The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

What Is The Minimum Amount Of Protein U Think I Should Get

ok i'm not on any supplements or anythin, just because i cant afford it myself n my parents r def not gonna go out their way to buy it for me....so basically i try to get all my nutrients from all i'm able to eat

i weigh in the 160 to 165 range....n i try to get over 200 grams of protein everyday, but of course its real hard hwen just eatin wat i can...but wat do yall think would be minimal amount of protein everyday for sum growth? i'm not gonna start just eatin that much protein, if its not that much, i mean i'm a eat as much as i can when i can...but i just wanna kno wat might be aan amount, that if i kno i get over that amount in a day, i dont hav to really sweat n try to goblble everythin
    Skillz

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

if you eat between 1-1.5g of protein ber lb of bodyweight, then ya protein should be fine 200 sounds alright to me, but for growth then you have to ensure that you are in a positive calorie balance.

Therefore you must eat more calories than your body needs, including implementing a good weights routine. Then you should start to grow providing you get plenty of rest.

The biggest mistake people make is thinking that protein is the be all end all. And it isnt calories count, so get plenty of complex carbs and healthy fats with your protein and you should be alright.

B-R
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    You must drink plenty of water if you plan on consuming a high protein diet. It will be a lot harder on your kidneys if you don't drink enough. And don't focus solely on protein, get some healthy fats and plenty of complex carbs. 200 grams sounds like overkill to me, if you only weight about 160. Dr. Peter Lemon who is the leading figure in researching protein's effects on training recommends only 1.8 grams of protein for every kilo of body weight, which is less than one gram per pound. However the article in which he stated this was written in '95 so it could be a bit out of date.
    Last edited by Songsangnim; 01-18-2003 at 04:51 AM.

From what I have read from previous posts your protien requirements go down somewhat if you are in a calorie surplus. Due to the fact that carbs are protien sparing, so I would just try and get approx a gram per pound of bw and plenty of carbs and EFA's.

yeah, actually i dont hav a problem wit the calorie n carbs...n i get 200 grams of protein in a day if i'm hordin lots of meat neways..i'm pretty sure i get way less than that....but do uthink (if i do hav a good amount of ccalories over the amount i burn), that if i got from 120 grams to 170 grams of proteiin in a day that its all good?
    thanks u guys
    Skillz

Originally posted by Skillz
    yeah, actually i dont hav a problem wit the calorie n carbs...n i get 200 grams of protein in a day if i'm hordin lots of meat neways..i'm pretty sure i get way less than that....but do uthink (if i do hav a good amount of ccalories over the amount i burn), that if i got from 120 grams to 170 grams of proteiin in a day that its all good?
    thanks u guys
    Skillz
    Yeah that would probably be fine as long as you are in caloric surplus. Although there are many different views on this topic, but from what I read on google that amount is fine for someone in caloric surplus.

ok thanks man
    i just wanna be able to know so i dont trip over every time i dont get over my body weight in grams of protein everyday or sumthin u kno
    Skillz

Ecoli die
    I think it depends on if you are still growing (i.e. under 22yrs old) or not.

If you are past your growth stage, it doesn't take much protein for maintenance and it doesn't take much extra protein to build a pound of muscle as long as you are getting enough calories to maintain yourself.

1g/lb body weight is way more than is necessary for most people. Doesn't hurt much though.
    Now in pain, only working out the walking sticks.