President of the loyal order of Curl Jockeys I hearby proclaim you top Curl Jockey. -ectx

the kid from oz
    what you said is right, im pretty sure anyway

when you are upright it works your Tri's more, but if you lean forward dips work your chest more

Jack's Utter Surprise Saturday Fever's Avatar
    You have 2 chest days AND a wholly separate day for triceps?

No, I do the WBB1. I was asking if it would be overtraining to do dips on BOTH the chest day and the tri day.
    My journal

-As President of the loyal order of Curl Jockeys I hearby proclaim you top Curl Jockey. -ectx

well it depends how close you train each muscle group.. 36hrs or recovery for each muscle group on avg.. Depends how much intensity too.
    Cutting Cycle 02/04'

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    Do you people also find it extremely dificult to lean forward and hit the chest with dips while holding a dumbell on your legs or is it just me? I'm having trouble with this....

Jack's Utter Surprise Saturday Fever's Avatar
    That puts your body at a weird angle. I would invest the $30 in a dip belt as soon as possible.

I think I'd have trouble holding two or three 45's that way. Though I simply must try it next time I dip.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    I'm shure you would....

For me it's more comfortable to put the db between my legs vs. using a dip belt...

Yea, that'd be great. Flyersfan's Avatar
    At what rep range should I move to weighted dips? Is it time to go weighted if I can do 3x8 at bodyweight? I'm nowhere near there yet, but I hope I will be eventually. Oh, and I mainly do them to blast my triceps, not my pecs.
    -Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one conciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather.-

Simplistic
    If you don't want to by a dip belt you can use a backpack.

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    Originally posted by Neil
    If you don't want to by a dip belt you can use a backpack.
    Uuuuuuumm...That would probably solve the problem as it would move the gravity center in the right direction, i had forgotten that option. Thanks.

Wannabebig Member
    I used to use a backpack, but just got my dip belt in the mail. The backpack is ok for the lighter weights, but mine was starting to tear a bit and getting hard to put on. I also think a dip belt would be a better center of gravity ( directly underneath you). Plus something just feels weird about doing pullups with a backpack on (If you do those as well)

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    Well, i'll try the bagpack while i don't get the dip belt. Anyone know any sites in Europe that sells them?