Thread: Milk vs. protein powder

Wannabebig Member

Milk vs. protein powder

I think it would be a lot cheaper and easier just to buy a few gallons of milk rather than spending 30$ on a whey protein container.Milk also has good carbs and vitamins and dont see how a protein powder can be a better source.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...2fhc%404ax.com

You could also run a search as this topic has been discussed numerous times.

bone crusher
    protein powder is only meant to supplement an already good diet

it is not a substitute for good food.

that being said, i would purchase a few pounds of milk protein isolate to add to your milk... Milk just doesn't have *enough* protein to be a significant source. It has a lot of carbs and fat(sometimes). There is only 8 g of pro per cup of milk

Always bad with diet
    I love milk the only problem is if I drink a lot (more than one glass), I have some serious stomach problems if ya know what I mean. I used to drink it by the gallon as a kid, but I guess as I get older my body is having problems digesting the lactase. What should I do?

Always bad with diet
    oh yeah, plus the other problem is that it has like 12g sugar per serving!!!!

Originally posted by the doc
    protein powder is only meant to supplement an already good diet

it is not a substitute for good food.

that being said, i would purchase a few pounds of milk protein isolate to add to your milk... Milk just doesn't have *enough* protein to be a significant source. It has a lot of carbs and fat(sometimes). There is only 8 g of pro per cup of milk
    I agree with you, I was thinking he was referring to postworkout.

One crazy MOFO/Mail man
    Lactose intolerant that is why milk = bad =D
    w00t

Milk is awesome.

I used to puke everytime i drank it as a kid. The good old doctor told me to NEVER EVER drink it again, that Im completely allergic.
    What Bull****!

I drink like 4 glasses a day now, and am very healthy.
    I do not fear the 10,000 kicks you have practiced once; I fear the one kick you have practiced 10,000 times

http://www.trojanwrestling.com/gifs/tgif1.gif

Milk rocks!

Originally posted by GonePostal
    Lactose intolerant that is why milk = bad =D
    Soy Milk good, makes for a creamy protein shake too, mmmmmmm...
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

Back at it
    Soy milk is nasty.

Apparently the dairy farmers of the US are considering a lawsuit against soy 'milk' producers because they claim it's not a milk at all, and that the labeling of 'milk' is misleading to customers.

The soy milk producers countered by saying they have never received a complaint about their product being mistaken for real milk.

At any rate, unless you're lactos intolerant I'd avoid soy milk. It's not a complete protein, and if you're looking for something the add a little flavor and extra protein to a shake, stick with milk. 1% or fat free milk is also thinner than soy milk making it more possible to DRINK the shake rather than chew and eat it like what can sometimes happen with soy milk.