The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Weak Ankles......

I've always had a problem with this.

I have flat feet, meaning, no curve in my foot. My vertical leap is not affected, it is 25 inches. I think that's pretty good.

The thing is, when I do aerodynamic exercises(which I have to do often, because of my martial arts training) my ankles SOMETIMES start to hurt.

Generally they are weak.

When I do jump squats, they hurt afterwards for a bit. Or lift heavy weight, I can hear them crack.

My question is, to how I can strengthen my ankles?
    Last edited by Delphi; 01-04-2003 at 12:32 AM.
    I do not fear the 10,000 kicks you have practiced once; I fear the one kick you have practiced 10,000 times

http://www.trojanwrestling.com/gifs/tgif1.gif

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Jack's Utter Surprise Saturday Fever's Avatar
    Plyometrics. Start easy and progressively work harder over a number of weeks. I have one really bad ankle and plyometrics brought it back from the grave.

Are there any exercises specefic to ancles?
    I do not fear the 10,000 kicks you have practiced once; I fear the one kick you have practiced 10,000 times

http://www.trojanwrestling.com/gifs/tgif1.gif

Re: Weak Ancles......

What kind of shoes do you wear? Lots of high tops? Do you go barefoot often?

The less you rely on shoes to support your ankles, the stronger they will become. So get floppy low tops and go barefoot more.

Originally posted by InfinitePower
    Iv'e always had a problem with this.

I have flat feet, meaning, no curve in my foot. My verticle leap is not affected, it is 25 inches. I think thats pretty good.

The thing is, when I do aero dynamic exercises(which I have to do often, because of my martial arts training) my ancles SOMETIMES start to hurt.

Generally they are weak.

When I do jump squats, they hurt after wards for a bit. Or lift heavy weight, I can hear them crack.

My question is, to how I can strengthen my ancles?

This has been driving me nuts all night long. Please spell ankles with a "k", not a "c." That is all.