The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Soca King

Bad news for an IFBB Pro

I don't know if this has been posted before,so I apologize in advance

There is sad news to report from NYC, tonight, regarding the health of IFBB pro Orville Burke.

As was previously reported here, Orville injured his elbow, during a photo shoot, following the Olympia.

He was scheduled to have surgery to repair the injury, this week. It would be necessary for Orville to receive a general anesthetic for the surgical procedure.

As is the case for so many BBers with extreme muscularity, Orville has suffered from high blood pressure and an enlarged heart, for some time, and has been under the care of a cardiologist. He also has asthma, which limited his ability to do cardio. He did not tell the orthopedic surgeons who were to do the elbow surgery. But, during the pre-surgery workup, all this was discovered. Orville was declared a non-candidate for a general anesthetic, and the operation was cancelled.

Orville went to his cardiologist, who, for reasons unknown to me, gave Orville a written release to undergo the general anesthetic and elbow surgery. So, Orville was cleared, and the surgery took place.

During the surgery, Orville's heart failed, and, following attempts to restart his heart, he lapsed into coma.

Tonight, Orville remains alive, but unconscious. It is unknown whether he may be restored to consciousness, or the possible extent of brain damage. Surely, his career, as a pro BBer, must be at an end.
    That's a horrid thing to happen to anyone

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

decease, RIP
    big.

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesnít realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell

Some Dude
    gee it couldnt have been those wonderful steroids could it??
    "Intensity for Density!"

The story is not true! He did get injured and was operated on, but he did not go into a coma.

Zilla
    5'11 228 lbs arms 17.5 chest 44
    bf 12%

The chill in the air is me cyclone's Avatar
    Originally posted by zillamonster
    The story is not true! He did get injured and was operated on, but he did not go into a coma.

Zilla
    again......http://www.flexonline.com/flex/brea...2/burke_in.html
    If you're going down.....go down swinging.~ me

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.~unknown

she is very nice, we had sex first, then spoke later, I liked that.~Rock

I stand corrected. Someone put up on another board that he had an astma problem and had some breathing problems after the operation. I will try and find that post.

Zilla
    5'11 228 lbs arms 17.5 chest 44
    bf 12%

is he gonna die?

I like the qoute about "as is the case with many bodybuilders with extreme muscularity....suffered from high blood pressure and an enlarged heart". Why not say, "due to the fact that is takes a boatload of pharmaceuticals in order to look like the freaks of today, these men greatly jeopardize their health...". I mean please, why not call a spade a spade? That is the bane of the whole industry. The "little white lie" where they never allude to the fact that drug use is unhealthy, and that the pros today are living on the ragged edge of life and death. Thus causing all of those not in the know (read: teens and adults) to actually believe that those guys are healthy, or that they are not drug users.

Wannabebig Member
    Originally posted by chris mason
    I like the qoute about "as is the case with many bodybuilders with extreme muscularity....suffered from high blood pressure and an enlarged heart". Why not say, "due to the fact that is takes a boatload of pharmaceuticals in order to look like the freaks of today, these men greatly jeopardize their health...". I mean please, why not call a spade a spade? That is the bane of the whole industry. The "little white lie" where they never allude to the fact that drug use is unhealthy, and that the pros today are living on the ragged edge of life and death. Thus causing all of those not in the know (read: teens and adults) to actually believe that those guys are healthy, or that they are not drug users.
    exactly, could not have said it better myself.

Success Nourishes Hope Shankerr's Avatar
    I had heard yesterday as well that he was having some kidney problems on top of everything, and was set to be started on dialysis to try to take some pressure off his system... poor guy..

Its kind of a bad thing to gossip about soemone in his condition though, without really knowing what is going on for sure... just my two cents..
    Let me get this straight...
    You get play from the girl of your dreams
    PR Shoulder Press using the 3 digit dumbells
    Hit up some fun with the guys
    Then get more play
    (all in one afternoon/evening I might add.. S)
    You are a success my friend . Share your secrets. (Crippy)

rookiebldr says:
    As for the weight gain, that too shouldn't be a problem, just tell them your leaning out. Then flex your bi and tell them to ****ing get lost.
    Shane says:
    yeah or throw something at them
    rookiebldr says:
    like a couple of 45's

Wannabebig Member
    I've heard that Orville way a real nice guy. I've been following this story the last two months. Real sad, He's messed up his body pretty good, I hope he can come through it....

Wannabebig Member
    it's very sad indeed, but his condition is self inflicted, if you're going to take drugs be preapred for the consequences.