The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

slim fast weight loss shakes

okay, i have these Kirkland signature "weight loss shake"'s at home that my mom bought for herself.

i'm trying to bulk (keep reading) and i'm planning on drinking post-work out shakes after i do some research on which one would be good. but my main question is:

is there anything in these weight loss shakes that cause you to lose weight...or is it just supposed to be a shake with vitamins and minerals (so it acts like a full meal)?

cuz...i know you're supposed to replace meals with these things - if you want to LOSE weight - but what if i wanted to gain weight? could i just drink these during the day (or maybe just save one for after each workout) and use that to help me gain weight?

and yes...i do know the main way to bulk is to eat eat eat! i'm already doing that. all opinions appreciated, thanks in advance!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Yeah I would think that it would be a way to get in some extra cals after a whole food meal, but I would just eat some calorically dense foods like nuts, seeds, pb, etc which would probably have more nutritional benefits.

Grasshoppa
    There's nothing magical about them. The staple of slim fast shakes is drink 2 of their shakes and eat a healthy dinner. That's it.

So, if you total up the calories, you get a serious calorie deficit; thus, weight loss.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

IMO they suck, how can a diet product have sugar as one of their main ingredients??

You could probably do better with a meal replacement powder instead of slim fast. Slim fast is basically just a milk shake that's been fortified. It's a whole lot of sugar which isn't really helping you out much, other than with the taste. Like the others said, it is just lower in calories than a big meal.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

I take Slim Fast as sometimes when I'm town and I'm on the verge of missing a meal, I stop at an AM/PM and get one. That's it and I'll eat as soon as I get home. I just want extra Calories.
    "The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die." -Steve Prefontaine

Motivate a fatty here.

bone crusher
    nothing wrong with that, but i like ELPIETROs idea about getting an MRP better

People who rely on those shakes must have tremdous willpowers, because everytime I have one similar I get even hungrier than I was.

Amateur OB/GYN-free exams!
    Originally posted by AJ_11
    People who rely on those shakes must have tremdous willpowers, because everytime I have one similar I get even hungrier than I was.
    Ahhh, a fellow carbohydrate addict. I know that when I start on anything with a high glycemic index, I immediately want to eat more & more. That's why I do my best (I'm not very good at it) to avoid sugars, flour, or wheat. Barley is the shiznit!

MRPs are better than Slim-Fast, btw.