The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: week off

remove

n/m
    Last edited by frankm007; 12-23-2006 at 08:09 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Good question frank,

i suppose its a matter of individual opinion and preference. For me i dont feel inclined to take a week off unless injury forces me out.

My take is that if you keep plenty of rest incorporated in the training week then there is no reason why you cant train year round with the exception of a few weeks for holidays and injury.

If i were you, i would experiment and see what produces the best effects training and pyschologically. Thats what i have done and i would advise the same to you.
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

Keep going as long as you want IMO, just take a break whenever you need it. The idea is to rest and improve your training, so if you fell it won't help, dont take the break.
    Sounds like withdrawal symptoms, congratulations, you're addicted to the gym.
    "I'm gonna die with a dumbell in my hand." - stpatrick44

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 80kgs (176lbs) | BF%: dunno
    --
    BB Bench 1 x 110kgs (242lbs) | Deadlift: 135kgs (300lbs) x 2 | Current Routine: Bodybuilding

I take a week off after every 8-10 weeks whether I think I need it or not. I just do it in order to prevent overtraining or possible injury.

What you need to do is workout when to take your time off from the gym inorder to allow your body to grow and become stronger. For this, you will have to experiment.

Robert

Beware of Attack Ferrets
    About every 3 months I feel I need at least a week off to recuperate. Actually I'm on a break now after screwing up my forearms trying to curl more weight than I should have.

3:16
    i have a light trianing week every 4th week.

i keep the volume the same as normal, but stop like 3-5 reps short of where i normally would fail.

this allows me to recover but not take a step back.
    other people like chris mason use this. but he has a light week more often than me and i think he goes heavier on his light weeks than me as well.
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.