The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Deep Muscle Growth

Just lately ive heard alot of people in the Bodybuilding Industry going on about 'deep muscle growth' e.g. Art Atwood, Bob Cherillo, Tom Prince but to name a few.

The theory is that you perform no less than 15 reps per set and it will invoke larger and more rounded (aestetically pleasing) muscles. With this kind of new info being pumped at us what are we supposed to do, or is this a technique that only the genetically gifted and drug users can make use of?

Anyone else heard of it? if so what are your thoughts?

Ron
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

After 15 reps, I doubt there is any muscle growth. So yes, keep your reps under 15, and you will grow.

Deep muscule growth?

Making the muscles 'rounder'?

Under 15 reps?

I think it's a bunch of crap being fed to you to make you think there is some secret training technique to looking like the pro's, as opposed to basic very hard training, remarkable attention to diet, genetics, and drugs.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Your muscle shape is predetermined. You can adjust it's size though. Unless you want to get out a scalpel there's not much you can do about it.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

yeah, thats what i thought, its shocking how much crap the pro's pump out. I feel sorry for those without access to WBB, they will all be using 15+ reps and wondering why they are not growing!
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

After 15 your doing aerobic type exercises

JohnnyB

*cough* B*****T *cough*
    "you are like my yoda." - chops

"you are not like yoda at all!" - chops

"shh...I'm only gay for pay" - ECTX

"no matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max" - bIgHwN86

My Journal

Overtrainer.
    Originally posted by Big-Ron
    its shocking how much crap the pro's pump out
    pump out???

LMAO@ remarkable attention to diet, genetics, and drugs.

Originally posted by ElPietro
    Your muscle shape is predetermined. You can adjust it's size though. Unless you want to get out a scalpel there's not much you can do about it.
    :withstupi