Thread: Lose Fat and Gain Weight While Boxing and Weightlifting

Free and Clean

Lose Fat and Gain Weight While Boxing and Weightlifting

I'm 6'3 187 pounds. Probably around 17% Body Fat (Margianlly Higher than Normal).
    My biggest priority is to lower my body fat down to 12%. But I would like to add a few pounds of Muscle too.

It should be easy to do, since I Spar/Train at a boxing gym 2 to 3 times a week for an Hour, Plus I have Lift Heavily 2 to 3 times a week too. My problem is that I am confused by all the Diet Choices. I feel that Pure Low-Carb is shortchanging my muscle growth, yet I worry that a Ketogenic diet/routine would force me to lighten up on the Boxing (by its nature semi-anerobic), something I would hate to do.

I'm extremely disciplined and motivated and can adhere to any diet. I only lack knowledge. Any Advice?

Again, with my diet habits, and lifestyle this should be a cakewalk, I just need a plan.

Sean

Yikes, with that much exerise I'd say it would be very hard to do both at the same time. From what I understand boxing is a killer for gaining weight. So try to pick one at a time, perhaps try to slim down right now since your going to be getting so much exercise, then once your boxing season is over, concentrate on gaining. I would definetly not go keto if your that active, I wouldn't even go low carb. Keep carbs moderate and just concencentrate on how many cals you consume overall. Make sure you eat enough to provide energy for all your activites, but don't eat too much since your going to shed a few. It might be hard to find that median, but work hard, and work smart.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    Nah you can do it, I did too, all you got to do is eat like a fiend and you'll get bigger and stronger. I work about 50% protein with 40% carbs and 10% fats. It doesn't really matter to be exact just keep eating cals.

BTW I do train more than you do currently so its definelty possible
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    recently i did overwork my shoulders though, so lets make sure you don't do that either, not only am i forced to take a week off but i also have to go on a shoulder strengthening routine. When your shoulders become your main point you will be able to pull this off beautifully. BTW boxing kicks butt best punching art EVER!!!! I especially like the Jab, the Jab step, the right hook, the angle upper cut from the right, the right cross, and the incredible footwork. IT's really sweet. As you can see i borrow from boxing a lot
    Last edited by nejar462; 01-29-2003 at 05:46 PM.
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

Free and Clean
    Thanks Guys,
    I sometimes get caught up in all the science.. and custom diets that I get freaked out. It does seem that I can't knock Carbs out-- I don't seem to need them for energy, but I do seem to need them to keep size and definition and Proportion. I think I'll just eat solidly for the next month, and then do some sort of slim-down phase aftewards to know off any extra weight.

Thanks Again

Free and Clean
    On more question, but first, let me clarify- By "HEavy Lifting" I mean about an hour, with focus. Not like a bodybuilder, just someone who knows what they are doing, and doesn't screw around in the gym. And by Sparring/Boxing, I mean the same thing: I am by no means training to fight, but I'm in there trying to get good- which means a lot of effort.
    Ok, back to my question, Assuming I am going to do a Simple high-Protien, Medium Carb, Low-fat Diet, how should I tweek the porportions for pre/post-Boxing workouts? How should i tweek the Pre/post-weightlifting workouts.

Keep in mind the original Goals: Losing Fat, but Maintaining mass.

thanks
    Sean