The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Ever feel like a deer caught in headlights?

Anybody else get that feeling maybe like once per month? Where you can be in the mall and feel totally out of place? I don't even know how to explain it, but the feeling doesn't feel good. I guess it can be described as a panic attack or an anxiety? But what causes that type of feeling? Is it a lack of sleep? Poor nutrition? I don't suffer from any sort of anxiety, or not that i know of. ANd I don't take any prescribed medication, but there are times when I get this feeling like i am about to explode, and most times this feeling occurs in malls or other public places. What the heck is making me feel so awkward? Anyone know what I am talking about? Is it normal?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

When I go to a mall, I just end up getting really angry, because there are so many stupid people bumbling along, not watching where the **** they're going. Therefore I avoid malls whenever possible!!!
    Say Goodnight To The Badguy!

lol good **** bro. I wish i had a similar problem! But my problem is when I am at the mall, I can't even look people in the eyes. SO I am worried if I have like a social phobia state or something? this only happens to me once every blue moon, but it scares the hell out of me. COuld not getting enough sleep cause this? or should I be really worried?

Have you always been that way? I know sometimes I feel that way too...but i have always been somewhat socially inept!!!!

Now that I think about it, I always have been that way. But I only get that kind of feeling once in a while. About 80% of the time I am a very social person.And then this kicks in out of nowhere and everything becomes awkward. What the heck could be causing that kind of state of mind? I.E lack of sleep?

I'm not sure what would cause it, I think most people just naturally have ups and downs in their mood, which causes the feeling of being an outcast. ie: If all is going well in your life, you feel equal or superior to others. If you are having problems of any kind...seeing a bunch of happy people can bring you down even more All I know is, ot is a common problem, you're not alone dude!!!

Wannabebig Member
    One time on a rainy rainy night, I came about 6 inches from creaming a guy in my 4000lbs truck. You wouldnt think it would happen, but he froze just like deer in the headlights. Then he hopped and ran like a mofo to the sidewalk. I just missed him! I was sorta freaked myself. I know this is off topic, but just sharing.

Describe the feeling, does it seem like everything around you is moving in slow motion? Do you feel separated from everyone else, like you don't really recognize that stuff is going on around you? Seems like this could be some sort of panic attack, or social phobia. I am no expert, just throwing out ideas.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

sounds a bit like a panic or anxiety attack.
    If figureskating was easy they'd call it hockey. me
    If it's important they'll call back. me

The question isn't who is going to let me;
    its who is going to stop me.
    Ayn Rand

And so it begins,
    My eyes wide, yet I see only darkness.
    The world is mine, yet it crumbles with my touch.
    I can touch the stars with my thoughts,
    But the simplest of pleasures denied.
    All things must end they say;
    to end before beginning?
    Tis the sadest loss of all.
    M.P. (poet and author)

"Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolution."

what the pirate said. Sounds like an anxiety attack. I get them in elevators some times. I almost punched a guy once because of it.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

Is there a way to eliminate these attacks from ever happening? Or are some of us stuck with them for the rest of our lives? I know for a fact that I don't sleep enough. Could this be a part of the problem for all of us?

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    If it happens once a month, I think you're just a normal guy. If it gets to where this kind of thing interferes with your daily life/sense of well-being, maybe something should be done.

And yes, get more sleep.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

I always feel out of place. I barely make it to the mall once a month, if that. Just relax.

Confused
    Its a bad feeling isn't it? I get it like once in a while too. i just avoid malls now ever since me and my friend fought some kids behind the mall.

yeh about not gettin enough sleep.. i used to work 80 hours a week and stay out till 2 in the mornin and wake up for 5 so on average i would get 3 hours of sleep a night anyways this caused me to see things for months.. i was losing it.. i had panic attacks all the time and it turns out i had some mental disorders... so get some sleep and take all the b vitamins u can
    excellence is the result of caring more than others think is wise, dreaming more than others think is practical, and expecting more than others think is possible.

You guys are describing panic attacks, which is a mental condition that is treatable with medication and therapy. If anyone has serious problems with this you should probably see a doctor, particularily a psychiatrist or psychotherapist.

I don't panic at the mall, but i sometimes feel self conscious, and i think it probably shows, in the way I walk, etc. It sucks, but I don't think there's a damn thing I can do about it.

Originally posted by Wolfman
    I don't panic at the mall, but i sometimes feel self conscious, and i think it probably shows, in the way I walk, etc. It sucks, but I don't think there's a damn thing I can do about it.
    Yup...same thing happens to me. I really don't like going out that much because I'm so self conscious... like you said, the wlaking thing. In the mall I always feel like everyone is watching me walk.... and I have a strut I guess that I'm unaware of, so I'll try to walk differently and then I probably look stupid and then I wonder what would happen if I just forgot how to walk.... or sometimes when you think about walking while you're walking it's not as easy..... kinda like breathing you don't think about it, but when you do it's harder.. lol.. Or in restaurants omg.... I hate them, I always feel like everyone is staring right at me and it makes me so uncomfortable..... but I'm getting over that, I think.

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    That nasty "self-conscious" kinda "everybody is watching" feeling is unhealthy. I used to get it frequently too. Just realize that no one is actually watching you, and you are free to do whatever you want. You'll overcome that feeling with age, I think.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

I know what you mean,

I would normaly get that kind of feeling when had little rest 2-3 times a month or whatever,

Its all in your mind, you will get over it, its called parranioia.

main causes 4 me where lack of sleeeeeeeeep and
    smokingpot
    To get good at most things takes 2-4 years i.e BodyBuilding, Martial Arts, Musical Instrements ect.
    To Master it, takes a life time - Buff Stuff

The answer to every query is, of course, "squats". - drew

BUFF