Thread: Motivation

Motivation

I am new to the board and I am just starting to get back into lifting. I'm definitely at my worst point ever with strength and size and I'm just completely disappointed with myself. It's pretty embarassing when your girl bumps into your chest and says that's pretty boney... Well, I was just wondering what everyone else's motivation was to get them into it and keep them there.

You know mine, as embarassing as that may be. I'm praying to see some good results by summer so when me and my girl go to the beach she's looking all beautiful and I'm out of shape.

Lift more
    Look better
    be healthier
    chicks dig muscles

What more motivation do you need?
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska

good point. Just can't wait to get there.

Banned
    once you get back into lifting hardcore and start buzzing from endorphins and adrenaline you can do it for the rush instead of trying to impress people

there's nothing like that mixed feeling of elation and nausea after a killer leg workout

The Clinging of the weights
    The sorness
    The burst of Energy
    The fact you better yourself
    Braking personal record lifts
    Telling youself that I might fail but I'll damn if i stop trying!
    The feel you get when you go to a powerlifting meet and everyone is yelling and screaming at each other to finish a lift its amazing!
    The Essence of Destiny (quote in my sig)

KC

I am maschocistic(sp) Took some kind of of personality test put me in the same category as Hitler and Vince Lombardi.

I have a dream I am going get strong go to a yuppe curl jockey gym and freak everybody out.

Originally posted by Callahan

there's nothing like that mixed feeling of elation and nausea after a killer leg workout
    Word

Enthusiasm for training, is my motivation.

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    self improvement should be everyone's goal, allowing your body OR mind go to waste is a sin
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

Second Place = First Loser
    My first motivation was to get revenge. Basically there was a girl I became very close friends with (over the course of two years, later this became wasted time more or less), and then she said she didn't want to date me or anything bc I was "fat". Well then I got another girl (even better), so now my motivation is her. Or, when you want that one last rep, think about the thing that pisses you off the most, whether it's a person, or something that happened, you will fight like hell to get it up!
    Second place is just a generic term your mom created to make you not feel bad about losing, because second place is actually first loser!

I do it to scare the sh*t out of my kids.
    Last edited by Stray; 01-15-2003 at 06:59 PM.
    -Stray-

"When you are not practicing, remember, someone somewhere is practicing, and when you meet him he will win." - Ed Macauley

I work out because I have two daughters.....and one day they'll be teenagers.

*waits for Rock's motivational words
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

I just love to do it. Its part of who I am, and I don't need any other motivation then to just be myself.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Latman is my motivation... Gotta push it to outlift him. I only have 300 pounds to go!
    hmmmmmmm... will i ever be big enough?

Age- 17
    Height- 5'10"
    Weight- 160

RAW lifts
    Bench- 225(1)
    Deadlift-350(1)
    Squat-285(1)

Use your faverite music during each workout, change cd regularly.

My motivation:
    Up until 7th grade I was always picked on. I was small and weak. My dad noticed this and bought me a beginners weight set. 2 years later and look at me now. At first, it was purely for revenge. Now that I have scared my old tormentors, i lift to win competitons and get bigger for football.

Jack's Utter Surprise Saturday Fever's Avatar
    My motivation to workout is that I want to be cool. Nothing is more exciting than getting to the gym, loading up 135 on the bench and then spending the next hour in front of the mirror checking out my inner pecs. Sometimes I'll do the bench, otherwise I just unload the plates and head over to the rack for some curls. There's nothing like a good bicep pump.

My workouts are feuled by self-hate and hatred for the world at large. If I need to, I'll just look at a picture of myself with no shirt on... it reminds me of the body that's just underneath, wanting to come out. Weakness is a sin. Rise above the herd.

Jack's Utter Surprise Saturday Fever's Avatar
    You should write slogans for t-shirt and bumper sticker companies with catchy phrases like that!

Banned
    My motivation is this...Think about it...

Weightlifters are almost god-like. We are manifesting our bodies to be in the best shape that it could possibly be in

To be a serious weightlifter is a honor. It is like a exclusive click or society that rises above the average joe blow drinking a six pack

We are what every wants to be. I know it sounds vain, but thats what keeps me motivated. Striving for perfection.

*hot chicks dig muscles, what more do you need?
    -deFenDeRs oF thE unDerRateD

If it doesnt make dollars, then it doesnt make sense

I never knew how skinny I was untill I started gaining a little weight

My motivation is: To gain strength, win meets, stay healthy.
    Squat - 505
    Bench - 325
    Deadlift - 550
    Total - 1380@175

Someday....
    Originally posted by FrusWeighted
    My workouts are feuled by self-hate and hatred for the world at large. If I need to, I'll just look at a picture of myself with no shirt on... it reminds me of the body that's just underneath, wanting to come out. Weakness is a sin. Rise above the herd.
    Hell Yea...
    Original Weight ~~ 342
    Weight 1/27/02 ~~ 324
    Weight 2/13/02 ~~ 312
    Weight 2/28/02 ~~ 299
    Weight 3/11/02 ~~ 287
    Weight 4/15/02 ~~ 266
    Weight 5/30/02 ~~ 240
    Weight 8/28/02 ~~ 223
    Weight 1/11/03 ~~ 213