The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

So what's the truth?

I have decided to be healthy and get the body I have always wanted however I'm reading so many different things my head is spinning. I have started eating 5-6 small meals a day and trying to find a good program wile I do this. I have not started to workout just yet because I want to know what I'm doing before I get in the gym. Anyway, I have read in several different books / magazines that say high protein intake is the way to go to build muscle, then last night I was reading another book that said "high protein intake" is not the way to go. It said if you eat decent then you probably already get enough protein in your diet (so things like protein shakes aren't necessary) and that to much protein can have side effects like weight gain. So, high protein or not. Also I'm curious about creatine. At what point should I start using it? Does it cause weight gain? What are the side effects if any?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Generally accepted practice for those wishing to gain muscle, is to consume about 1 gram of protein per lb of bw.

Start using creatine whenever.
    It will cause intramuscular water retention.
    There are no side effects that I am aware of. Just keep water intake high (a gallon or so a day).

How do you suppose you are going to figure out how to lift without doing it? Get to the gym, start with light weights, and you will soon have a better idea of what to do. If you want a good training program, check out the WBB routines.
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska

read all the articles on this site, they are free, and great. don't worry about all these supplements, just eat good whole food
    Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal.These things are for lesser men.Protect the weak against the evil strong.And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil."

live by the code

Doubtful that you're getting adequate protein in a normal diet.

And I agree with what Nate said. The only way to figure out how to lift, is to go to the gym and do it. Start out light, learn form, then up the weight & intensity once you've learnt it. Even if you are researching how to eat and all that on the side, there's no excuse not to be learning form at the same time.

Also, if you're looking for a routine, look at the WBB ones. Or search through here, cause enough get posted.
    LaLa